LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-22-2010   #21 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Wisp is just a support. He doesn't have much going unless you have a good teammate to support to because he lacks damage output by himself.

I still don't really like Thrall too much because his nukes aren't that great in terms of late game damage during a clash. He's very strong during early to mid game, but his prime job is mainly to disable as many opponents has he can with his ultimate during a clash.

Gyrocopter is very decent actually. Even professional players from sponsored teams have mentioned positive remarks of that character. What he lacks in to make him a full carrier is that he has no decent escape mechanism. If I were to classify him, he would be around a tier 3 to 2 being a ganker or a semi-carrier. What makes him a very lethal threat is his homing missiles. They can be casted in blind spots and can do very decent damage with the stun. His rocket barrage, although it may seem weak, allows him a larger advantage against melee units. The 3rd skill is where it makes him even stronger allowing massive damage depending on his attack speed. His ultimate allows him to deal damage from a large AoE. Commonly, you'll see decent Gyrocopter players initiating a gank with his homing missiles, launch his ultimate just about when the missiles contact, and spam his 1st and 3rd skill like no tomorrow. It does an insane amount of damage during mid-game and just enough to kill most of the heroes in the game in a matter of seconds.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-30-2010   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^
Awards MoM AwardFacebook Fan

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to TheBlackCatXIII
IGN: TheBlackCatXIII
Class: Sense to_scientist

so, i played kunkka today a few times due to rigged randoms.
i still remember kunkka came out just when i started dota, i played him a few times back then, couldn't use him properly due to the challenging ulti and X mark.
Being in a game with a bunch of noobs that doesn't know what they're doing, has no idea about item builds and hero abilities Q.Q.. (e.g. pudge with SnY, Tiny avalanche after naga ulti =.=" etc etc)
I thought that we would lose for sure, later in the game, i discovered kunkka's insane versatility and carrying power. frankly, it was almost a 1 person effort, but always help when my teamates take some of the damage / disables instead of me taking them all (can't win like that of course). i was quite shocked myself at the extent that i was carrying / tanking / pushing, it was just, insane. (though with quite expensive items - heart, 2 battlefuries, treads)
Carries often have the problem of low HP pool / defence, lack of disable etc, but kunkka has all these @_@...
He's one epically awesome hero Q.Q...

08-30-2010   #23 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the other team wasn't impressive either. You shouldn't stack 2 battlefuries like that. The damage isn't impressive. I would had gotten a BKB for both offense and defense or a cuirass. It sounded like that game ended over 60 minutes seeing you attained a heart and 2 battlefuries.

Last edited by k0n; 08-30-2010 at 04:11 AM.

08-30-2010   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light

yea, the other team wasn't so good either, game was about 50 minutes. Ganking gives me gold too now, so i can get lots of gold even if i'm not in farm. yea, a curiass might have been good too. i stacked furies coz it gave me the cleave i needed for extra carrying / pushing capcity (last time i checked the cleave stacks and is pure damage?). we had 2 of our lanes raxxed, and the lane remaining had no tower. I was farming for an AC as well, but didn't even have time to go fountain / shop Q.Q. BKB on kunkka is not exactly needed even if they had disables, since i shoudl be the one initiating. fetching it damage was the way to go @_@, was thinking of divine... but too risky =/, they had a potm and BH.

08-30-2010   #25 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

If you were going to go DR, you need aegis. Don't ever let a choice of character hinder your chain of thought. BKB would had allowed you better safety. Also, you don't really need cleave to farm. Just learn how to last hit and you'll be okay. BF's don't give you any sort of defensive mechanisms aside from the small regen. You see, Kunkka doesn't have any sort of defensive mechanisms unless you're willing to risk to guess and use your skills.

From the sound of though, it was already over when you said 2 of your lanes were raxed. Also, if you're trapped like that, use a birdy ^^

08-30-2010   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

yea, BKB might have been ok. believe it or not, kunkka's ulti is probably one of the best defence mech, tho it is a very short term thing (takes damage afterwards) but if the timing of the ship is correct, it really helps a lot! i will end up on really red health after, but it's ok since heart and BF's gives me enough regen to stay on task without healing. Divine might have been unsafe Q.Q, the cleave was for team kill / pushing xD
we won in the end, it just gave me a headache making difficult decisions, one of our lane was raxxed due to a wrongful decision D= tried to help team ganking, couldn't defend = another rax gone.
We won in the end somehow..

08-31-2010   #27 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

Haha, that sounds funny. Anyways, both his X and Tide skill do help also running away. Most replays I watch of non-carry Kunkkas from the pro scene uses lothars, vangaurds and cuirass. Pretty good game if you managed to pull a win

08-31-2010   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

yea.. quite a few people get lothar's on him... lothar's is fun item to use but it can be easily countered (dust.) and lothar's on a str hero never feels right to me. i quite like blink in any situation tho.
vanguard is alright i sometimes get it on kunkka if i lack golds due to wateva reason. but heading straight for a BF provides a greater advantage. in any case i usually rush a perserverence, it just offers a lot for a hero like kunkka, stay in game without returning to fountain.

09-22-2010   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

the need to nerf thrall's OPness once again appeared. So, we were playing an RD game, the enemy lineup had ES and Tide... out-drafted like no tomorow. Me being the last guy to pick, has the urge to pick enigma, since it was probably the only chance to counter their drafting. I told me friends i was never a good enigma, so i picked thrall.
Game turned out too well, i had complete control over my lane and complete control over ganks due to the ulti.
They were complaining about kinetic field and ulti being OP. which i kinda agree.
very likely thrall's going to have everything except his first skill nerfed.
once you give Thrall the power to spam, he gets too much control over everything.
i usually get cyclone for that since it also solves the problem of the enemies aiming you.

09-22-2010   #30 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

Lawls, Shadow Demon got me hooked.

Soul Ring 8D

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

09-23-2010   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

yes, a pro shadow demon would make him look like he needs some very serious nerf.
i dunno, whether nerf is needed on shadow demon (especially his poison) is still quite unclear.
but thrall defnitely needs nerf =] more in the cooldown / mana department, or even stats.

09-23-2010   #32 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

Thrall works well in early game. He really needs items like Euls to be more efficient. However, during late game, his damage input isn't enough to be honest if you're playing against a carry/turtle style team. I've seen hard counters against Thrall such as N'aix which completely destroys his early game harassment.

I don't think a nerf is required.

By the way, all the heroes work the same item style as Bane which is more on disables and less on actual mana regen. The whole point of the heroes were to encourage more action in the game instead of turtling if you haven't acknowledged it already.

09-24-2010   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

his ulti is an aoe silence + damage for 5 seconds that has a long casting range and no channeling. cooldown on that skill is only 1 minute, maybe not a huge nerf but still needs some balancing. Kinetic field is a borderline, since noobs can never trap properly. casting range is kinda short and the delay time between the initial cast and the solidifying of the field is somewhat tricky (which is solved by Eul's easily if 1v1 situation, blink / forcestaff if need trapping more)
and yes, i never like turtling games and i really hate those heroes that has the capacity to 1 vs 5 when u turtle a game (PA, void, Skeleton King in particular.)
Thrall works well all the way up to beyond late game. the trapping + ulti combo puts opposing team in too much disadvantage during team clash, tho it's the spammable nature that makes it somewhat OP.

09-26-2010   #34 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute

They should lessen Pit of Malice's cast time.

09-26-2010   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

^ under thrall's presence, yes. but Pit is still an epic skill =] even if the casting time remains the same. That shows thrall needs some balancing, but not an all-out nerf. but then again, achieving perfect balancing is really hard especially if you want a good mix and variety, even if everything stays the same, i can understand =]

09-29-2010   #36 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackCatXIII
his ulti is an aoe silence + damage for 5 seconds that has a long casting range and no channeling. cooldown on that skill is only 1 minute, maybe not a huge nerf but still needs some balancing. Kinetic field is a borderline, since noobs can never trap properly. casting range is kinda short and the delay time between the initial cast and the solidifying of the field is somewhat tricky (which is solved by Eul's easily if 1v1 situation, blink / forcestaff if need trapping more)
and yes, i never like turtling games and i really hate those heroes that has the capacity to 1 vs 5 when u turtle a game (PA, void, Skeleton King in particular.)
Thrall works well all the way up to beyond late game. the trapping + ulti combo puts opposing team in too much disadvantage during team clash, tho it's the spammable nature that makes it somewhat OP.
I don't see it as a huge disadvantage actually. Enigma's ultimate offers a permanent disable over the silent and that's just one spell without considering Midnight Pluse which damages based off of HP% instead of flat damage. It may be a second shorter during level 16, but disabling DPS characters is more important especially if they're the carries of the team like Medusa. Also, if you want to compare to other spammy characters like AA and Zeus, the damage is quite smaller actually.

What's more important is the landing the Kentic Field. It takes about 1 second to activate and if you happened to disable one person with Euls, chance is you'll be taken out by other person from the opposing team before your Static Storm drops. It's possible to gather all your opponents up in the circle, but if you happened to do that, then I'm pretty sure any trick you can come up with will work as well.

Also, I think BKB can by pass both skills if I'm not mistaken.

09-29-2010   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

plumbob is on a distinguished road
IGN: melancholic
Class: Maritime to_mercenary
Level: 21

Played DotA yesterday with my friends. Its been a long time since we got to play so we only end up with 2 wins and 3 loses.. Bad record for us and also since me and my friends are only 4 so we do not know the other one. I can say that all of us are late bloomers meaning we really got pwned on early games but we can make a comeback when we got good items and strategies.. So the other guys when they saw that me and my friends dies as much in the earlier rounds they quit and that pisses us.

10-01-2010   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

enigma's ulti is channeling and has a more than doubled CD time which makes it a very balanced skill. but yes, Enigma's ulti > Thrall's in terms of disable. more reliable i guess you could say.
Eul's very handy in many situations, in some cases, especially in terms of defence, that item shines brighter than hex. My friends often ask me why i love Eul's so much on intels. I really like it because it's cheap, can easily build up to it and needs very little farm to get it. my friends usually just rush hex. i dislike that kinda farming on a support / ganker intel hero, it just doesn't offer as much as farming on a carry. going around ganking and towering early is something i see as intel's main objective. of course, there are those intel that doesn't need that kinda mana regen e.g. lich, CM etc these heroes i will rarely get Eul's on unless game calls for it somehow.
and Zeus and AA, these heroes can easily become carries if they can dominate the game soon enough (they certainly have the capacity to). Zeus due to insane nuking and tank killing abilities, AA.. skills and stats makes it a very good DPS and finisher. they are very versatile heroes, AA in particular i love playing due to it's crazy versatility, only down side being it's worm hp.

10-01-2010   #39 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games

Okay, I played for an hour. Found myself pissed after getting trashtalked by some random nursing students because me and my classmates pwned them. lol

10-02-2010   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

trashtalking and flaming is part of dota. for me anyway lmao, just expect it to happen in most games. Only in league / ladder games u wouldn't expect it, seeing that everyone plays at a higher level and are experienced. No need to flame and trashtalking just make u look like trash. only talk about ganking and strats in those games, but they're always too demanding, i personally dislike playing them. too serious and too draining.