ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   CosmicBreak (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/76984-cosmicbreak.html)

Nihil679 06-04-2010 01:06 AM

CosmicBreak

CosmicBreak thread. What's up.
Due to not joining same unions at all, ggFTW does NOT have a clan/guild in this game. Members in unions could try to find you a spot in their guilds, maybe.

IGN List:
-Forum Name - In-Game Name - Union
-*Nihil679 - Nihiru - WIZ
-Ai - LyricalGirlKira - WIZ
-*LilMewMew - MewChan - WIZ
-*Lime - LimeTea - WIZ
-*Xpecial - Xpecial - WIZ
-*Shinkky - LAGMAX - WIZ
-*Oshawott - Amthea - WIZ

-Firaragun - Firaragun - BRD
-*Ibuki - Nutberry - BRD
-*Sheep - Sheepychan - BRD
-*None - Rema - BRD
-*J0SH2 - Yatagarasu - BRD

-Reinshiki - Reinshiki - DOS
-Seim - Kampfer - DOS
-*BlitzForever - Blizt - DOS
-*mikecxz - Sidt - DOS
-*Marzai - ChromeHeart - DOS

-*ThisIsAPen - Black - Unknown
*denote possibly inactive.

----

OLD INFORMATION STUFF. Keeping here just for... reasons.

Spoiler!

Kisaragi 06-04-2010 02:39 AM

Unf mecha girls

But I bet I'll lag like a snail :/

Seim 06-04-2010 02:56 AM

lol shift :<
time for a black/red/hexi custom loli mecha kampfer thing/girl ._.
!!!
I hope they have chain mines :<

Virus 06-04-2010 02:58 AM

Reminds me of Playstation 1

meltyace 06-04-2010 04:57 AM

Meh, looking forward to GEV instead

Nihil679 06-04-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accent (Post 1256115)
Unf mecha girls

But I bet I'll lag like a snail :/

I doubt it's going to be graphics heavy. Download and installation went really quick, so it's probably a small game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus (Post 1256123)
Reminds me of Playstation 1

Doesn't it?

Kisaragi 06-04-2010 05:47 PM

by lag I mean network lag

my internet connection when it comes to online gaems is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Nihil679 06-04-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accent (Post 1256692)
by lag I mean network lag

my internet connection when it comes to online gaems is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Who knows. It seems like it's a connect-to-server game, rather then the peer-to-peer ones lately, so I doubt it will be a lot of SHUNPO/DRAGONBALLZ/TELEPORT/etc. etc. unless it's THAT BAD.

RoflKnife 06-04-2010 06:26 PM

Edit mecha appearance. Somewhat good looking part customization. I'll give it a go.

buta 06-04-2010 07:07 PM

I am intrigued.

WhatThePho 06-04-2010 07:16 PM

Even Custom Robo looks more refined than this.

Nihil679 06-04-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatThePho (Post 1256739)
Even Custom Robo looks more refined than this.

Who cares.
IT HAS MOE GIRLSSSSSSS

Nihil679 06-05-2010 09:09 AM

Double post/bumping because this is kind of important for people joining up.
As of this post, if you are the next 1736 joiners in Cosmic Break, you get a limited edition Zero Saber GOLD robot that has some betters stats, but uncustomizable.
http://www42.atwiki.jp/cosmicbreak/?...ef&serial=1509

I started to not find it a big deal after seeing its picture, but for those that like collecting things (like I used to), there's a certain process you need to do to get it, which I found really annoying for people that registered early.

In the trailer video I embedded to the first post, you must click it in order to go to its YouTube page. In its DESCRIPTION, there is a link. Clicking it leads you to the front/splash page. Click Register HERE. If you did it correctly, it should give you a Zero Saber GOLD countdown of the amount of accounts left.

Unfortunately, I registered early (maybe the first 10), so I did not see this until just yesterday. Way too lazy to make a new account and the delete account apparently does not work.

Firzin 06-05-2010 01:21 PM

Wow still 1690 bots left. Doesn't seem like a popular game at the moment.

Nihil679 06-05-2010 01:22 PM

I don't see them really advertising it, so I can't say I'm surprised.

buta 06-10-2010 11:58 AM

Saw someone streaming it and was reminded it came out today. I probably won't get to really try it till after I get back from class though, though.

IGN: buta

Nihil679 06-10-2010 12:40 PM

Busy wasting my FP on DFO. I'll probably join up with anyone very late tonight.
IGN will be Nihiru.

Nihil679 06-14-2010 08:47 PM

Making a bump post. There's still an entire MONTH of OBT1 left on this game, even though they're going to wipe it. I've played a decent amount already, so I decided I'll give a Nihiru-styled review of Cosmic Break.

The first thing you should note when playing the game is the fact that it KEPT THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE VOICES. I don't know many games that do this, or do I know if they're just doing this out of laziness as per OBT1 or they intend to keep it, but trust me, it's pretty awesome that they did this. Right as you start up the game, the window yells out "COSMIC BREAK!" in different Japanese voices at the log-in screen. The leaders of your union, your radio/voice chat, and in-game dialogue are all in Japanese.

Next thing you should note is the nice artwork. While it is pretty typical of any anime-styled game to have anime-styled artwork, it's still pretty decent compared to other "anime-styled" games. The interface is typical and relatively simple to navigate. My only problem with it is the LONG loading time when trying to open Garage or Shop or Options. This might be due to it being OBT, but it's really annoying to wait 30 seconds just to edit your options.

The game features a lot of interesting things that can appeal to both PvP-hungry players and PvE-loving players.
On the PvP side, there is the infamous UNION WAR.
Union Wars are based on whichever Union you chose at the beginning (WIZ for Wizdom/blue, BRD for Bladine/green, DOS for Dostrex/red). The Wars can get up to 30 sides on each Union side, and outside Unions cannot join (except for Shuffle, but I'm unsure how that works). Things get EXTREMELY hellish in Union Wars, so it's really important as a newbie to stay WITHIN YOUR LINES. It takes a bit to learn, but once you get the hang of it, it's a pretty intense and fun PvP.
The other side of PvP that is Union-free are Team Battles. I, myself, have not tried out Team Battles, so I can't tell you much about them.

For those that prefer PvE over PvP, there are two things you can try out. One thing to note is that Unions do not matter in PvE. While you can hate each others guts in Union Wars, everyone can fly around holding hands in PvE if they wanted to. This does mean there's an area for communicating with other players in other Unions.
This area is called the Ground Area where you can play Mission Mode, one of the PvE features. Mission Mode basically gives you a mission that you can start with a party (with storylines and pretty neat stuff). Missions are mostly clear the area of enemy computer robots, move on until you get to the boss, repeat until the story is finished. Not much to it at the moment, with only two missions out.
The second feature to PvE is the Quest Mode. While it sounds a lot the same as Mission Mode, it's more like a typical MMORPG (or maybe a console adventuring game). Quest Mode is pretty much where you go around, kill a boss of one area, get the keys, then advance to the next area until you hit an outpost, each area having stronger and stronger enemies each time. Do note that Quest Mode can form parties if you want, but you also play along side other players that are in the Mode, so things like kill-stealing might happen (though, trust me, it really doesn't matter much). As you kill monsters, they might drop power-ups that are permanent in Quest Mode as long as you don't start over (think of it like games, you accidentally hit New File on a game that only gives you... one save slot).

A big bonus to playing in PvE mode is that it is said to have items/treasures that you CANNOT get in Shops. I've actually obtained a few items myself, so I can tell you that it is worth your time. Unfortunately, I do not think you can level your robots off Quest Mode only (Mission mode, yes, but with only two, that gets boring).

Moving on are the robots available. As of right now, everything is available with in-game currency (though I highly doubt that will be true in release) and relatively cheap (refer to previous). I'd like to mention how all the female robots are humanoid and all the male robots are complete toasters. Robots in shops are decently priced and everything is permanent. Robots come in three sizes (which dictate your stats as well as size of weapons you can equip [which range from smallest to largest]) and four different types (which determine what core you have [which are basically their special]).
The first type that seems to be popular is the Air type. Like their name implies, they are robots that have a long boost and can move quickly in the air (trust me, a lot of robots do anyways). Air types specialize in beam weapons and can kill Land types easily, but get killed by Artillery type easily.
The next type is Land. Land moves quickly on land (hurpdurp), but have a low boost. They are VERY melee-orientated, like how my LazFlamme (some unicorn female robot) completely ZOOMS across people when I use her spear. Land loses a lot to Air, but dominates against Artillery.
Artilleries are fun to play. They are the middle between Land and Air, but they feature heavy firepower with explosive weapons. However, they usually DIE REALLY QUICK against melee attacks (Land). Luckily, they can shoot down Air types pretty easily.
I haven't played the Support type yet, but they are so damn nice in Union Wars. Support types are able to stand in one place and start healing anyone that is next to them within the little healing "umbrella." The heal is actually quite fast and can heal when you're knocking on death's door (and in Union War, DYING IS A BAD THING).
By the way, male robots vastly outnumber the female robots in the shop.

The graphics are actually pretty decent. I first thought it was going to be absolutely eye-blinding with flashing lights and explosions in my face everywhere, but despite Union War's hellish fights, it's not as bad as frontline FE:Z wars (my god, Hellfires and Blizzards from BOTH sides is TERRIBLE).

Fun game overall, something that I would recommend. It appeals greatly well to almost any type of gamer just looking for something to play. The biggest irk when playing would be the aiming system and camera controls, because your reticle doesn't move with your mouse, but your camera does. Your reticle "lags" behind with your mouse, so I found it really hard when adjusting my sensitivity because of that. Though, most of the time, you'll be spamming long-ranged attacks into the giant mob of enemies, so it doesn't matter too much.

Sanichi 06-14-2010 09:36 PM

Its too bad my computer doesn't handle these types well. . .

Nihil679 06-14-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanichi (Post 1265690)
Its too bad my computer doesn't handle these types well. . .

Do elaborate "these types"
explosive random ass effects out of nowhere? >: