ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   The Power of the Wiimote (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/802-power-wiimote.html)

Vindicta™ 06-20-2008 08:34 AM

The Power of the Wiimote

*Wiimote - Wii remote

This will blow your mind off...

I like this kind of stuff - cheap, innovative.

Discuss =)

kuyaBaka 06-20-2008 09:32 AM

Looks really neat. Wish i could figure out how to do that ..

When I saw him write on Photoshop and stuff -- does that mean you can use it as a crude version of a tablet? You could save yourself a lot of money by doing this.
Nonetheless, the ability to use the Wiimote as a laser pointer and stuff for a lot less than the standard projector relieves a big load from your wallet.

Noctis 06-20-2008 09:43 AM

That was really cool. How'd he set it up to do those things. I know there was software but how to hook the Wii-mote up to the comp to do those things?

Tea 06-20-2008 09:46 AM

well in a sense yes you can use it as a tablet, but like he said in the clip, its very limited. The thing you will not have is the pressure sensitive pen movement on your tablet giving you depth when you apply weight when you draw. Thats what defines the tablet at the moment and plus it gives a drawing on paper feel. Drawing constantly on a right angle will probably have some kinda of stress applied on your wrist etc. due to the abnormal position you are in for a long period of time.

I really like though is taking one thing and applying it to something else and creating a whole new perspective and/or entirely new product altogether. AND! it was from somebody outside the gaming zone too.

Noctis 06-20-2008 10:10 AM

I don't think he meant for that to be like a tablet. Probably a cheap interactive whiteboard( like he said in the video) or probably teaching purposes. Write equations and notes and stuff on the board for the class to see. Work out problems for the class. And be able to perhaps switch to the internet or some other program on the computer to show the class a video or flip through a slideshow. Not for drawing stuff to put on your deviantart or something.

Tea 06-20-2008 10:32 AM

you can't really say "not" when its perfectly applicable, just why would you do it ? lol;; there are people who want to find new ways to achieve something of the same effect.. even in drawing. *shrugs*

Noctis 06-20-2008 10:38 AM

I know that you COULD use it for drawing. I'm just saying that THIS version probably would server a better function in those other things I listed than for drawing. You could do it though probably. I didn't mean not as in "never use it for drawing." I meant it as "That's probably not a main use for it.... yet."

HennaIkimono 06-20-2008 10:58 AM

Seems Nintendo (whether on purpose or unintentionally) created a gaming system with acsesories (I.E. Wiimote) that have application outside of gaming, I essence, the demographic for their system is growing outside of the gaming community. Go Nintendo.

*Now I want to try that