Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-24-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Renors is on a distinguished road
Default Dragon Age 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xx0pU-B_yA

^ 'Tis the trailer. :3

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-25-2010   #2 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renors

^ 'Tis the trailer. :3
link it for you

08-25-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Oh, thanks. I didnt know how.

08-26-2010   #4 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this analysis of the trailer on GT. Don't watch if you want everything to be a surprise as I think it gives a lot of hints towards some things in the game.
Spoiler!

08-26-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Thanks Buta!

Spoiler!

08-26-2010   #6 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've been waiting for this. Also, research more on Dragon Age II. It was stated that most Qunari have horns.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Qunari

08-26-2010   #7 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Did they show up in the first one? I don't remember seeing anything like them. But then, it's been a while since I played.

08-26-2010   #8 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

If the analysis has any merit...

Spoiler!

NINJA BUTA: Sten was a Qunari. But no horns.

08-26-2010   #9 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
NINJA BUTA: Sten was a Qunari. But no horns.
Oh, I didn't save that guy cause the priestess was being a *****. So I had to look him up. >_>

Was that the only guy?

08-26-2010   #10 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Was that the only guy?
Quote:
In Dragon Age 2, it is revealed that most qunari have horns. Some are born without them, but it is not considered a defect on the contrary, those born without horns are considered special, as they are meant for a special role in qunari society such as a Ben-Hassrath or an envoy to the other races.
No sir, not at all.

10-27-2010   #11 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

New trailer with moar in game graphics.

02-23-2011   #12 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

The Demo is out for those who still care.

02-23-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Played the demo. It was really fast paced to me compared to the first one. If I had to complain though, the HUD looks like shit. I much prefer the old one.

02-23-2011   #14 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

I watched the video by TotalBiscuit... the movements are so much faster than it was before. But yeah, the HUD looks like its oversimplified.

02-23-2011   #15 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

DA2 storyline reminds me of Spartacus somehow lol.

02-24-2011   #16 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Considering getting this. Played through the demo and it feels a lot more smooth to me, but then I don't remember how the first game played anymore since it was so long ago.

03-18-2011   #17 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

So, despite the cries of dissent regarding this game, I did end up getting it and playing through it, mostly because the first game was one of few to actually hold my interest until the end.

My thoughts? It was okay I suppose. It wasn't particularly moving. Like one reviewer said, it doesn't give you enough depth into the characters.

The final boss was easier than some of the earlier battles where I was ill-equipped and I didn't feel very accomplished after beating it.

Gameplay-wise... I can't say I remember exactly how Dragon Age: Origins played, but I remember pausing a lot more for tactical purposes. The only reason I ever paused in battle was to position the camera better so I could actually click on an enemy. Or so that I could switch characters that were dying.

The game did, however, give me a sense of consequences, having some characters I'd seen before show up again (to screw me over and the like). I'm not sure if I had chosen differently if things would've still gone the same way, but it almost ticks me off sometimes how most encounters usually end in conflict. And I wasn't even choosing the EVILBADMAN dialogue options.

Story wise, it seemed to be more like little mini-stories taped together with cutscenes of Varric the dwarf telling it to some seeker inbetween sections (If you played the demo, that dwarf and that seeker). I didn't feel particularly drawn into the story given how sporadic it felt.

Storyline spoiler regarding some points that irked me.
Spoiler!

If you're a huge fan of the series, it is indeed a good game, though rather short and disappointingly so.

If you plan on buying it, wait until it's on sale. The DLC that I got from pre-order was not particularly game-breaking and many other items in the game were much better making them somewhat useless. Even the Black Emporium was mostly for aesthetics.

03-18-2011   #18 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Spoiler!

I haven't finished my streamed run yet however regarding your spoiler:
Spoiler!

03-18-2011   #19 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

DA2 was disappointing for me. It's not a bad game... I'd say above average (though not by much) but...it in general feels like a hashed down DAO for me.

Gameplay is give and take. Counterbalanced the good changes with bad ones. Waves of mobs are really stupid...every god damn encounter, kill a wave, and more magically appear. It's nonsensical, repetitive, and annoying. Difficulty with fights fluctuated a shitload, some of them would be piss easy, others just right, others balls shatteringly hard. The rise of difficulty from the settings are absurd as well! I haven't tried casual, but normal is a cake walk, hard is a massive leap, and for the most part...is challenging, with spots of bullshit. Some of the fights were absolutely absurd, particularly the

Spoiler!

Friendly fire seemed to be completely removed, maybe it's back in nightmare, never tried, but clearly, Bioware designed the game without friendly fire in mind. The new staggering, push back, and knockdown are nice and all, but are also ****ing stupid. Yeah, it's much better seeing a mage getting staggered and stunned by getting arrows shot at him. But it's not better to have my mage get knocked down from every single god damn attack, then have the assaulter run up to him while getting up and knock him down again. AND AGAIN TILL HE DIES. And the mage can't do shit while getting back up. Getting staggered or knocked down against the wall or corner with any character is like instant death, cause you'll be locked in there till you die. Just...ugh.

Also: being unable to equip your companions with armor, GOD DAMNIT, WHY?!

Repeated settings and maps disappointed and pissed me off so much. What an eyesore. Having like 5 maps repeated for everything is inexcusable. Hair animation is so god awful. Graphics might actually have gotten worse. Textures look terrible. Some models looked terrible. Game shipped with issues with a lot of Nvidia and some AMD cards causing very low frame rates, inexcusable. They only have settings for DX9 and DX11, skipping 10 entirely, also, only allowing low/med on DX9 and high/very high on DX11, stupid. Game had some very annoying and potentially game breaking bugs. Particularly being unable to issue commands while controlling a character for whatever god damn reason, UGH. Clicking on monsters are dear god, kill me now, annoying. You have to click a sweet spot to target them half the time for some god damned reason.

Anders personality was ruined from awakening, and characters in general felt much more shallow. The dialogue wheel often had Hawke say something I didn't want him to say. Removed backstory and such was disappointing. I didn't feel like I had much of an impact on the world as I progressed. For one, it's in a very small setting, and one god damn city. The game just didn't have any immersion that made me feel like I accomplished anything in the world. The game felt short, probably was, about 20~ hours?

In general, the game felt kinda rushed, forced, disappointing. I'm saying a lot of negative things, but that's probably because it's the sequel of an excellent game. And if it's the sequel of a game, I expect it to play as well as it's predecessor, if not better, and learn from its mistakes. Again, not a bad game, but I feel it simply isn't that good.

03-18-2011   #20 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Yeah, I finished it in around 20 hours as well, but I gave up on trying to finish all of the quests after the first section.

And I believe I did read somewhere that friendly fire is on in Nightmare mode, but I'm too lazy to put in that kind of effort.

@Metty:
Spoiler!