Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-30-2010   #101 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

PC Specs
Quote:
Windows XP/Vista/7, Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2GHz, 2GB of RAM, 15GB HDD space, NVIDIA GeForce 9600 512MB or ATI Radeon HD 2900 512MB and DirectX 9.
NA CE does not include the tumbler and music CD.

Pricing (per 30 days)
Quote:
JP - ¥1,344
US - TBA
EU - £8.99 (€12.99)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-30-2010   #102 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

That cover looks beautiful!

06-30-2010   #103 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

07-05-2010   #104 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of

Do you have a high-res of the collector's edition?

07-05-2010   #105 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

this game is going to be P2P monthly fee right?

07-05-2010   #106 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicta™
PC Specs

NA CE does not include the tumbler and music CD.

Pricing (per 30 days)
1344 Yen is a little more than $15 USD...meaning that we'll most likely have to pay $15 per month.

07-06-2010   #107 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

FFXI is $14 a month for an extra dollar per additional character (you only need one character to experience every job and everything the game has to offer) so that sounds about right.

08-19-2010   #108 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I was checking Alienware Arena and there's a benchmark program out that lets you gauge how well you can probably run the game.

Alienware Arena - Gamers Wanted

08-19-2010   #109 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
IGN: Ryoko Nee
Class: Paladin lt_sorcerer
Level: i93
Guild: The Kingfishers
Xfire: d4rthsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
I was checking Alienware Arena and there's a benchmark program out that lets you gauge how well you can probably run the game.

Alienware Arena - Gamers Wanted
Helps to check the official site too.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Official Benchmark

08-22-2010   #110 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Yeah, that's been around quite some time. I used it on my computer, the benchmark wouldn't even run. Guess I won't be getting this game. ;~;

08-25-2010   #111 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

So. There's a fatigue system. You have 8 hours of play per week where you gain 100% exp. Then for the following 7 hours, it will dwindle down to 0%.

Anyone else think this is one of the stupidest ****ing ideas ever to implement in a SUBSCRIPTION BASED MMORPG? SE is basically taking your money and punching you in the face.

08-25-2010   #112 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

Yeah I've heard nothing but terrible things about this game... The only sense I can think of to the "fatigue" system is to force players to do more things than EXP.'ng but... it's just not right.

08-25-2010   #113 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Wow. What? 8 hours per WEEK? Wouldn't 8 hours per day be more reasonable? Or better yet, have no fatigue system at all since you're paying a subscription to play the game and you should be able to do whatever you want.

08-25-2010   #114 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

mmmmmm at least it helps me focus more on school..I think?!

08-25-2010   #115 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

What its probably doing is forcing people to take part in the other aspects of the game as well as progressing in fighting/leveling. Also, drawing away from hardcore addicts who want to grind 24/7.. too many health issues keep arising because people mindlessly throw their bodies out of whack to the point of illness, dysfunction of your daily life routines and hygiene, or even death.

They could perhaps extend the 100% exp to about 10~15 hours .. i dont know how long it takes to raid/solo things.. so 2~3 hrs a day for 5 days sounds sufficient.

08-25-2010   #116 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
What its probably doing is forcing people to take part in the other aspects of the game as well as progressing in fighting/leveling. Also, drawing away from hardcore addicts who want to grind 24/7.. too many health issues keep arising because people mindlessly throw their bodies out of whack to the point of illness, dysfunction of your daily life routines and hygiene, or even death.

They could perhaps extend the 100% exp to about 10~15 hours .. i dont know how long it takes to raid/solo things.. so 2~3 hrs a day for 5 days sounds sufficient.
I'd lol hard if they still have 14 hour boss fights.

Sorry, you don't get any rewards because you were on too long.

If you try to tell people that they are not going to get anything for their playtime, they won't even bother to play (or pay!) in the first place.

I can understand wanting to "level the playing field" between hardcore and casuals, but punishing your hardcore players doesn't seem like the best approach.

Someone in another thread was noting that with the inclusion of the multi-class system from FFXI, that means, should you want to spread out your playtime between classes, you'll get not quite 1.5 hours of 'effective' playtime per class per week.

Luckily for them they said it's subject to change because I don't see something like this hanging out until the end.

08-25-2010   #117 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

In WAR, average raiding with my friends was 3 hrs. Extending the 8 hr/week for 100% EXP would be fair.

Then again, this feature seems "ridiculous".

I've tried the Beta, and it really is one. A lot of people mix Beta and Demo altogether. There's nothing much to do but admire the scenic landscape. Combat feels... meh. Slower paced than other MMOs. Maps and cities are HUGE. There's an auto-run feature, but you can't jump.

Graphics: 9/10
Mechanics: 4/10

I placed a pre-order for the CE, but now am considering canceling it. Waiting for more news to see if it really is worth the money.

Squeenix have got good asset creators. They should replace their Designer.

Last edited by Vindicta™; 08-25-2010 at 11:06 PM.

08-25-2010   #118 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Akurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the rough

Just listened to a few of the tracks...which definitely got that Uematsu authenticity to them but they aren't quite up there compared to what he was capable of making years ago.

08-26-2010   #119 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Oh. The hours aren't solidified? I think that if they feel they really need to have it, they should extend it to at least 3 hours per day average. I think 3 hours is fine for the reasons they have for putting in this fatigue system. Schoolwork and stuff. I'd have 3 hours to spare. Maybe not so much when having a job depending... I don't know how much you could get done in about 1 hour per weekday and 1.5 on the weekends.

Oh. Do you still get drops and stuff if you use up your hours? I'm seeing people saying( and reading a few googled articles) you won't get 100% Exp, but what drops?

08-26-2010   #120 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegridathes
I'd lol hard if they still have 14 hour boss fights.
I think only one boss is that long in FFXI and he was meant to be "impossible." XD Obviously, it's only designed for players who wish to be truly challenged. There's a lot of Japanese players in FFXI. Besides, this is FFXIV, not FFXI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicta™
Combat feels... meh. Slower paced than other MMOs. Maps and cities are HUGE. There's an auto-run feature, but you can't jump.
Who cares about other MMOs, compare it to FFXI. Is it faster or slower paced than FFXI? It's supposed to be a lot faster than FFXI's. FFXI is very slow paced but it's also a heck've lot more strategic than other MMOs as well. And, yeah, maps and cities are huge in FFXI with auto run but no jumping. FF doesn't need jumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akurei
Just listened to a few of the tracks...which definitely got that Uematsu authenticity to them but they aren't quite up there compared to what he was capable of making years ago.
Yeah Uematsu only did one track in FFXI I think, and it wasn't even an important one, some "goofy" cutscene one. But it still had good music, I just wish they'd use Uematsu in every FF.