ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

View Poll Results: You want to be... (by classes)
Archer 6 18.75%
Berserker 2 6.25%
Lancer 9 28.13%
Mystic 1 3.13%
Priest 3 9.38%
Slayer 1 3.13%
Sorcerer 6 18.75%
Warrior 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-23-2010   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineRose Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Hineko / LadySephira
Level: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Sure, the graphics look nice and all, but is there anything more to it besides hack-n-slash?
You can fly on pegasus = YouTube - TERA online 2nd CBT - Pegasus travel
& there are emotes/dance emotes
and the rest...... I don't know yet since I'm not playing the CBT.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-23-2010   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineRose Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Snow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond reputeSnow has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Hineko / LadySephira
Level: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
This video doesn't get me excited at all...
So what if it has awesome graphic? Any other new generation MMOs that are out or developing have it too...

To be honest even when the video is showing all sort of classes, all I see if everyone single one of them is doing the same thing - hack & slash -_-

EDIT: Compared to this, Nexon's Vindictus seems much better

01-12-2012   #23 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

NECRO POST.

TERA Beta Sign-Up | TERA - True Action Combat

C/OBT sign ups are up for the english version.

Also there's 3 threads on TERA, someone merge them.

01-12-2012   #24 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

Next generation? Show me a game that's like ./HACK (the anime), then that will be next generation. o;

01-12-2012   #25 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

They spent a load of money and time on this project. Supposedly many improvements will be made over the korean version which had no endgame(?). Been keeping my eye on it for awhile and I hope to get into CB. :>

01-13-2012   #26 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMewmew
Next generation? Show me a game that's like ./HACK (the anime), then that will be next generation. o;
waiting for this also ;___;
I WANT TO GO VIRTUAL LIFE GAMING MODE!
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

01-14-2012   #27 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

This looks cool. Signed up.

01-15-2012   #28 (permalink)
gah lol
Special
Games
MabinogiDragon NestTrickster Online

AnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to AnnabelleMarie
IGN: Annabelle/AnnabelleMarie

signed up too

My Steam ID - My Facebook
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0049-4799
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Aerielly, Town Totoro

01-16-2012   #29 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Techer | Force | Bouncer | Fighter 75 lu_eir

Signed up for the lolis AWESOME MMO ACTION.

01-17-2012   #30 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

I'll just vote Lancer.

Always wanted to try one outside of Monster Hunter.

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

01-25-2012   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Tiane is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Tiane
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: 2xx

People should ignore the comments at the top of this thread. Bluehole has revealed alot more about the game since that was posted and this game looks totally amazing. I already pre-ordered.
Pr 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Pr 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Pr 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

02-01-2012   #32 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Beta Test times announced.

Closed Beta Test 1: February 10 – 12
Closed Beta Test 2: February 24 – 26
Closed Beta Test 3: March 9 – 11
Closed Beta Test 4: March 23 – 25
Closed Beta Test 5: April 6 – 8
Open Beta Test: April 19 – 22
Head Start: April 28 – May 1

You need to be randomly chosen (if you applied to be a tester on their site) to get in or get a key from an event. Alternatively, if you pre-order which is available now, you gain access to all of them with some other bonuses.

Pre-order - TERA

Also the Betas will not have any NDAs.

02-01-2012   #33 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Requires 30GB of hard drive space. I'm gonna have to think about it LOL.

02-02-2012   #34 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

I have a bunch of beta keys for the sneak peak beta event of TERA EU.

News - Tera Europe

It starts this weekend. PM me for a key if you want to give it a go.

02-08-2012   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

This needs a new thread since this one is so old. Also, NOOOOOOO Roflknife. Why must you be EU!

I wanted to get together with people from these forums ._.

Second thought as of posting this. Going to make a new thread.
Pr 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Pr 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Pr 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

02-08-2012   #36 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

i thought RK was NA, that was just a quick playtest that just happened to be on EU

02-08-2012   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Default TERA - The Exiled Realm of Arborea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
i thought RK was NA, that was just a quick playtest that just happened to be on EU
Yey.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Alright, new info out around it. For starters, its scheduled release is in 3 months on May 1st 2012.

This game is absolutely breathtaking. You have not seen a game thus far with such beauty. From the characters, to the monsters, to the spells, to the environment, everything visually will entrance you and bring you into this world.

Alright, TERA online is a 3D 3rd person MMORPG featuring 7 playable races with 8 playable classes. There is no multiple factions in this game, so everyone can speak with everyone, and pvp will be dependent on the server you're on, and your willingness to accept combat.

This game has quite a few features that make it stand out. Amongst them, the top 2 are its combat system, and its political system.

It's combat is exactly what they call it "real action combat", meaning if you don't actually jump out of the way of an attack, you're going to get hit. If you don't hit that block button, you will not block. It has an aiming system that will put a reticle in the center of your screen, and wherever that reticle points, is where your attacks go. Gone are the days of tab targeting and your attacks automatically hitting your targets. This is a truly skill based game.

Second on its highlight list, is it's political system. For the short of it, basically, players control territories inside the countries of the game. You can rule these territories through justice, or tyranny. Leaders have the heavy task of controlling taxes, shops that are open/closed, and so on. They also have to undergo daunting tasks in order to rack up enough points to continue being the leader. It's like the saying goes, with power comes responsibility.

Tera is a PC only game that will give you the option of using a keyboard and mouse, playstation 3 controller, or xbox 360 controller if you should so choose.

They are about to do a beta test this weekend, followed bi-weekly until release afterwards.
Closed Beta Test 1: February 10 – 12
Closed Beta Test 2: February 24 – 26
Closed Beta Test 3: March 9 – 11
Closed Beta Test 4: March 23 – 25
Closed Beta Test 5: April 6 – 8
Open Beta Test: April 19 – 22
Head Start: April 28 – May 1

Pre-order bonuses are:
En Masse exclusive White Stallion Mount
Bonus Equippable Items
Lvl 10 City Wheel Earrings and Lvl 35 Seren's Sand Ring
Access to all Beta Tests
Includes retention of character progress throughout all betas
Early Name Reservation
Create a character and reserve your name before launch
Head Start
Servers open April 28th for pre-order accounts

You can get in on all the beta tests for sure right now by pre-ordering.
You also have a chance at getting in on some of the betas by going TERA Beta Sign-Up - TERA and simply putting in your email address to possibly have a code sent to you.

My suggestion for those who are capable of affording $5, is go to gamestop and put down a pre-order for it to receive a beta code and get to test out the game. You can decide here whether or not you want the game, without having to pay full price on it.

Otherwise you can pre-order the full digital download by going to En Masse Entertainment Store - Welcome

I'll post up some video's that I'm sure will appear starting this weekend. Keep your eye's peeled folks. This game is going to be awesome.

Last edited by LaTale; 02-08-2012 at 05:14 PM.

02-08-2012   #38 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

None of that is new news.

Thoughts on the EU "sneak peak" test so far:

Bloody great. The engine is pretty efficient, many computers should be able to play this. It'll also support extremely high end rigs. And my god, does stuff look great. Provided screenshots are with forced AA (about 8x), maxed settings. Note though, that there appears to be a high-res patch and some of the more advanced graphic settings seemed to be locked. Even putting technical worth aside, the art style is fantastic.

Combat is nice. It's not completely seamless, but close enough. There's collision detection, and mobs don't all do that stupid thing where they all aggro you and attack you just for passing by. Quests are pretty standard, with an above average quest here and there. Very polished game. Seems very good so far. Will get into the political system and stuff in the NA CBTs.

02-08-2012   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

I think it's pretty fun so far, I'm only level 18, but I'm enjoying it. Kind of brings back to how I enjoyed Aion. Just hoping Tera will end up with better endgame.

I like the "money@money" thing when you expand your inventory... Doesn't tell you how much you need >_>

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

02-09-2012   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Yeah I know its not new news. I had made a new thread but it got merged. This thread is too old and the top comments are too negative to really attract many new players. Not many people are going to take into account the post date, they'll just see that everyone above doesn't like it and then close the thread.

We REALLY need an updated thread to be fair to the game, and give players a new sense of what's really happening with the game, and how it plays.