ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

View Poll Results: You want to be... (by classes)
Archer 6 18.75%
Berserker 2 6.25%
Lancer 9 28.13%
Mystic 1 3.13%
Priest 3 9.38%
Slayer 1 3.13%
Sorcerer 6 18.75%
Warrior 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-30-2013   #141 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
Racial skills - TERA Wiki

Slayers and Sorcs are great dps with cc, Lancer is the only real tank, and healer depends on group needs and skill.

Zerker, Archer, and Warriors can do well if you put time into them though.
How much time is 'time'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Castanics have 'dirty fighting' trait, which means they do more damage when they strike from behind. Aman have 'no stranger to pain' which gives them a defensive boost when their HP is low, and they have 'blood of dragons' which give them a resistance to DoTs. The high elf traits are generally only useful if you pick a magic class and even then they're not THAT useful; just mana regen ones. For the PvP server the human trait is pretty handy too - 'indomitable spirit', which is basically the same as the Aman's 'no stranger to pain' but for PvP.
I assume some races synergize better with some classes then from what I see from the wiki page?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-30-2013   #142 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
I assume some races synergize better with some classes then from what I see from the wiki page?
You could say that, but race traits really don't matter much at all. If you wanted to, you could make a loli Slayer and still be fine.

01-30-2013   #143 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloze
You could say that, but race traits really don't matter much at all. If you wanted to, you could make a loli Slayer and still be fine.
One crazy loli coming right up then. I guess it'll be my wtf char. And I'll figure out something for the other char slot unless I plan on paying for founder status. >_>;

01-30-2013   #144 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Yeah the thing is race traits don't make much difference for the most part. The only race whose traits make much difference for regular gameplay is the Aman, and if you've actually logged in and played a bit you'll know that nobody plays them. Additionally, every race runs at the same speed so it's really mostly a preference thing. Just know that a few people will claim to be playing Elin solely because the hitbox is smaller but that's just a boldfaced lie. They just want the loli with the thighs.

And 'time' is class dependent. For most it's going to take like 30 levels before you've got enough skills to hold down a solid combo, and it's going to take like level 50 before you've even got most of your skills, and the final skills tend to be some of the more important ones too :v

And the best thing you can do is test classes to like level 10 or so just to see if you like the gameplay. Granted, things are going to change a LOT between 10 and 60 but if you can't even get into the early gameplay with a certain class, it's not going to get much better.

01-30-2013   #145 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

I tried it after being pestered by a few people...it was pretty fun and funny at the same time.

Went with a Castanic Mystic. Got utterly annoyed at the short distances the skills went. Took me a while to figure out how to effectively use the two AoE skills + teleport to avoid monsters within that short range.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

01-31-2013   #146 (permalink)
Mind's Eye
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsDragon NestTrickster Online
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Zeke will become famous soon enoughZeke will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via MSN to Zeke
IGN: Azel
Class: Blind Man
Level: xx

Mystic is one of the harder classes to level, but their buffs are god tier at end game. Also remember to apply to Casuals if you're looking for a guild on MT or just post here I guess.

In other news, if you're looking to get founders status: Amazon.com: Tera Online: Video Games

Tera is now 50% on amazon fro about 10 dollars. Have fun

01-31-2013   #147 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Elins are the best race. :>

Spoiler!

01-31-2013   #148 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
Elins are the best race. :>

Spoiler!
Censoring your name, step up BroSlow!

01-31-2013   #149 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

so like i bought the copy on amazon today and i dont know how to link my account to amazon e.e i followed this thing
Official En Masse Entertainment Support Site

but i cant seem to find a button to link accounts in my game and software library. i entered the product code i got and it says i have a standard version, does it change to founder after it goes free or do i have to link it first?

halp please :c

01-31-2013   #150 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Yeah, Standard account is fine. That's what it says for me. As long as you can make more than 2 characters, it worked.

02-01-2013   #151 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute

ok then, thankies buta /o/

02-02-2013   #152 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar

5cdf5e4f2c015c582367330e64d9eb68.png
0b453526a226ccb516f5084d4201f875.png
c609bd09b7a6ba62449fc974464cdfaa.png
501a1343780ff73cb8d29d7ce9be4e49.png
df2e6fe0b133577c23d181d7268fb5bb.png
d7f53be931df66c933969f09face10fa.png

Screenshot cluster.

/ / / Playing: DM

02-02-2013   #153 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-n...erver-transfer

Server transfers between PvP and PvE servers now confirmed. I can bring back my lovely 47 elin warrior.

Can't get eyepatch anymore so I'm ecstatic. Plus I missed this character so much LOL.

02-03-2013   #154 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

The UI looks so crowded. I wanna try this game but the UI turns me off.

02-03-2013   #155 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the same about the UI but it's actually not that crowded. It's just a lot of the images they're posting is zoomed in close. Once you zoom out to a normal wide view, there's a lot of clicking space.

You can hide certain things if you wanted. Your choice on how you want it done.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

02-03-2013   #156 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacan
The UI looks so crowded.
I guess you don't play MMOs because the UI is pretty much the same as every MMO. Health/mana bars, minimap, chat panel, skill bars, buffs/debuffs, quest tracker and optional larger map.

Last edited by Metty; 02-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.

02-03-2013   #157 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

sanichi, you are the epitome of all that is ugly in default elins. please die

02-03-2013   #158 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacan
The UI looks so crowded. I wanna try this game but the UI turns me off.
Yeah the UI is just a huge eyesore. The chat box is just so bulky, and I hate how big the minimap is on the side of the screen. Luckily, there's a UI Scale feature. Especially if you're playing on bigger resolutions, the UI scaler scaled down quite a bit (and then just change the font sizes) makes the game a lot better-looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper
I thought the same about the UI but it's actually not that crowded. It's just a lot of the images they're posting is zoomed in close. Once you zoom out to a normal wide view, there's a lot of clicking space.

You can hide certain things if you wanted. Your choice on how you want it done.
You don't even need clicking space, lol.

I do hate the font, though. And I want to move my HP/Mana bars towards the middle of my screen. After months of playing WoW with my "vitals" moved to the center of my screen, I'm just more conscious of how I'm playing if all the info is right in front of me rather than off to the side.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 02-03-2013 at 03:01 PM.

02-03-2013   #159 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

You can't tell me they designed an MMO where you can't move unit frames? Because that'll be an instant turn off.

Like, your health/your targets health, target of target, all should be center stage where your attention is focused. Like there's no reason to want it in a corner ever imo.

;0; Less motivation to play if the unit frames are not movable.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

02-03-2013   #160 (permalink)
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
You don't even need clicking space, lol.
I need my clicking space! Only because I like spamming skills all over the place for no reason.