MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (22) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-18-2009   20 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #41 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple
can be purchased for a price of $9.95 for the iPod touch"
And my bet is that it's a 5 computer at a time type of purchase, this isn't worth getting at all.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-18-2009   #42 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Viral will become famous soon enough
IGN: SMEXIA
Class: Meister lt_blader
Level: 145
Guild: ShiningRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
And my bet is that it's a 5 computer at a time type of purchase, this isn't worth getting at all.
i dont know what you meant by 5 computer at a time but I think the 10 bucks software upgrade for iTough users is BS. They should make it free for everyone and not just iPhone users

not that I have to worry cuz I use the phone but I have friends who got steamed when they heard of the 10 dollar software price tag

06-18-2009   #43 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral
They should make it free for everyone and not just iPhone users
At least the itouch users don't have to pay for a data plan like I do. `-`

o nvm, i dont pay for my family plan.

06-18-2009   #44 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral
i dont know what you meant by 5 computer at a time
Where you have the rights to download the software and use it on 5 computers before it doesn't work anymore.
For an update such as this, It would only make sense to make it unlimited, but knowing apple ..

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-18-2009   #45 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Where you have the rights to download the software and use it on 5 computers before it doesn't work anymore.
For an update such as this, It would only make sense to make it unlimited, but knowing apple ..
I can tell you this; People were able to purchase the 3.0 software + SDK months before it released (at a cost , which was vital at the time if you were a developer so you can test the apps you made with 3.0 firmware)...

And for each 3.0 pre-release thingie bought, you can share the download with 99 other people.

06-23-2009   #46 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
At least the itouch users don't have to pay for a data plan like I do. `-`

o nvm, i dont pay for my family plan.

shiet

12-11-2009   #47 (permalink)
No

Teleclast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Teleclast Send a message via MSN to Teleclast

Sorry if you want to consider this a Necro, but I don't exactly want to leave a thread here where I was addressed as the reason it was made without actually responding to it. The initial quote I made was somewhat taken out of context and was made in seriousness although parts of it are valid enough to be seen that way.

Wow I'm gone for 6 months (probably more) and come back to see this.

Now that I actually own an iPhone and have tried most of the games I have this to say:
iPhone has potential as a gaming platform but has several problems it has to overcome to see more good games like Zenonia:
1)No mechanical buttons. Mechanical buttons are what make gaming GAMING, you've just removed more than half of the genres thanks to this. Sure there are people working on 'cases' with tactical buttons, but the prices they expect and the flimsiness is crazy, not to mention the change of developers setting their games up for it.
2)Casual and it's expected to be casual. Look at the games, they're for light gaming, nothing screams "Play me for extended periods of time, master me!" No, they're all games you can master within a day, except for about a handful. Out of the thousands of games well, hah.
3)Memory on the iPhone is terrible, unless you jailbroke it and are running SBSettings or something similar you can't free up memory which causes games to lag. If you have your mail checked automatically or load up Safari they tend to drop you down to about 10~12MB of RAM left, with that you can either not load up the game, or wait for iPhone to free up space manually which takes an annoying amount of time, the reason for those little micro-games is to be able to boot them quick, play them quick, and quit them quick.

Certain companies have proven that gaming can be done well on the iPhone. Bookworm, Zenonia, Mr.Aahhh!, Orbital, and Edge are some of my favorite games, but I'd never compare Zenonia even to anything on the DS. It's arguably the best game or at least RPG for the iPhone but it can't come close to any RPG the SNES ever put out or even the DS.

As I said before it's casual, and I'm okay with that, it's meant to be casual, it can't be taken seriously as a gaming platform because even though it has the power (it can emulate the Nintendo DS actually...), it doesn't have the usability.

The easiest way I think to fix this would be to make something similar to this ( iPhone Gaming Control Pads in the Works | Touch Arcade ) but with a stylus holder and a sleek stylus for it. Would give it a lot of the functionality of the DS, and since it boasts enough power, you'd see a lot more heading it's way.

I'm also sure that the iPhone will get a fresh new breath of life when Flash CS5 is released and you're able to port flash games into iPhone Apps, then we'll see all our favorite desktop time wasters on our phone, whether for free or for 99 cents a pop. :]

12-13-2009   #48 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

Just wondering... anyone here plays eliminate?

Wanna add me @ either oriharkon or cathartic?
1v1 anyone? I'm still low level though... :x