LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-13-2009   #1 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Bouncer 75 | Fighter 71 lu_eir
Default Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps3 news
The latest issue of Famitsu Magazine has revealed that Ar Tonelico 3 will exclusively be hitting the PS3 on January 28, 2010 and Hokuto no Ken Musou will also arrive next year.

According to PSU (linked above), there will be an Ar Tonelico event at the Akihabara Enta Festival on the 25th if you're in Japan and want to go.

To quote from rykomatsu's article translation:

The Ar Tonelico series takes place on the planet of Ar Ciel. Due to a prior catastrophy, humanity is forced to take refuge on one of 3 towers, called Ar Tonelico, located around the planet.

• Ar Tonelico I takes place on Sol Ciel
• Ar Tonelico II takes place on Meta Falas
• Ar Tonelico III takes place on Sol Clusta

Sol Clusta is dominated by Reyvateils which are the ruling class. The ideal world to them consists only of Reyvateils and purified humans (ie. slaves)

Characters

Saki - Heroine (CV: Gotou Mai)
Reyvateil who was created in a laboratory for a plan that would have far reaching effects on the world (unclear if it's limited to Sol Clusta or the planet of Ar Ciel). She manages to escape shortly before the plan was to be set into motion and runs into the protagonist after being on the run for a number of years. When under sever duress, she exhibits a power called "miracle" on occasion.

Finnelle - Heroine (CV: Kitamura Eri)
βtype reyvateil (no human bloodline) born in the kingdom of Clustania. Ditzy girl who works in a restaurant on Tocociez Highway. Her existance appears to have a connection with the Clustania conspiracy but...

Aoto - Protagonist (CV: Sugiyama Noriaki)
Is an apprentice of a master who specializes in construction at high elevations. Doesn't think about consequences when he acts, but has a strong sense of obligation to complete what he's started. Has always had a slight dislike of Clustania, but after meeting Saki, he starts viewing Clustania as an enemy.

RAH System (Hymnos Synthesis)

This title's Hymnos isn't limited to heroines just "singing" them. If you "combine" hymnos parts that are bourne from the heroine's psyche, the player himself/herself can create hymnos.

Merging this RAH system and player's actions, the real-time BGM changes, which the Active Music Generation System accomplishes, brings a presence never experienced before (I'm assuming in regards to game BGM). Creating a good hymn and having the heroines sing it will bring effects such as increasing the vanguard's attack power.

Misc

Some other things I can't make out too clearly or don't deserve their own section.

• Deeper bonds with reyvateils allow them to "unleash" their attire which is probably what is being shown with the twin tailed girl (Finnelle)
• As before, the deeper you dive into the heroine's psyche, the more song magic you can unlock
• Multiple personalities (not sure if singular or plural) exist within each reyvateil. Different personalities prefer different song magics, which will have an effect on the RAH system.
• Aoto's town is at the border of the tower's climate control system, thus it's not completely protected from the elements, resulting in violent winds. The town has wind mills to make use of the winds, however.
• Clustania has the highest level of ameneties in the tower of Sol Clusta and is the central location for Reyvateils. Humans are brought into Clustania to help further develop Reyvateil's skills. Also, anti-Clustania individuals are brought in for cleansing.
• Jumping returns to AT3
Damn, I've been waiting for this game since forever *_*/ ...and gg for NA release =_=;

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-13-2009   #2 (permalink)
Mika.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseEden Eternal

Mikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud ofMikaze has much to be proud of

PS3... Q_Q;;; Another reason for me to get a PS3... That is if it ever gets an EU release.

10-13-2009   #3 (permalink)
A Distant Visionary.
Games
La Tale

Fayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really nice
IGN: Aurelius
Class: Bladerr. lt_blader
Level: 170.
Guild: ShiningRay

...Yeah. I'll be getting a ps3 now. Is it just me or does the girl at the top right on the second page look like Cocona o.o It was sort of clue'ed that she would be in this one...

10-13-2009   #4 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

"Cocona can do it."

Okay ya, i'm getting a PS3 now because of this.

I just don't want another Croix as a main character, I want another Lyner.

10-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute

MORE MAG SCANS!

At least the main character looks like a guy this time round.

10-13-2009   #6 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Lol, woo! Can't wait; I don't feel like reading because I just wanted to comment, I'll read it now ;D

I <3 KUDA

10-14-2009   #7 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Jeez. Another reason for me to get a PS3... I loved Ar Tonelico 2...

And dammit, where's Croix?

10-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Official website is up, with a "trailer" <_<; which shows almost pretty much nothing, except buildings and the three introduced characters. No gameplay.

Ar Tonelico 3

Also, have a few screenshots (HD).

It's JUST LIKE AT2, lol.

Now where have I seen this background before? (Also GG @ second option)

It's JUST LIKE AT---oh wait, kinda different. Where's my MP gauge. :U

Last edited by Kotarou; 10-15-2009 at 06:57 PM.

10-15-2009   #9 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
MORE MAG SCANS!
At least the main character looks like a guy this time round.
Big QFT.

Quote:
Finnelle - Heroine (CV: Kitamura Eri)
βtype reyvateil
FFFFFF YEAH.

Quote:
• Ar Tonelico II takes place on Meta Falas
Lol PS3 news, it's Metafalss

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking "I'm getting a ps3 for this." Any word on what the Subtitle for the game is? (Like how the first one was "Sekai no Owari de Utai Tsuzukeru Shōjo" (wtf, Subtitle is longer than the title)) I'm guessing the english subtitle will be something like "Melody of Clustania" or "Melody of Tylia"

I'm liking the sound of that new battle system though. I hope it's as fun and interactive as AT2's was.

10-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Official website's been updated. Also, they've announced the Hymnnos Concert CDs already, lol.

10-25-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

HennaIkimono will become famous soon enough

This is first game for the PS3 that will make me buy a PS3 (I'd rather get an X-box360 most of the time) if it comes state side. I loved AT2, I even gave in and bought the hymm concert CDs from Amazon.co.jp, which were hard as hell to find. Choche fan!

The pig tailed girl does remind me of Cocone, including the way she is standing in the mag.
Justice, Il 60458
Flat Lick, Ky 40935
Paint Lick Ky 40461
Flower Mound, Tx 75022
Cumming, Ga 30040
King of Prussia, Ga 19406

10-27-2009   #12 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Ar Tonelico III Promotional Video show at the Enta Matsuri AT Fan Appreciation Event

10-27-2009   #13 (permalink)
私は君のためなら何でもする, my Love
Special

FlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FlamesBlader Send a message via MSN to FlamesBlader
IGN: iFlames
Class: Any
Level: 30
Guild: Expired

* stares *

10-27-2009   #14 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Never have I hated not having/not being able to attain a PS3. >_>;

I hate you AT3, wai do you this to me.

10-27-2009   #15 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

epic music alert at 1:16

Also:
UG WAT AT3 IS 3D

I would have prefereed sprites ;-;

The FMVs look amazing though. I loved the cutscenes from AT2 (not so much AT1 because the horrible voice acting ruined it for me), and I'm liking those flowers.

Also, 2:19 reminds me of Spica.

2:43 if Cocona's in here, I'm guessing that's her, but that's just me. I don;t see the Finelle/Cocona resemblance.

Last edited by Mitchi; 10-27-2009 at 03:27 AM.

10-27-2009   #16 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Went Digging through A Reyvateil's Melody, and found these:

We got what apparently are Finnel and Saki's form changes, or something:

New Cosmosphere:

The MCs:

Sol Clusta (what could Clusta mean, I wonder. It's not in the Hymnodict.)

Clustania:

A couple of quotes from A Reyvateil's Medoly:

Quote:
A new feature has been added to the Dive shop which relates to R.A.H as well, each Reyvatail will have an alternate personality that once unlocked, will allow the reyvatail to change into the “other person” including appearance and abilities. (hmm Finnel to Cocona?! nah!)

---

Given the hidden personalities within each Reyvateil, and what Jakuri said about Harvestasya being her counterpart, I wonder if she meant it literally...?
Quote:
So Saki's not third generation, and not β either. What does that leave us with?
Inb4 Saki=Tylia

Apparently, some stuff translated by (I presume) some of the A.R.M. people, from the official site for AT:

ƒAƒ‹ƒ|[ƒ^ƒ‹-ƒAƒ‹ƒgƒlƒŠƒR‘‡î•ńƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒTƒCƒg-

Quote:
Hello,

I am Tsuchiya [Akira] of Gust and am being allowed to direct the Ar Tonelico series. On the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month from now until release date, I am hoping to report to you, development secrets and the current state of the Ar Tonelico series, primarily Ar Tonelico 3.

The first few episodes are entitled "The Memories Entrusted to Ar Tonelico 3" and familiar to the fans of the series, I'd like to talk about "This time, we shoved a lot of love into this!" In this episode, I'd like to talk about "RAH" which is one of those aspects.

Ar Tonelico 3, will be the series debut on the PS3, and will also be the first time this series has been release outside of the PS2. With new hardware, we can do different things from before! That said the idea lover in me had a fluttering heart that was beating full steam ahead. In particular, in the current game scene, it's hardware that's on the cutting edge, so the possibilities are endless. Thus, all that remained was how many ideas we could come up with! After the PS3 had been decided on as the console, I spent days upon end shaking the controller around, ****ing around with the XMB configurations, and playing other company's games, to get ideas of how to create something fun. As a result of that, I'm proud to say that we have a number of great ideas that we'll be able to deliver to everyone.

This has already been introduced in [Famitsu], but in particular, we put a lot of effort into the "RAH System". This is a multichannel streaming music constructing system that was made possible due to the PS3's power and the help from CRI of Middleware. In the past, on the PS2 and what not, there have been a few games that build music automatically, but I believe music building with vocals, tempo changes, and key changes are a first. We got a little greedy and the number of music constructing parts increased exorbitantly. This resuted in us currently working all-nighters to fine tune the system, but we will work hard to make it a great system.

From the gamer's side, you will be doing music construction via song synthesis, but we've added a little twist so that song synthesis isn't "putting music together (using a music application)". Thus, the system should appeal to even those that aren't keen with music. I can't talk about it in greater detail now, but it would be great if people could really delve in and get into that aspect. And finally, if the music that everyone creates ultimately permeates into conversations and discussions, from the developer side of things, that would make us very happy.

And I will leave it at that for now.
Let's meet again on the 2nd Friday of November!
People from A.R.M. Have too much free time:
A Reyvateil's Melody &bull; View topic - AT3~Speculations and Discussion > Official TRAILER OUT!!!!

QFT:
Quote:
Gust sure knows how to create a teaser that give you hints, but will drive you mad until you mad until you get the game

Also, more on the Cocona Theory:

Quote:
According to the report of the official fan event, the battle system is like to Tales and Star Ocean series more than previous AT series (about escort characters). However awful lag occurred when there are a lot of enemies. And Cocona's appearance was confirmed because her VA participated the event.

Quote:
Then Noriko [Mitose] will be singing for Cocona...maybe?
If this is the case, I will die. This would Awesome (the singing voice, not me dying (for those who don't know: Noriko Mitose did Jakuri's singing voice)).

Discussion topic from A Reyvateil's Melody:

A Reyvateil's Melody &bull; View topic - AT3~Speculations and Discussion > Official TRAILER OUT!!!!

10-27-2009   #17 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Obviously Cocona has to be in there, she got sent there for crying out loud, lol.

I'm also betting that bearded dude from AT2 (the one that fell off into the void below) is actually still alive lol.

10-27-2009   #18 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
I'm also betting that bearded dude from AT2 (the one that fell off into the void below) is actually still alive lol.
Laude (the old guy who had the Metafalica crystal)?

InB4Kyle's not dead.

10-27-2009   #19 (permalink)
A Distant Visionary.
Games
La Tale

Fayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really nice
IGN: Aurelius
Class: Bladerr. lt_blader
Level: 170.
Guild: ShiningRay

The promotional video was awesome. Hot music is hot ;_;

The battle system is interesting, but I'll miss the 2D sprites.

11-01-2009   #20 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold