ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Final Fantasy XI Boss Take a day to beat. Stupid people pass out while fighting. (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/7339-final-fantasy-xi-boss-take-day-beat-stupid-people-pass-out-while-fighting.html)

MsSquid 08-20-2008 02:48 PM

Final Fantasy XI Boss Take a day to beat. Stupid people pass out while fighting.

New game enemy takes a solid day to defeat - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games
Spoiler!

Finally a game with boss fights as long and repetitive as Maple Story's.

Ronin 08-20-2008 04:47 PM

Lol wow this just brightened my day, thank you sausage.

Kowiz 08-20-2008 04:51 PM

What they should do, is take shifts

half the people fight in the day, other half fights at night

\o/

Zegridathes 08-20-2008 04:57 PM

Isn't there/Isn't there going to be bosses like this in mapal storee?

Kusuriuri 08-20-2008 04:59 PM

Uh, lol. Thats not even fun IMO, if I have to waste a whole day on one boss. To me, it just becomes repetitive, boring and 'lol screw this *Leaves*'

John 08-20-2008 05:06 PM

thats not a challenge!thats hell!!
they should make a really hard boss so you need 100+ to kill it,but this is crazy lol,i would quit within the first 2 hours

Pico 08-20-2008 05:47 PM

I don't know how the boss system works in FFXI but...
Wouldn't it be more ideal to have more than one guild going after the boss?
Surely having more than one guild would be quicker to take it down.
This news just makes me want to try FFXI... :V

RoflKnife 08-20-2008 05:59 PM

How2killimpossibleboss?

Hack. LOL.

This was already posted on the MMOSITE news bot D=...

Nanaya 08-20-2008 06:14 PM

So, does it drop anything nice?

Kotarou 08-20-2008 07:21 PM

I read the articles earlier - the players weren't expecting to play to 18 hours long - they were only expecting a 8-10 hour marathon run.

As they killed form after form they got excited and kept telling themselves "It's gonna end soon!" and kept going... until they reached the apparent "Final Form" that they wailed down to 75% HP after 30 MINUTES of gameplay, and then summoned a bunch of mobs that pretty much wiped the floor with them.

They tried again, and got wiped again, and finally gave up.

Cornflake 08-20-2008 07:21 PM

If a boss takes much over half an hour to beat it's probably not worth the time, least that's how I look at it. Kudos to that guild for lasting 18 hours, I wonder if they wore diapers.

Tenelax 08-20-2008 07:54 PM

They ask their mom when they need to go..... Like Cartman ._.

Those are crazy! 18 hour :O I know some people that would die for that! That's just... not human :O I don't think humans were created to do that ._. and absolutely not to create that T_T.

ATXAlchemy 08-20-2008 07:54 PM

The boss did not remain perfectly fit. Boss changed into 20 different forms. It wasn't impossible to kill. Failing Yahoo is failing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by From Megagames
We've all encountered lengthy RPG boss fights that lasted for more than an hour or two, but an 18 hours long MMORPG boss fight might be a little too much.

The fight took place in Final Fantasy XI, where "Beyond The Limitation" guild fought a new boss, Pandemonium Warden, who changed into 20 different forms through 18 fighting hours before the band finally gave up.

"People were passing out and getting physically ill. We decided to end it before we risked turning into a horrible new story about how videogames ruin people's lives", said one of the guild members called Sylphet. "None of us doubt that Pandemonium Warden can be killed. We just call into question exactly what the development team thinks is reasonable from human beings."

Keep in mind that those 18 hours weren't enough to finish the fight. Beyond The Limitation guild members believe that at least another 3 to 5 hours are needed to kill Pandemonium Warden.

But yeah, ridiculously long fight is ridiculous.

KuroKoden 08-20-2008 08:29 PM

Damn if only they coulda held out a little longer!

khyle 08-20-2008 08:41 PM

Guilds should organized a great invasion on the warden's lair

they probably cant kill the boss since it fully heals itself before dealing enough damage :py01:

Good bait for crazy-ass gamers
would probably suck to see this in trickster though XD

Ildanach 08-20-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaya (Post 117418)
So, does it drop anything nice?

Yes, a message that said: "Congratulations, now go and get a life."

Dread 08-20-2008 09:00 PM

Yeah a TO boss that would last more then an hour...

Coffee 08-21-2008 11:05 AM

Why can't game devlopers be smart and make a boss that do zomgwtfhaxdmg but not take 1 day to kill .____. 2 hours would be fine as long as it wipes out entire armies of people trying to kill it <_>

ATXAlchemy 08-24-2008 10:22 PM

LOL, a friend told me that to in order to fight Pandemonium, you need to fight Hydra, Cerberus, Khimaira to get their seals. To get their seals, you need to kill shtloads of monsters and get their seals. And to fight these shitload of monsters, you have to fight even more shitloads of monsters and get their seals.

Pandemonium will get nerfed next patched it seems.