League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-22-2008   #1 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste
Smile Video game art exhibit greatly pleases 9/11 families.

Just kidding they're pissed

Spoiler!

[Insert witty remark here]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-22-2008   #2 (permalink)
[露丹恵瑠]
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Ontario [Yeah stalk me OHOHOHO]
Ronin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ronin
IGN: Show
Level: Your
Guild: Moves

Trolled in real life.

08-22-2008   #3 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

I don't get it. 9/11 victim families only seem to have a problem with stuff depicting 9/11 when they don't get money out of it. The Hollywood movie 9-11 was at least as distasteful as this.

08-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Baaawww QQ moar. Whats done is done, and ffs is ONLY A GD PIECE OF ART. I understand many people were hurt over 9/11, emotionally and all, and many more lost family/friends/etc, but seriously... you dont have to constantly overreact.

To be on a more serious side:

As heartless as I may sound, I dont find it healthy to continuously dwell on something that happened years ago. Getting upset over something like this isnt going to change anything, its not going to reverse that day, and most importantly, its not going to bring those people back :/

モノノ怪

08-22-2008   #5 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeil
Baaawww QQ moar. Whats done is done, and ffs is ONLY A GD PIECE OF ART. I understand many people were hurt over 9/11, emotionally and all, and many more lost family/friends/etc, but seriously... you dont have to constantly overreact.

To be on a more serious side:

As heartless as I may sound, I dont find it healthy to continuously dwell on something that happened years ago. Getting upset over something like this isnt going to change anything, its not going to reverse that day, and most importantly, its not going to bring those people back :/
thats what i was gonna say

08-22-2008   #6 (permalink)
Certified Stalker

Ildanach is on a distinguished road

Since when actually games supposed to be make sense?

08-23-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

HennaIkimono will become famous soon enough

Do you have a link to the download of this game, I'll play it.
Justice, Il 60458
Flat Lick, Ky 40935
Paint Lick Ky 40461
Flower Mound, Tx 75022
Cumming, Ga 30040
King of Prussia, Ga 19406

08-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

i think its different from those who were there or had family there.. than to those who didn't and only witnessed the event from afar. I do understand to some extent their reactions. I was in high school when it happened and several of my classmates lost family.. i would have lost my father if he wasn't rescheduled to not go to the center that day. So to see depictions of a spoof on a reenactment of the event that caused a lot of heartache.. some take it harder than others. Why is it you dont understand to that extent instead of just bashing on them for some "event" you tossed to your past?

I just try not to carry a heavy heart about it. The quote talked about its achievements in making its anniversary .. but a lot of people can't see past the obstacle of illustration from the anniversary presentation... like the saying.. Eyes before Ears.

Last edited by Tea; 08-23-2008 at 02:27 AM.

08-23-2008   #9 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I agree with Bloodveil on this one. No offense to anyone, but I just have 3 words. GET.OVER.IT. Ever since I read how American history books downplayed the number of victims of the Hiroshima bombing (most of which were civilians, some survived but with very horrible conditions), but oh so greatly emphasized the relatively less death count at Pearl Harbor, I've always had this mindset on how people will always baaaawwwwww that somethings can hurt them so much, but is oh so indifferent to the people they do the same thing to.

It's a game. GET.OVER.IT. You don't see Germans baaaawwwwing over WWII games where Americans kill them over and over and over and over. Oh and don't even get me started on Vietnam War games....

08-23-2008   #10 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

I thought Germany didn't believe in WWII.

SIESTA SISTERS~

08-23-2008   #11 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae

What do you mean Neli?

08-23-2008   #12 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
I agree with Bloodveil on this one. No offense to anyone, but I just have 3 words. GET.OVER.IT. Ever since I read how American history books downplayed the number of victims of the Hiroshima bombing (most of which were civilians, some survived but with very horrible conditions), but oh so greatly emphasized the relatively less death count at Pearl Harbor, I've always had this mindset on how people will always baaaawwwwww that somethings can hurt them so much, but is oh so indifferent to the people they do the same thing to.

It's a game. GET.OVER.IT. You don't see Germans baaaawwwwing over WWII games where Americans kill them over and over and over and over. Oh and don't even get me started on Vietnam War games....
all places do this. They boast their own country to make them look greater. Its text books written to give their country more leverage. I bet if you read text books from other places it will show you the same event but told from their side. Unless you do actual research to confirm its legality, people will believe what they read from school books. How much weight do you think an incident from a few years ago has to an incident of over 30+ years ago on todays society? .. to those who witnessed it, it holds a higher standard. Or those who are infatuated with world history or country pride. But we've all witnessed this unless you werent born yet.. but im sure you all were if you're reading this. lol;;

anywho, I wonder what they will do with the piece and/or person in question.

08-23-2008   #13 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
You don't see Germans baaaawwwwing over WWII games where Americans kill them over and over and over and over.
Yes you do. Germans whine about WWII games all the time.

08-23-2008   #14 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

@Tea

You're right. Recent incidents will hold more weight than incidents from long ago. But if you compare the death count, the incidents from long ago is much more tragic. However, what do people think about that now? The death count will not change, but the effect on it on people's hearts will. Speaking objectively, people got over it, and they should get over these not-so-recent one too.

Oh, a mistake on my part when I said "History Books". I meant those scholar-written research articles (I had to read a lot of them. Don't ask). Most of the American-written ones were quite biased, downplaying most of the incidents that showed that didn't work for them, but greatly exaggerating the relatively insignificant ones that did work (ex. The Tiger Planes). The ones written by historians from other countries though (Europe, China), were far less biased. Well, at least based on the ones I read (around 20+).

@Kumatora
But it still proves my point right? No matter how much they do complain, game developers won't stop making them. And those games are still generally accepted (especially in a certain country~), right?

08-24-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

ChaosReaper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumatora
Yes you do. Germans whine about WWII games all the time.
Not just WWII games, Rofl.

08-24-2008   #16 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

I hate that video. Its not even real, the whole thing was obviously planned.

モノノ怪