MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-07-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor
Default recommended MMORPG?

im looking for a game where there are alot of skills to learn for a class (unlike atlantica/grand chase etc), appealing graphics, NOT 'cute', and isn't too much of a grind (like GhostX :s)

ive played alot of games before and i probably will say that i've played and quitted games that you've suggested

edit: i forgot to mention, must be free to play and have an english version (i wont be able to play american versions that block other regions though, im a european)

Last edited by Kenzor; 06-07-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Hmm, you probably have already but try Mabinogi? Might be lag fest if your computer is out to date or something. Although it is Anime-ish graphics so "cute" might be part of it if you think it is.

There is no "class" although people tend to use the term. You can basically learn all the skills on 1 player from Melee, to range to magic and skills related to life such as music playing which you can compose your own music using a music system as well and a bunch of other skills.

The grind isn't too hard, the average level these days is 40~60 or so. The thing is, in the game, you can "rebirth" which brings you back to lvl 1 and you can re-lvl and get points to use on skills. You keep all your previous skills before you rebirthed as well. You use to have to pay (real money) to rebirth but now you can do it for free when your character reaches age 20. (This game has a aging system where your character ages once a week. Lowest Age is 10, there is no max)

Game is hosted by Nexon.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

06-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Monster Hunter Frontier Online.

Need I say more?

75% Skill; 25% Equipments.

This is Kyuubey

06-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Sword of the New World?
It actually does fit your requests.

Skills: Each class has their own array of stances packed with 3-5 skills each. Each stance is unique in it's own way -- attack patterns, stat bonuses, EQs, etc. Book of Wind has info on all the skills in-game.

Graphics: By far, one of the best-looking free games I've ever played. This is including Lineage 2 private servers. Amazing details, flashy skills, shiny weapons. What more can you ask for?

Grind: For sure, it's grindy, but the fact you can AFK-level makes it a lot more bearable. It's also nice how they introduced their new Pioneering weapons that give you an advantage on your-level monsters every 20 levels. Quests don't give you EXP directly onto your characters, and instead give you cards that give you EXP to whatever character you use it on. This helps when you have straggling characters trying to keep up.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

06-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

@Paul: i haven't played Mabinogi but i don't like the graphics, thats what i call 'cute' :P

@Silver Rook: i might take a look at Monster Hunter Frontier Online
edit: found out it doesnt have an english version, im not gonna play it then

@kuyaBaka: i used to play Sword of the New World and was around lvl 50s, the game got a bit too grindy for me though , however i might try it again seeing as theres been alot of updates since i left the game

Last edited by Kenzor; 06-07-2009 at 12:05 PM.

06-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

I'll play Granada over Swords anyday, the voices are far less annoying, and so are the people.

Cabal Online, its my main atm, it has the best looking skills of any game once you hit a decent level (50 ish).

Perfect World, it has some great skills, classes, and is just overall fun...

06-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

^ Its Granado. And, SofNW was suggested instead due to the fact more forumers play that rather than Granado Espada, and have an established guild. Im willing to bet the handful of people here that have played SotNW didnt even know anyone on MOG even played Granado. Regardless if its less annoying, its also less known around here, seeing as SofNW is the english version (primarily).

Comparing the number of forumers that play SofNW to the ones that play GE, most newer players would probably stick to SofNW.

Have you tried Dragonica? It seems to be the "new thing," but I couldnt tell you myself how grindy it is or anything. Havent even gotten a chance to download it.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 06-07-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: how2grammar

06-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo
^ Its Granado. And, SofNW was suggested instead due to the fact more forumers play that rather than Granado Espada, and have an established guild. Im willing to bet the handful of people here that have played SotNW didnt even know anyone on MOG even played Granado. Regardless if its less annoying, its also less known around here, seeing as SofNW is the english version (primarily).

Comparing the number of forumers that play SofNW to the ones that play GE, most newer players would probably stick to SofNW.

Have you tried Dragonica? It seems to be the "new thing," but I couldnt tell you myself how grindy it is or anything. Havent even gotten a chance to download it.
There's a way to replace the SotNW voice files. Unfortunately, I do not know how. `-`
Dragonica is fine, it's just that I would say the graphics are "cute" -- something OP doesn't want. Also, it's not so much grindy as it is repetitive, and that's a big turn-off for a lot of people.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

06-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hypocrisy will become famous soon enoughHypocrisy will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hypocrisy
Class: Knight
Level: 70+70+6x
Guild: Ti$$tans

I suggest Lunia

Lunia - MyMMOGames.net - Multiplayer Gaming and Media Community

The gameplay is a Action RPGMMO, mouse optional. The entire game revolves around comboing and advanced techniques to get through the story mode and compete with other players in PvP. The gameplay is nothing like you've ever played before, imagine a 3d fighting game that is VERY fun.

Besides Lime, there aren't any 'cutesy' characters. Most of them are in fact pretty cool looking[google Lunia Ryan Hunt].

It's the opposite of a grindfest and equips don't really dominate the game.

There's a global english version over at Lunia.Ijji.com.

Being considered 'pro' in Lunia is being very skilled in PvP, this doesn't include running around the map and randomly shooting out skills.
Though. . .

Cash shop isn't entirely taking over the game. . .yet.
And at the current moment PvP is filled with skill spammers who don't even bother to combo.

06-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

I would imagine the vast amount of complaint threads Ive seen on MOG in the last number of months about Lunia would turn off some potential new players though. Certainly turned me off to even considering it.

Eh. I dont even keep up with whats out anymore. Only other thing that comes to mind is HB, but I know thats a bit grindy.

モノノ怪

06-07-2009   #11 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

I highly recommend you to try all the games featured by MMOG. There is a reason why feature them =P

06-08-2009   #12 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
@Paul: i haven't played Mabinogi but i don't like the graphics, thats what i call 'cute' :P

@Silver Rook: i might take a look at Monster Hunter Frontier Online
edit: found out it doesnt have an english version, im not gonna play it then

@kuyaBaka: i used to play Sword of the New World and was around lvl 50s, the game got a bit too grindy for me though , however i might try it again seeing as theres been alot of updates since i left the game
You see whats the game play like first before choosing not to play because it doesn't have an english version... LOL.

I recommend using youtube, then typing in; MHFO or MHF* to your choice.

This is Kyuubey

06-08-2009   #13 (permalink)
Expired

Hector is on a distinguished road
IGN: No.
Class: No.
Level: No.
Guild: Debaters, [JW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
You see whats the game play like first before choosing not to play because it doesn't have an english version... LOL.

I'm curious, how come no publisher has picked up the awesome franchise that is Monster Hunter? (The MMO)

06-08-2009   #14 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Actually I myself am waiting for when Dungeon and Fighter comes out.
It feels like when I had experienced the Mabinogi hype.~

/ / / Playing: DM

06-08-2009   #15 (permalink)
Out of Line

I'm waiting on Mabinogi Heroes...it is in the same world as Mabinogi...just...well...a lot more...pretty *_*

06-08-2009   #16 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
I'm curious, how come no publisher has picked up the awesome franchise that is Monster Hunter? (The MMO)
Capcom wants to retain all rights.

06-08-2009   #17 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

@Cruxshadows: i've played both Granado and SOTNW before, but i'd stick to SOTNW since its a global version and voices arent a problem for me
and i've played Cabal Online, got to lvl 7x then it got too grindy
Perfect World... might check it out

@Megiddo: Dragonica's cute graphics don't appeal to me XD

@Hypocrisy: i've played Lunia before, and i would consider playing it again but i really want to play an MMORPG where u actually explore instead of going to dungeon/missions since i've been playing Grand Chase (similar to Lunia but 2D) for so long that i've gotten tired of dungeon/missions type games

@Red: why didn't I think of this earlier *headdesk* lol

@Sanichi: i might try Dungeon and Fighter but if its a dungeon/mission game like Lunia/Grand Chase then i probably wont play it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook

ive played other foreign games before and playing 'silence, no english or ban' is not very fun

oh and i already did youtube it, thats how i found out it didnt have an english version >_>

------------------

sorry everyone for being so picky loool

06-08-2009   #18 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

You could always try the Warhammer free trial. Game itself doesn't cost much monthly, less then most spend in item shop games. That and £/€9 is about the price of two or three visits to fast food places.

Last edited by Metty; 06-08-2009 at 08:33 AM.

06-08-2009   #19 (permalink)
Out of Line

Best thing about perfect world, level 1 with the elf class....you can fly...yup.
Every other class is like lvl 40 or 50...but still.

06-08-2009   #20 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
You could always try the Warhammer free trial. Game itself doesn't cost much monthly, less then most spend in item shop games. That and £/€9 is about the price of two or three visits to fast food places.
nah i dont wanna play any p2p games, and i'd rather have fast food than virtual entertainment lol