LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-02-2009   #21 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I really don't see much differences or improvements so far. Aside from some new weapons and a new enemy or two everything else just seems like a slightly revamped L4D. Change of scenery and characters doesn't count, honestly.

Not enough to warrant a sequel in my eyes currently, should be an expansion.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-02-2009   #22 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Episodic L4D?

I'm ok with this.

Just make sure I don't have to switch games to play the older versions.

06-02-2009   #23 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Ok, seeing the gameplay vid, I actually dislike the game so far.

Listed by things I noticed first.

The Sounds/Music -
  • The gun sounds very weak, even if it's supposed to sound like that in real life, it doesn't make me look at it being a powerful weapon.
  • The horde rushing sounds downright horrible. It sounds like a carnival, how the hell does that sound like dangers coming?

My second dislike-
I like what looks to be a switchable second weapon, I see pistols I see an axe and most likely the chainsaw.
But a FRYING PAN?! It seems awesome at first, but for zombies that take multiple bullets to kill, why the hell would you have a frying pan in the game?
If they take 4 shots to kill, you would have to beat the living hell out of them to keep them down.. and wouldn't a frying pan simply start to bend after beating up zombies so much?
It's a joke weapon.. that's the stupidest idea I've heard.

My third dislike -
The Tank looks horrendous! I simply don't understand why they made him look so stupid. The first time I saw the tank in the first L4D, the first thing that came to my mind was "oh shit!, I'm about to get my ass slammed into the wall".
But when I look at this one, it feels nonthreatening and most likely won't startle anyone.

If this is actually a different infected monster altogether, and they actually have the original tank in the game, then my opinion still stands but it's quite a let down as an addition to the infected.

My final reason is The Theme
All of the themes of L4D were very dark, gritty and reeking of death, it made for a very effective "chill down the spine" effect. Especially when it was difficult to see what was ahead.

However apparently in L4D 2, It's always sunset and it's way too bright to be intimidating and spooky.
Many may argue it seems like a decent theme being in the daylight, but when you think about it, you can pretty much see everything in the environment around you.
It seems more delightful then dark and gritty.

I have no real beef on the characters.
------

So far the selection of secondary weaponry is the only thing that caught my liking, but this is all my opinion I expect disagreements with above statements.

I wouldn't buy this game if it was released in it's current state.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Last edited by Light; 06-02-2009 at 10:08 PM.

06-02-2009   #24 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light

My third dislike -
The Tank looks horrendous! I simply don't understand why they made him look so stupid. The first time I saw the tank in the first L4D, the first thing that came to my mind was "oh shit!, I'm about to get my ass slammed into the wall".
But when I look at this one, it feels nonthreatening and most likely won't startle anyone.

If this is actually a different infected monster altogether, and they actually have the original tank in the game, then my opinion still stands but it's quite a let down as an addition to the infected.
yeah,its called a Charger,one of the new enemies
no official word yet if Tanks are still in L4D2 though,not that i am aware of

06-02-2009   #25 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Bring back Bill, Francis, Louis and Zoey!

Only the guy in the white suit looks worth to play, the rest of them probably suck.

Anyway, L4D DOES have a storyline. But unlike most games, in L4D, the storyline requires BRAINS to figure out.

They started out at No Mercy campagin after closely escaping the tank
They fight their way to No Mercy hospital to be airevac out of the area towards a safezone
Apparently the helicopter pilot gotten infected when he tried a ground pickup (First radio reply; where he talks about an incident and something had happened) Uhmm... I just had an... Incident... News chopper five out.
Helicopter crashed alittle further, or Bill took over the copter (Hes a war veteran) and our heros moved further north a little
This is the start of the Death Toll campagin
They fight their way through towards riverside for a boat to ferry them towards the safezone further north
They hop onboard, and apparently something happens on the boat, this is unknown of what has happened, but apparently either they ran out of supplies or the boat owners did their first and the last kind act ever
The boat was left in the docks at the Dead Air mission
Clues left ingame is in the name of the hotel you entered in DA1. Theres also an indentical boat in DA1 docks thats the very same boat in DT5
The survivors fight their way through the map once again towards the airport, apparently the military bombarded the airport to bits to contain the contamination and virus infection, but its not working
Its unknown why the plane crashed, but its apparent that the Millitary is preventing unauthoritized flights and is shooting down all commercial airplanes from leaving the area
They fill the plane up and hop onboard, the pilot replies that he can't bring them to the safezone instantly, therefore he had to risk a drop off outside Blood Harvest's forest
At Blood Harvest, its apparent that the survivors had stayed there for quite awhile.
As you can see, they're burning dollar bills in the small camp fire
They fight their way through towards point ECHO for evacuation
The millitary sent an APC to ferry them across into the safezone
Clues that the entire 4 campagins are linked can be seen in the map of the radio room in BH5. Where they shown that NM, DT, DA is overrunned by infected with the (Overrun) word on the location.

Lastly, its apparent that the infection is mutating into a faster transforming and infecting strand. The infection apparently takes from a few weeks, to days, to hours and finally... Happening in minutes; this can be seen on the saferoom wall in No Mercy 5. Another good example would be the church bell guy in Death Toll 3 where he said that he has been bitten an hour ago.

Most of the story isn't told, you'll have to read the saferoom writings and listen to the player dialogue to understand it. This would probably be the same with L4D2.

This is Kyuubey

06-02-2009   #26 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

wow, you're right..
Not paying attention to any connection when playing it, now that you wrote it, I nod my head in agreement.
Now I won't play it without noticing the story, which actually works..

Now I am curious about the new story..

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-03-2009   #27 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Well, at first, L4D was supposed to be one giant story with 4 episodes, but something occurred so that they changed it to the 4 current campaigns, with no stated links to each other.

Am I the only one that doesn't feel that I got my $40-50 worth on L4D? There wasn't really that much content in L4D to make it worth the price, but that's just me.

Since there are new characters in L4D2, I'm guessing that maybe you can choose from more than 4, maybe customizable?

Also, it is in its Beta form... how2fix glitches/bug when everything is dark as fffff?

The frying pan, as awesome is it is, shouldn't be so deadly -.-;;

06-03-2009   #28 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

I think it was worth it. Best team-based game I've played in my life. But again, I would really prefer for it to be an expansion, or even a solo expansion or "episode". I'm sure the final product will be a lot different than what we can see now.

And Valve mostly listens to their customers. I'm sure something good will come out of this. TF2 is fine example, or the economic buyout thing in CSS.

06-03-2009   #29 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Well, the experience was great, but I didn't feel that I got my content's worth >.>;;

06-03-2009   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

L4D was a great game, no denying it. But this pretty much looks completely similar. New characters, new guns, new levels... SEQUEL TIME!

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

06-04-2009   #31 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook

But without Zoey, Louis, Francis and all time old man Bill...

The game will never be the same... EVER...

Whatever happened to the old survivors? Did they die in the APC on the way to the American Saftey Zone? Did something happen and are they still kicking zombie butt? Did they died out during Last Stand? Or another mission; Lost Cause; has been secretly in spread during L4D?

Hohoho... I won't reveal too much...

L4D2 yo! Whole new story, whole new weapons, whole new characters and whole new game... Sadly it could easily be a DLC looking at TF2...

... BTW Light; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott <- join! NOW!

This is Kyuubey

Last edited by Silver Rook; 06-04-2009 at 06:39 AM.

06-04-2009   #32 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
... BTW Light; Steam Community :: Group :: L4D2 Boycott <- join! NOW!
As much as I would want to join that, I'll wait to see what Valve does to explain themselves first before doing that '-'

06-04-2009   #33 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Well, from what I've learned, L4D2 was worked on immediately right after L4D came out, which is why it looks so similar with some minor changes here and there.

Kotaku - Left 4 Dead 2 Extended Impressions - E3

But you know, we can't take everything for granted, in this case, moar free/cheap stuff from Valve orz...

Other stuff:

Kotaku - 2 Left 4 Dead 2 Survivors That Didn't Make The Cut - E3

06-04-2009   #34 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

I'll miss Francis orz

06-04-2009   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

I really didn't enjoy left4dead... I don't think I'll pick it up ever.

06-04-2009   #36 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

Well after I borrowed L4D from my friend I'll most certainly will be picking this up... It's good they're making L4D2 in a sense as that people who haven't played the original can pick up the slightly revamped 2 for a better experience instead of buying an older game

06-04-2009   #37 (permalink)
sɪlvər

I hate the water.
I hate Hospitals.
I hate elevators.
I hate the stairs.
I hate doctors.
I hate lawyers, when are they done practicing law?
I hate boats.
I hate vans.

Francis, is there anything you DON'T hate?

You know what I don't hate? I don't hate vests.

Hi, I'm Francis, and thats Grandpa Bill and theres ZOMBIES out here, open up the god-damned door!

This is Kyuubey

06-04-2009   #38 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I'm thinking this game is going to be the same infection at the same time storyline-wise as the other only this one tells of another group.
We might get more or less the amount of information of the other group as Issac and friends did in the first Golden Sun.

I wonder if the witches are gone. (wait its sunny so they are probably inside)

--Frenchbread is

06-04-2009   #39 (permalink)
sɪlvər

No, they start to roam the landscape, searching for fresh blood and gore.

This is about a week after the first L4D.

The infection is turning the infected... Into like real zombies..

This is Kyuubey

06-04-2009   #40 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this seems more like... what should be downloadable content. Or a dinky expansion. I don't think this'll be worth $50 if they sell it at that.

They probably saw how much popularity L4D gained and thought it'd be best to churn out a sequel as soon as possible. Too bad it doesn't seem very much like a sequel.