Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters
Default Nintendo And Its Future

and heres another comic i just saw that gets the point across,its got abit of profanity,but it gets my point across.
Spoiler!

those comics made complete sense to me after i read them.
basically,what Nintendo is doing is looking to expand their games for the younger generation or to make it easier for everyone to play
heres an example
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/game...al-gamers.html
will nintendo simplify every game just to appeal to the masses,while shunning the old school players?
now,nintendo is a great company,and they still make great games,this doesnt apply to every game that comes out.
but it just seems like something to come up in the future,and its a bit worrying.
or not,
its just my take on it.

Last edited by DemiGodDanzig; 07-25-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

XORaccoon is on a distinguished road

Lol the comic is funny. Hopefully it won't happen. ~__~ I'm not that concerned at whether the games are going to be easy though. Just as long as it entertains me with something.

07-25-2008   #3 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

That comic was sad... :[ Hopefully, Nintendo won't mess things up too badly...or at all. :]

07-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

It'd be a lot nicer if Nintendo would get more T/M rated games on their consoles.... That's where MOST of the good games are. Sure, some E games are nice, but you can endure it only SO much until you want some bloodshed. And violence. And destruction.

The only game I can think of off the top of my head that's a good M rated game on the Wii is RE4.

07-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough

haha,we can only hope that they dont become money grubbers and dont forget its all about the games and gamers.
though theres a sorta small chance of that happening.
but nintendo isnt like other game companies,its just what i've observed recently /=

but yah,more games for the older generation would be great.
i mean,many of us grew up with nintendo.

07-25-2008   #6 (permalink)
PolandSpring wut!?

KuroKoden will become famous soon enoughKuroKoden will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to KuroKoden Send a message via Yahoo to KuroKoden
IGN: KuroKoden

comics good, but I won't die anytime soon for nintendo

07-25-2008   #7 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

The Wii needs some RPG ackshunz, srsly. D;

07-25-2008   #8 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

I don't think that the mature T/M rating market needs to be developed for the Wii, pointless :x

Just get an Xbox 360 and buy something like that Gears of War.

Nintendo is very ... conservative in their gaming nature and the games they present. Sony and Microsoft do very little compared to Nintendo's way and leave it up to the gaming companies.

07-25-2008   #9 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

im not saying it needs gore or over excessive blood,
just something that isnt all cutesy and happy.
or something /=

07-25-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Here's a less cynical view on the whole casual gaming debate.

Half-counter-argument, half-neutrality, all-reasonable.

07-25-2008   #11 (permalink)
PolandSpring wut!?

KuroKoden will become famous soon enoughKuroKoden will become famous soon enough

lol i loved it

07-25-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I don't see what the big deal is. Wii is a casual gaming system and a gateway to more hardcore games (how do non-gamers, a misnomer, become gamers). The fact of the matter is that there was/is a huge market of people that like all of us wanted to "play" but the games either didn't appeal to them or the system was too intimidating. Wii has broke that down- hell even MY mother has a wii and her kids (obviously) moved out years ago. Why should those people who want to play games, just as much as us traditional gamers, be denied?
That doesn't mean they have forgotten completely about their hardcore gamer fans but they are taking a backburner for some time while the casual market evens out. We still all have our DS's and mario kart, zelda, metroid,smash bros, etc - why are people so fired up about the other 50% of the populous getting their turn with the games?
Also, it's not like we don't have our ps3 and xbox 360 to keep us satisfied. I see no problem with nintendo diversifying the market, as a long standing hardcore gamer I still own a wii and still find it enjoyable to play- especially with my busy schedule.

Kitty Empire Forever

07-25-2008   #13 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

Nintendo will always have Zelda, Metroid, Mario, starfox, pokemon and wii sports to live off of.

07-26-2008   #14 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

lol @ E3 comic. i don't think it will happen like this tho but they are in for a long wait thats for sure.

07-27-2008   #15 (permalink)
PolandSpring wut!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
I don't see what the big deal is. Wii is a casual gaming system and a gateway to more hardcore games (how do non-gamers, a misnomer, become gamers). The fact of the matter is that there was/is a huge market of people that like all of us wanted to "play" but the games either didn't appeal to them or the system was too intimidating. Wii has broke that down- hell even MY mother has a wii and her kids (obviously) moved out years ago. Why should those people who want to play games, just as much as us traditional gamers, be denied?
That doesn't mean they have forgotten completely about their hardcore gamer fans but they are taking a backburner for some time while the casual market evens out. We still all have our DS's and mario kart, zelda, metroid,smash bros, etc - why are people so fired up about the other 50% of the populous getting their turn with the games?
Also, it's not like we don't have our ps3 and xbox 360 to keep us satisfied. I see no problem with nintendo diversifying the market, as a long standing hardcore gamer I still own a wii and still find it enjoyable to play- especially with my busy schedule.

That was like so great!

I almost tear'd Y.Y

07-27-2008   #16 (permalink)
He who laughs, lasts.
Games
Loong - The Power of the DragonLeague of LegendsProject BlackoutCabal Online
Awards Pervert Award

Crave is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Crave
IGN: Cravey#1907
Guild: DiabloTalk

Maybe we old-school gamer's just became too advanced for nintendo?

07-27-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

HennaIkimono will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Here's a less cynical view on the whole casual gaming debate.

Half-counter-argument, half-neutrality, all-reasonable.
That makes perfect sense, so us "hardcore" games are the "nerds" from back then.
Justice, Il 60458
Flat Lick, Ky 40935
Paint Lick Ky 40461
Flower Mound, Tx 75022
Cumming, Ga 30040
King of Prussia, Ga 19406

07-27-2008   #18 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
I don't want the more hardcore games to completely take over, I just want the Wii to support a DECENT amount of them. I'd settle for 3 good ones released a year.

07-27-2008   #19 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:

Agreed. Thank you.

Nintendo has always been, in my observation, about fun and simplicity. Their main market for the past 20 years has been kids. All these "hardcore gamers" of today played those simple fun games back in the days when they were kids.

Mario, Track and field, Tetris, Burger time,Excite bike, Double Dribble, Zelda the list goes on. These are the simple, "nonviolent" games of yesteryear that most of us grew up on. Sure, there were violent games in our time, Like Contra (oh god), double dragon, and final fantasy, Megaman, Mike Tyson's punch out.

But every kid i've known has always wanted or had a game boy. Nintendo has always appealed to kids, with games like Donkey kong, Kirby and pokemon especially.

Nintedo isn't taking a huge step away from how they were. They still want to keep their fanboys enough to remake/make new games for us older kids. Hell, that's what Super mario Sunshine, Ocarina of time, Metroid Prime, and heck, Super Smash brothers. Even pokemon got remade a million and one times.

Remember: Not everyone will want to or can play things Like Halo, GTA, Twilight Princess, Dynasty Warriors, Hitman, Onimusha, Devil may cry, Persona or whatnot. And the video game industry will suffer and die if "non-games" are alienated and no casual games rea made for the average Joe or little kid.

07-28-2008   #20 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

I was surprised that F-Zero wasn't mentioned in the conference, I think it's been due for a while now.