ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-09-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Hayaka will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Hayaka Send a message via MSN to Hayaka
IGN: Hayaka/SaibaBabe
Class: Soul Master/Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 210/215
Guild: Currently looking for a guild if possible ;/
Default Recommend me some good RPGs for the DS?

These are the RPGs that i have so far:
Children of Mana
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time

Is there any other good ones that i should get?

Please don't say Disgaea as i found that VERY CONFUSING and don't understand crap about it >_<; Those types of RPGs like Disgaea is something that i don't like all because i really don't understand it...

Oh yeah, i use to have FF III, but i couldn't understand that one at all either; so i gave that away (No these aren't Japanese, they are English and still can't understand the gameplay of it) D:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I would go with Mario and Luigi Games, Since its a simple game to play with. As for Sonic, Regardless I didnt play this I heard it got mixed reviews, So I guess you can borrow it from a friend or rent it xD.

Oh yea I forgot about Pokemon xD. That game will keep you working for months.

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

11-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Let's see see see..
Chrono Trigger [Great game. Has extra stuff from the original SNES game]
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
Pokemon
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga [Lots of fanservice. Boobs everywhere]

You can check the RPG section in this link:
Nintendo DS - /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki

11-09-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarted
Let's see see see..
Chrono Trigger [Great game. Has extra stuff from the original SNES game]
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
Pokemon
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga [Lots of fanservice. Boobs everywhere]

You can check the RPG section in this link:
Nintendo DS - /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki
Can i laugh at your username? XD; LOL!

Anyways:
Chrono Trigger <-- Will check that one out
Shin Megami Tensei <--Never heard of it and not sure if my stores carry it
Pokemon <-- Depends... last Pokemon game i bought; i got very bored of it
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga <-- Fanservice? No Thanks

Thanks for the link tho x3

Oh and i can't order online: Don't own a credit card nor paypal and my mom's credit card company doesn't allow ordering from online sites. Sorry...

11-09-2009   #5 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Can your DS play GBA games? If so, you definitely want the first Mario and Luigi, the Golden Sun series, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. :3 Yes, I consider Zelda games RPGs. They just happen to be adventures, too. :3

EDIT: What confused you about FFIII DS? You may not like Chrono Trigger if you couldn't get into FFIII. They're made by the same company, Square-Enix, and while they're a little different, they have very similar qualities. (Chrono Trigger is my second favorite game of all time, BTW. :3)

11-09-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Can your DS play GBA games? If so, you definitely want the first Mario and Luigi, the Golden Sun series, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. :3 Yes, I consider Zelda games RPGs. They just happen to be adventures, too. :3

EDIT: What confused you about FFIII DS? You may not like Chrono Trigger if you couldn't get into FFIII. They're made by the same company, Square-Enix, and while they're a little different, they have very similar qualities. (Chrono Trigger is my second favorite game of all time, BTW. :3)
Yes, i have the Original DS with me.

Problem with the confusion on FFIII DS is because i keep getting lost and i keep dying... so i don't know on what the heck i was suppose to do or where to go >_<; I never played a Final Fantasy game before... last one i played when i was living with my ex-bf but that was FFVIII on the PS ._.; Even with that game; i still get lost...

I don't WANT to be getting lost, sometimes GameFAQs doesn't always requires the steps i need to take D:

I have the first Mario & Luigi and i have Zelda: The Minish Cap. People have been mentioning that Golden Sun is a very good RPG and so i probly will get that one

11-09-2009   #7 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Nostalgia was a pretty good game.

11-09-2009   #8 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayaka
Problem with the confusion on FFIII DS is because i keep getting lost and i keep dying... so i don't know on what the heck i was suppose to do or where to go >_<; I never played a Final Fantasy game before... last one i played when i was living with my ex-bf but that was FFVIII on the PS ._.; Even with that game; i still get lost...

I don't WANT to be getting lost, sometimes GameFAQs doesn't always requires the steps i need to take D:

I have the first Mario & Luigi and i have Zelda: The Minish Cap. People have been mentioning that Golden Sun is a very good RPG and so i probly will get that one
Okay, you need to stay away from Final Fantasies and other Square-Enix RPGs, then. XD Golden Sun may not be for you, either. It seems you like linear based RPGs that go through in a stage-by-stage format, rather than giving you the ability to free roam and go through the game in a non-linear style. Every Final Fantasy (and Chrono Trigger) are non-linear, and you'll be exploring that world map a whole lot, trying to discover your next objective. Golden Sun has two huge world maps, as well, so you probably won't like them very much..

Hmm... You'll like Castlevania, it's non-linear but still has a "stage-by-stage" style that will guide you through your objectives. It's a bit gory though, so if you're not into that, be careful. XD

11-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Okay, you need to stay away from Final Fantasies and other Square-Enix RPGs, then. XD Golden Sun may not be for you, either. It seems you like linear based RPGs that go through in a stage-by-stage format, rather than giving you the ability to free roam and go through the game in a non-linear style. Every Final Fantasy (and Chrono Trigger) are non-linear, and you'll be exploring that world map a whole lot, trying to discover your next objective. Golden Sun has two huge world maps, as well, so you probably won't like them very much..

Hmm... You'll like Castlevania, it's non-linear but still has a "stage-by-stage" style that will guide you through your objectives. It's a bit gory though, so if you're not into that, be careful. XD
XD; yeah, it seems i like linear games, i just know lots of RPGs have different types of RPGs, but wait... Children of Mana is from Square-Enix and i have no problems on that game O-o; is that one stage by stage yet it's still non-linear? It's giving me clues on where to go whenever i talk to people on the game ^_^;

Last edited by Hayaka; 11-09-2009 at 03:20 PM.

11-09-2009   #10 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Final Fantasy Tactics A2
It's a Final Fantasy game, but there's a lot less moving, and the world is smaller.

11-09-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
It's a Final Fantasy game, but there's a lot less moving, and the world is smaller.
I'll look into that one o-o; Wow, so many RPGs to choose from, but kinda like what SOC said; I'm more into linear based RPG games :P

11-09-2009   #12 (permalink)
Symphony's Pedobear
Special
Games
Kingdom of Loathing

Astenhof is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Astenhof Send a message via MSN to Astenhof
IGN: Lazlo, Astenhof Karinnean
Class: Chanter, Pugilist (10)
Level: 30, 13
Guild: Burning Angels, (Forgot the game ):)

If you like dungeon crawlers, then look into Etrian Odyssey 2. Its got a huge amount of customizability, it will steal your soul and eat it. The only real problem with it, is that it is unforgivingly hard. You will not have a nice easy time simply beating this game ;-;

DFO: Astenhof 35 Soulbender, DoomPig 14 (going mechanic)

11-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

Man, why has no one but me played Soma Bringer, orz.

Nice RPG, but since there's no localization, you're stuck with *cough* patching *cough*.

11-09-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
Man, why has no one but me played Soma Bringer, orz.

Nice RPG, but since there's no localization, you're stuck with *cough* patching *cough*.
That's a game i never heard of o.o; Maybe i should check it out, but not sure if i want to play that :P

11-09-2009   #15 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

Quote:
XD; yeah, it seems i like linear games, i just know lots of RPGs have different types of RPGs, but wait... Children of Mana is from Square-Enix and i have no problems on that game O-o; is that one stage by stage yet it's still non-linear? It's giving me clues on where to go whenever i talk to people on the game ^_^;
Many NPCs will tell you where you should be going next in almost any FF. XD Children of Mana is a Square-Enix game too, you know. :P I never played Children of Mana, but I have played Secret of Mana and Seiken Denestsu 3, as well as Final Fantasy Adventure (and Sword of Mana), so I don't know how it works. I just thought it was a rather stage-based game from what I read/heard. XD

Quote:
I'll look into that one o-o; Wow, so many RPGs to choose from, but kinda like what SOC said; I'm more into linear based RPG games :P
FFTA2 is amazing, and it's very linear and straightforward, so you will like it if you like that kind of gameplay/style. (Strategy RPG) But you'll want to get Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on the GBA first for storyline purposes!

11-09-2009   #16 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Quote:
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga <-- Fanservice? No Thanks
Gets pretty awesome at times though. Epic stuff happens near the end. And the story has pretty hilarious moments dealing with fanservice, but it doesn't abandon storylines completely.

| Adventus |

11-09-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent
Gets pretty awesome at times though. Epic stuff happens near the end. And the story has pretty hilarious moments dealing with fanservice, but it doesn't abandon storylines completely.
I'll check the malls by then to see if they have it in stock ^_^; If it's something to order from online; then that's pretty much out of the question =P

@SOC: Thanks, i will get the GBA one first before getting the DS one... Wow i have a long list of games to get LOLZ ^_^;

11-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

One thing I like the most about Soma is that there's a LOGBOOK that tells you where to go next, in case you saved in a dungeon and forget about the game for a few days... then you can just refer to the book.

11-09-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
One thing I like the most about Soma is that there's a LOGBOOK that tells you where to go next, in case you saved in a dungeon and forget about the game for a few days... then you can just refer to the book.
Ah, well that's good to know about that ^^ I might get into that o-o;

*saves tons of $$$* x3;

11-09-2009   #20 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
Megaman Starforce 3 Black Ace/Red Joker
The World Ends With You
For the love of god, get Chrono Trigger. D8