Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-11-2011   #441 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

AW!
I was looking forward to recording tournament matches too. Damn.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-13-2011   #442 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

Reported from other sources... As of 17:00 PST, Arena, Epochs and Team Battle has suddenly stopped working.

Other functions of the game however are still accessible. But if you're the Pure Arena type... Well, sucks to be you. (I'll just do Missions or Quests or go to Anthea game for the time being.)

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

03-13-2011   #443 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

._. Sadly I'm an Arena type player ;_;

This earthquake really screwed some ppl over for the tourney in terms of schedule....such as me ._.
But some people really are in danger themselves cause there are some jp players that are pretty well known ._.

Hope tori is safe and sound ;_;
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

03-13-2011   #444 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
La Tale

Cinnamon will become famous soon enoughCinnamon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Shuuko
Class: Duelist lt_gunslinger
Level: 193
Guild: Aisuru

I'm actually mad the tourney was delayed, I was ready to record Snowflake ripping poor ol' Hotglue apart.

Regardless, when did cosmic break acquire so many emote-abusing kiddies?

03-13-2011   #445 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

When they found out how to do it.

03-14-2011   #446 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light

I am absolutely shocked that DOS ACTUALLY MANAGED to get no.1 FOR ONCE.

Well, we probably won't get it again, so...

Anyways, there won't be an update this week due to the earthquake, so... Yeah.

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.

03-14-2011   #447 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Because...
no one wants 3s Frog Lander HD.
Just saying.

03-14-2011   #448 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Nihil just jelly! JELLY!

It's hard to believe that this union...

can actually get...

HISTORY IN THE MAKING

03-14-2011   #449 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

>DOS lose
>gained CP

now you know why.

03-19-2011   #450 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Maintenance completed to fix Arena bug.

Which happened again yesterday.

And don't worry, Kampfer.

I feel you. Q_Q. (No, I'm not homo.)

03-21-2011   #451 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Got bored of the two games I was playing, thought I'd try this out :3

IGN is Blizt in DOS...have to say, I'm so confused over almost everything~ (reading all 23 pages of this thread didn't help much either, only even more confused xD)

Would greatly appreciate if someone can help me out, with some basic newbie/starter stuff maybe haha.

03-21-2011   #452 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
Got bored of the two games I was playing, thought I'd try this out :3

IGN is Blizt in DOS...have to say, I'm so confused over almost everything~ (reading all 23 pages of this thread didn't help much either, only even more confused xD)

Would greatly appreciate if someone can help me out, with some basic newbie/starter stuff maybe haha.
Start out slow first. What you want to do is get yourself familiarized with the different types of bots available to you and what you enjoy most.

The four types of bots are LND, AIR, ART, and SUP. As most of the abbreviations imply, that's land-based, air-based, artillery-based, and supportive.

For the most part, the thing goes LND > ART > AIR > LND, while SUP are their own.
If you like melee, LND is the most commonly associated type with melee. HOWEVER, LND is also high in variety, and you can easily see as many run-and-gun LNDs as you see melee.
If you like lots of missiles and explosion, ARTs are usually the ones loaded on weapons, especially explosive type. However, most tend to be big and bulky if you put too much weapons on it, which leads to being food for... anyone. Even AIRs will pelt you to death.
That being said, AIRs are the aerial type. They fly around and buzz you until you die and are commonly the most mobile types. If you enjoy the benefit of abusing terrain by flying way above the enemy and firing down on them, go ahead.
SUP are all sorts of things, it's hard to even say. The best summary is simply... supportive, be it healing or such and such.

Honestly, I find CosmicBreak more of a "jump in and learn yourself" type of game, I find it really hard to skimp on details for short explanations. X:

I guess the first thing you can do as a newbie is follow your episode-thingy. The Three Guardians do an "okay" job at explaining what you can do.
If you're going to arena, make sure you try not to die and don't try to rambo unless you know how to properly (which most people don't).

03-21-2011   #453 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Start out slow first. What you want to do is get yourself familiarized with the different types of bots available to you and what you enjoy most.

The four types of bots are LND, AIR, ART, and SUP. As most of the abbreviations imply, that's land-based, air-based, artillery-based, and supportive.

For the most part, the thing goes LND > ART > AIR > LND, while SUP are their own.
If you like melee, LND is the most commonly associated type with melee. HOWEVER, LND is also high in variety, and you can easily see as many run-and-gun LNDs as you see melee.
If you like lots of missiles and explosion, ARTs are usually the ones loaded on weapons, especially explosive type. However, most tend to be big and bulky if you put too much weapons on it, which leads to being food for... anyone. Even AIRs will pelt you to death.
That being said, AIRs are the aerial type. They fly around and buzz you until you die and are commonly the most mobile types. If you enjoy the benefit of abusing terrain by flying way above the enemy and firing down on them, go ahead.
SUP are all sorts of things, it's hard to even say. The best summary is simply... supportive, be it healing or such and such.

Honestly, I find CosmicBreak more of a "jump in and learn yourself" type of game, I find it really hard to skimp on details for short explanations. X:

I guess the first thing you can do as a newbie is follow your episode-thingy. The Three Guardians do an "okay" job at explaining what you can do.
If you're going to arena, make sure you try not to die and don't try to rambo unless you know how to properly (which most people don't).
Even though I already knew most of these, but still, thanks for the long explanation and help =]

What I am kinda having problem with are mainly the 3 things below:

- What kind of weapon would be have less cost, starter friendly, and somewhat effective/useful...doesn't really have to be hax (I looked at the wiki for weapon list, LOL, it's rather hard to tell what weapon is good with just text description)

- Things to watch out in PvP, generally not about how I fight or the fight style, but more like what I shouldn't be doing so I won't be a drag for the team and wasting pt with high cost or whatever...

- Not really sure what do TEC and TGH mean, (I suppose first one mean "technology"...? And later one is probably "toughness"...?)

P.S. Not going to be dumping cash on this immediately, but I did buy a Brickale RED and few other weapon for it (a AIR guide I read recommended it becuz of its poor weapon set), trying to use the S size mecha first, I think it use less cost or something?

03-21-2011   #454 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Yes, S-bots tend to cost less than L-bots for obvious reasons. They also have the benefit of usually having better mobility and hitboxes (tinier), but may suffer things such as low TGH, attack stats, and among some other little things.

TEC means "Technique," which is basically your shooting power. Anything that comes out as a projectile or is a gun uses TEC as your damage multiplier. Some melee weapons use TEC, but these are rare and you probably won't encounter them much.
TGH is your "Tough," in short your defense. However, this is an extremely simplified way to say it, because TGH isn't all that important up to a certain point. Basically, if you get shot a lot, more TGH will reduce the damage the more you get hit in a shorter amount of time (which is why you might see Bynes running around enemy's side, they have huge TGH).
HOWEVER, that is not all, and this is the primary reason TGH is important up to some point. The more TGH you have, the less chance you are stunned from damage. Ever get hit by something and your bot suddenly jitters or completely spins around? That is stun, and the less TGH you have, the easier it is for anything to stun you. It is highly recommended that most people keep TGH at least on or above 10 for ANYTHING, L-bots more so due to their huge size.
If you didn't know already:
STR - Strength, your melee damage in short.
FLY - Fly, your flying speed.
WLK - Walk, your walking speed.

Keep in mind, if you like Wonderbits, Wonderbits (or WB) rely on BOTH your STR and your TEC. If they are much too imbalanced (example, my end-game build has like -11 STR and 33 TEC), your Wonderbits tend to expire quickly and do little damage, as the damage actually relies on both stats also.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER drop either of your WLK or FLY stats to or below 0. The cons of doing so are just too great to even explain why, it just kills your mobility more than you believe, even if you think you won't be walking or flying.

For weapons, it all depends on the bot you use.
For S/M-AIRs, the general starter weapon is usually Wide Beam Gun, you can buy them cheap at shop and they do their job fairly decently. Their bullets are slow, but wide (as the name implies), so they have a decent chance of hitting people.
As you become more adept and get more things, you can try your hands on getting a Limited Plasma Gun or Plasma Gun. Plasma Gun can be obtained with 3s in UC Garapon 2 (it's gachapon, but in-game currency), but Limited Plasma Gun is an arena reward at Big Green, so you'd be lucky to get it. These are like normal beam guns (not like wide), but they are... probably the best "free" beam guns in the game, in my opinion.

For LND, it all varies. I'm not a LND user, and the differences between LND bots are so huge, each one is practically unique in itself. OTL

ART starting out, usually any kind of explosive works. If you're S/M-ART, many people like the Mini Bazooka to start, pretty decent weapons. If you get lucky while questing in Arkantus, you might get a Micro Bazooka, which are better.

SUPs, whatever you like.

For PvP, it's pretty simple. Try not to die, so don't rambo in like Call of Duty. In CosmicBreak, kills mean less than damage if you care about score. Although you can very well go ahead and hunt down that dying enemy bot, you shouldn't try to run with it all the way to the enemy side that's loaded with five damn ARTs that are going to shoot your face off. Stick with your side and shoot down whoever decides to roam in.
Make sure to pay attention to your chat and radio messages. People spam **REPAIRING** for a reason, go back and heal if need be, do so even if you're at practically 80% health - it's really easy to get caught off-guard once and die the next second in this game.

Oh and although you're in an opposing union...
stay out of Epoch until you get used to the game (arena in general). Epoch's more of the... objective arena matches. People usually don't like having low-ranks and newbies in there simply because random number generator is horrible at selecting (though I haven't heard complaints as of late).

Brickgale RED is a pretty solid AIR bot. Make sure to use his boosters well, they give you an instant take-off, which is REALLY helpful for AIRs because you're on the ground less (which means life or death for AIRs most of the time). I believe his beam rifle/bayonet AM is good enough, which means you can put something like Viper Shield on his other AM if you want defense, or if you desire AIR-to-AIR combat, Mini Bazooka or another weapon if you feel so.

Edit: Good god I wrote more than I expected.

03-21-2011   #455 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

wow you mustve spent like 10 minutes writing out all that o_o

anyways look over this as well FunThing's tips to successful gameplay

was quite helpful to me when i started playing

03-21-2011   #456 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

1. Bazookas are good for ART, 8-Vulcan for LND, mini-zook/limited plasma gun for AIR. Micro-Bazooka for SUP.

-Bazookas u can get by buying a steel rider and then junking it. 8-vulcans are from any mob from random arcantus (it took me almost to the third outpost to find my first one though). Mini-zooks are from shop. Limited Plasma gun is from random arena drops. Micro Bazooka is from Gigandorf quest in missions.

-Moneywise, speed tuned titan/large zooks for ART. Raid or assault rifle is good for LND. Auto Beam Rifle for AIR. All of these are super easy to use.

2. In PvP, you shouldn't be another stupid idiot targetting a jikun. You should not prioritize hitting the enemy power spot over enemies. You should not be firepillaring, hurricaning your team mates. You should not feed like BoyTitan.

3. You're probably right about what TEC and TGH means but yea, tec = higher dmg for range weapons and tgh = lower dmg with consecutive shots as well as less stuns taken.

4. Brickgale RED is not as good as Blue imo. The only thing good that Red has is moving burst and the unique weapon (the beamrifle lance) isn't as useful as Blue's arm beam machine gun.

5. Until you reach like pentagon or something, please try to play in circle rooms, under 5 rooms, or shuffles if they are up.

Last edited by Seim; 03-21-2011 at 07:53 PM.

03-21-2011   #457 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Again, thx for all the advice, especially hexi's on the info for weapon :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
2. In PvP, you shouldn't be another stupid idiot targetting a jikun. You should not prioritize hitting the enemy power spot over enemies. You should not be firepillaring, hurricaning your team mates. You should not feed like BoyTitan.
Only thing I don't get this part, I searched the wiki and it told me jikun is LND type, I thought AIR is suppose to have advantage over it? What is it that make me shouldn't bother with it? high def? or some kinda of negative status effect?

03-21-2011   #458 (permalink)
Booger face
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
Again, thx for all the advice, especially hexi's on the info for weapon :3

Only thing I don't get this part, I searched the wiki and it told me jikun is LND type, I thought AIR is suppose to have advantage over it? What is it that make me shouldn't bother with it? high def? or some kinda of negative status effect?
When you play this game, you will ultimately find that some people lag like mofos (famous ones are tifa, kaikai, Gammy, etc etc) and some of these laggers will play jikuns. Now with lag and jikuns, super teleporting lag will be bound to happen. (You will find other kinds of bots doing the same thing but that's just to show how bad the player's lag is... teleporting lilly rain, teleporting crimroses,etcetc)

Please don't waste your time or ammo targetting these guys if you see 2-3 people scrambling around shooting him already. One of the reasons these jikuns live so long is because the enemy is all clumped up and shooting eachother with most of their shots instead of the jikun.

Also, please give the more known players ammo. Having not enough ammo has been one of my major problems and I know that noobs will often just hog it and never end up using it cause they won't use up their ammo before they die unlike these players (Neviriru, AdHoMiNeM, Syaton, Kampfer) =)

Edit: I also forgot BLASTBAZOOKA for ART is super easy to hit with and destroys air like nothing. However, the damage on other ARTs and LNDs are shit (50-60 on AIR, 10-19 on others). Blast Bazookas are garapon though so you will need money to get it.

Last edited by Seim; 03-21-2011 at 07:54 PM.

03-21-2011   #459 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Jikuns are infamous for being huge laggers, they teleport everywhere. Just never bother with it if you see it teleporting around.

03-21-2011   #460 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

I see...well I will try to avoid those then, if I can tell them apart~
(so far beside Lily Rain, all the moebots look the same to me, especially when I flew so high above them lolol)

And I think I'll stick to mainly AIR for now, trying out other later when I'm more used to the game maybe...