ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Which console do you prefer?
Xbox 360 3 13.64%
Playstation 3 8 36.36%
Wii 8 36.36%
Vindicta™'s Watermelon 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-19-2008   #1 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold
Default War of The Consoles

At a recent check, sales of Nintendo's Wii jumped by 600k units, totaling about 2.2M units sold altogether, on par with Microsoft's Xbox 360. This was considered a remarkable feat, as the Wii came in 1 and a half years after the launch of the 360.

Open for discussion. Views & opinions please.

=)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-19-2008   #2 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

I want Blu-ray PS3 :c

06-19-2008   #3 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Bouncer 75 | Fighter 71 lu_eir

Wii may be winning for now, but I think the PS3 will overtake the market soon.

But then again, Vesperia is coming out for the X360... no matter, FF13 is more than likely to make PS3 sales jump~

06-19-2008   #4 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
Wii may be winning for now, but I think the PS3 will overtake the market soon.

But then again, Vesperia is coming out for the X360... no matter, FF13 is more than likely to make PS3 sales jump~
Not really. The Force Unleashed for Wii is going to make a big impact. Your Wii remote is your lightsaber, how cool can that be?

06-19-2008   #5 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

well it's no surprise that wii are selling especially since people who aren't into games generally are buying em too AND it's cheaper.

i vote 360 though.

06-19-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Zodiark is on a distinguished road

PS3> all other consoles

06-19-2008   #7 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

I would say the Wii due to the innovation and "calm gaming" lifestyle it brings.

PS3 will probably pick up the pace since Blu-Ray won the Blu Ray vs. HDDVD War.

However, I'm still keen on my PC...I like to manually upgrade?? lol

06-19-2008   #8 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

Watermelon > All.

DON'T DENY THE POWER OF THE WATERMELON! ITS RED AND GREEN! WHAT OTHER FOOD IS RED AND GREEN AT THE SAME TIME NATURALLY?

06-19-2008   #9 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

The Wii will do fine for a long while. Like past Nintendo creations, it has a lot of casual gaming games. I personally like it more than a XBOX 360 or PS3. And plus, I believe the cost for a Wii has dropped some. Has the PS3 dropped any? I don't really think so. I think it's still at 500$.
I doubt parents will shell out 550$+ just so their kid can play one game. Unless they're spoiled rotten.

06-19-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

HennaIkimono will become famous soon enough

I vote Wii do fine because of as said the larger and more casual demographic it targets (and thats the only "new" generation console system I own). Plus, the Wii system and games like Mario Kart Wii that comes with the wheel are just plain hard to find.

Out of the other two, I see Xbox 360 doing alright , out of the fact that is the only one of the other systems that I've played, none of my friends have a PS3 so all I can tell about it comes from news article and others opinions. Even thru as said, the winning of the Blue-ray in the next gen. DVD war makes might be bring up PS3's appeal (some Blue-ray DVD players cost almost as much as the PS3 itself).

Momijii- there is a $400, 40 gig PS3 that has been out for a while, but its also not PS2 backwards comparable, only 2 USB ports, etc.
Justice, Il 60458
Flat Lick, Ky 40935
Paint Lick Ky 40461
Flower Mound, Tx 75022
Cumming, Ga 30040
King of Prussia, Ga 19406

Last edited by HennaIkimono; 06-19-2008 at 08:57 AM.

06-19-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Trimalchio is on a distinguished road

I prefer my Xbox 360 for now but once FF13 comes out I'll buy myself a PS3 and MGS4 as well. No other games appeal to me right now on the PS3. Everything on it is pretty weak right now.

06-19-2008   #12 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Honestly, where can someone find a wii? They may have shipped more out, but I still can't ffind any. PS3 are everywhere, I know plenty of people that own them too. It may just be for a few games, but more will come @_@:;

06-19-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

PS3 ftw
Wii games are boring in my opinion...the only ones that is not is Mario Kart and Fire Emblem.

06-19-2008   #14 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

@khmer, iknorite. I can go to just about any store in my area and easily find a PS3 and/or Xbox360. Wii? LOLOLOLOL.

@Leenalia, as with anything, its all a matter of personal opinion. Its quite the opposite for me, theres like.. 1 game on the 360 Im interested in, a couple on PS3? So it doesnt make those consoles worth my money .__.; Lmao.

モノノ怪

06-19-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

Honestly I don't really like any consoles. Only reason I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 is because of Halo 3 and Final fantasy games. Other than that, consoles are teh lose.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

06-19-2008   #16 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough

Lol, you don't like MGS 4 Nick? How about Resistance, COD, and SOCOM?!?!

06-19-2008   #17 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

*was playing Tekken 6* Sony always win due to wider game selections and FF lulz.

did I mention the PS3 is the shiniest out of them all 8D?

06-19-2008   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5
Lol, you don't like MGS 4 Nick? How about Resistance, COD, and SOCOM?!?!
MGS 4 is alright, but was never into the MGS series. Never tried Resistance, never liked SOCOM and CoD as in Call of Duty? I play those for 360 and PC.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
Steam Account - doobie15

06-19-2008   #19 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Lol, what games are you interested in? I assume RPGs, but that's an assumption @_@:;

06-19-2008   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5
Lol, what games are you interested in? I assume RPGs, but that's an assumption @_@:;
Yeah, mainly RPGs and online FPS games. But I hate most FPS games on consoles, just doesn't feel the same without a mouse/keyboard.

Steam Account - doobie15