ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

View Poll Results: You want to be... (by classes)
Archer 6 18.75%
Berserker 2 6.25%
Lancer 9 28.13%
Mystic 1 3.13%
Priest 3 9.38%
Slayer 1 3.13%
Sorcerer 6 18.75%
Warrior 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-04-2012   #81 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

So...do you have to get a different code for every CBT? Or do I use the same one from CBT 4?

/confused

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-04-2012   #82 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

People who were already in the CBT don't need new codes. The codes that RK is talking about were codes to invite friends. I also have 3 CBT codes to distribute. :v

04-04-2012   #83 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
People who were already in the CBT don't need new codes. The codes that RK is talking about were codes to invite friends. I also have 3 CBT codes to distribute. :v
You sure about that? To my knowledge you still need codes for the next CBT even if you were in the previous beta. The only way to stay in beta and keep your progress is to pre-order.

04-04-2012   #84 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firzin
You sure about that? To my knowledge you still need codes for the next CBT even if you were in the previous beta. The only way to stay in beta and keep your progress is to pre-order.
Staying in beta is different from staying in beta and keeping your progress. As far as I know, once you get into one beta, you're allowed into all the betas. However, your beta character(s) will only keep the progress that you made if you pre-ordered the game.

04-04-2012   #85 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

pretty sure you will require a new code for each beta phase, unless you have the pre-order code. i had to use a code for my first and second betas. en masse even sent me a single code via email to use for myself in this last CB

04-04-2012   #86 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I guess if that's how it worked for you. If anyone wants one of my 3 friend codes, go ahead and drop me a PM or a visitor message. First come first serve.

04-08-2012   #87 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

NFA confirmed for best guild lol

"Stylish is the best TERA player ever. Period." -Wall.O.Pain - YouTube

04-08-2012   #88 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

Well I remembered today about the CBT lawl, tried out all the classes to about level 4ish, then Priest made it fun

Got him to level 10 and was rushing through story quests since it closes in a few hours, not knowing you had to get to level 11 to get out of the starting area Oh well....it was fun, but definitely not something I am willing to pay for...I don't see much difference between this and pretty much any other mmo out there ._.;

I will give them credit for making the Priest pretty much a tank with those heals though

04-08-2012   #89 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
Well I remembered today about the CBT lawl, tried out all the classes to about level 4ish, then Priest made it fun

Got him to level 10 and was rushing through story quests since it closes in a few hours, not knowing you had to get to level 11 to get out of the starting area Oh well....it was fun, but definitely not something I am willing to pay for...I don't see much difference between this and pretty much any other mmo out there ._.;

I will give them credit for making the Priest pretty much a tank with those heals though
You're...going to judge a game when you didn't even get past its tutorial area...?

04-08-2012   #90 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Quote:

You're...going to judge a game when you didn't even get past its tutorial area...?
The game doesn't even really get started until past level 11. It's really a stellar game, too.

04-08-2012   #91 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Well if you would like to pay the subscription for me I'd be glad to get past the tutorial area

But honestly it just felt like: accept quest, go find monster/item, left/right click, push 1/2/3, go turn quest in, repeat.

I had to solo the "boss" in the tutorial area and all I did was walk around him and left click till he died...

What else changes after the starting area?

04-08-2012   #92 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if you would like to pay the subscription for me I'd be glad to get past the tutorial area

But honestly it just felt like: accept quest, go find monster/item, left/right click, push 1/2/3, go turn quest in, repeat.

I had to solo the "boss" in the tutorial area and all I did was walk around him and left click till he died...

What else changes after the starting area?
You can actually die for starters.
PvP
Group PvP
GvG
BAMs
Dungeons
Political System

Questing does blow ass tho, I'll give you that.

04-08-2012   #93 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Ahhhh havent seen GvG in quite a while.

As long as you guys like it, I'm happy for you! I think i only got lured in because of the pretty graphics ~ haha. At least its not another copy&paste/ cookiecutter game like a lot of them are now a days.

04-08-2012   #94 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

i think playing with other ppl also helps a lot on the fun factor (but i suppose that applies to most games lol)

when i played my first CB it was solo and then i played second with a friend. it was 10x better lol also was priest so didnt have to use those crappy bandages so that made a big difference =P

04-13-2012   #95 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Welp, got my character name reserved, ready for next week.

04-13-2012   #96 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Join a guild and do this. Final destination. No items. Heaven or hell. Duel final.

LET'S ROCK!

Eureka! I've found it! Chaos!

/ / / Playing: DM

04-14-2012   #97 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Glad I made mine in time.

04-14-2012   #98 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Valley of Titans is where pretty much everyone is rolling. All the big communities are there too. Reddit is the only one not going on Valley of Titans.

04-14-2012   #99 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I went to Dragonfall, that's where I was for the CBTs also. :v

04-14-2012   #100 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

I made early char named it Lumiere. Tried using the name Hero, already used.

Last edited by Faith; 04-14-2012 at 03:16 PM.