ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand Chase

Rippedshadow is on a distinguished road
IGN: Rippedshadow/Colm(134)
Class: I play too many games to name them all. to_raccoon
Level: 0/1-4X
Default Rumble Fighter

So, anyone play it? till LaTale comes out I'll be biding my time on this one. In my opinion, heres the pros and cons:

Pros: A simple fighting game, fun to do, levels don't matter, interesting set of classes, colorful equipment and other items, exocores and sacred scrolls are different play styles, not just a stat boost, very beginner-friendly, and most of the items are able to be bought with in game money.

Cons: Some people are hard to deal with, items in shop are high priced, money is hard to get (quickly), some sacred scrolls are shunned, sometimes making it hard to decide what to buy, some of the better items are cash required, and people with cash from the start have rather large advantage over non-cash users (evened out depending on free-players carat income(carats are in-game currancy) and skill levels).

I probably got something wrong, but from my view the cons aren't that bad exept the "hard to earn money quickly" one... as someone with 100k would be "hella pro", or "A rumble fighter addict" to poorer players. Discuss the game?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

BrokenKarma is on a distinguished road
IGN: Nostalgic
Class: Trapper
Level: 41

I used to play this game like a year ago lmao.
If you want to make money quickly, just go to one of the intermediate rooms what co-operate to farm money. Most commonly, they are named {insert form on money here} Farming.
Basically, a group of 6 people walk up to the top of the moving map and either start fighting at the top or just wait for time to run out. If all members wait for time to run out, money is distributed equally. If not, its basically a last one standing ; more money rule.

Got boring for me after I got my Wolf form, after that I basically just pwned everyone in there :]
So I quit =P

Have fun with your money making and playing :]

Dragonica [ IAH ] : 44 Trapper [ Elga ] / IGN : Nostalgic

07-25-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand Chase

Yea, only problem is the item prices for scrolls and exos... I mean, it's hard enough getting 10k, but I found out I needed like, 30k for everything I needed or probably more then that... *sigh*

------------------------

Sorry if this has been done already but...
I just wanted to start the discussion since it probably won't start itself. Also, free cookies and drinks for people that discuss it!

Last edited by Chesters; 09-08-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

09-08-2008   #4 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Please make only one thread for a game in this forum. Thank you! (also note, bumping rules do not apply here as long as its for a good reason that you're bringing back and old discussion)

09-10-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Pentao
Class: (Dagger) Ruin Walker / Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: 18X / 14X
Guild: Syndicate [Leader]

If you're just starting off... Ninjitsu (Soul Fighters), Shidokan (Alchemists), and Kung Fu (Strikers), are all good and relatively cheap scrolls. Kobudo is pretty good too, but it's not very newb-friendly since it's a juggle style.

The REAL cons of the game are the "NHAA" rooms, or "No Hit At All." These rooms are ones where people just do nothing until the time runs out for 2-3 rounds to get about 80 carats or so. Tehse games are clutter and are useless. You do not gain skill by entering these, and the game is a game where you should be fighting anyway. One of the best things to do for money actually, is to enter these rooms, kill everyone, take first place, then kick everyone out. It's not evil at all, in fact it's more like doing your part for the RF Community. Though the RF Community has a lot of annoying people anyway, though most play NHAA games anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by scrolls getting ignored. Jujitsu is underused because it's cheap and there's like a billion other things to get, Murekwon is underused because... well... it's inbetween the low and high priced items, but Murekwon is by no means a bad scroll. Lots of people buy the various carat scrolls except for Jujitsu, Murekwon and Taekkyon. Taekkyon because people either prefer Taekwondo, or because they don't want a kick spam scroll. Everything past Muay Thai is overused, except maybe Shaolin (which is odd since it IS a very good scroll). Well, there is ONE scroll that's completely underused, and that's Karate. Mainly since Karate is slow moving and hard to get good at.

Exocores are pretty fun, but if you're doing a 1v1, you shouldn't use your exocore unless your opponent does too. It's just proper kindness and stuffs. Carat-wise, all the carat exocores are decent, and some are very good (Martial Arts Soul), but the astro ones are just absurd at times. For example, Blade Spirit basically overshadows Youngblood Wolf in EVERY perspective, since it's got better range, damage, specials and it can juggle better.

Money is earned at a relatively slow pace, about 1000 carats an hour if you're doing decently. Yeah it kinda sucks, but if you don't like it, try to get a carat doubler thingy.

If carats got you down, don't worry too much. Just got for a scroll first, then either an exocore or clothes. If you've no acess to astros, an exocore isn't THAT important anyway. Strikers come with a very good one from the start too.

Also I call BS on owning with Youngblood Wolf when you have Zin Taekwondo <_<.

09-10-2008   #6 (permalink)
wants your bucket

Pharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to all
IGN: Pharoe
Class: Cannon lt_guardian
Level: 100
Guild: Moogles

US and Canada only Q___Q

09-10-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand Chase

to chester: I'm sorry for double creating a thread, I didn't know it still existed. I'll be more careful thanks to that.
to penteo: One thing is certain about me, I'm in love with taekwondo, but when I get a decent amount of carats, I'll have some more variety. my only big decision now is figuring out whats next: an alchemist exocore, all use exocore, or a new class. Other then that it's good for me. I laugh at punch scrolls besides boxing, jeet kun do, dragon, and shoot, mainly shoot. pressuring them till they drop their guard, although people hate that, works amazingly well. I may throw in a PK*delay*K combo to see how that works out. Really my only hate is getting killed first and/or landing 6th-8th.
Dark assasin, Striker, Swordmaster, Dragon Knight, Crossbow(wo)man, Warlord, and Fighter.
Elsword (HK)
Magic Knight (Elsword 2nd job, "magical" branch)

09-10-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippedshadow
to penteo: One thing is certain about me, I'm in love with taekwondo, but when I get a decent amount of carats, I'll have some more variety. my only big decision now is figuring out whats next: an alchemist exocore, all use exocore, or a new class. Other then that it's good for me. I laugh at punch scrolls besides boxing, jeet kun do, dragon, and shoot, mainly shoot. pressuring them till they drop their guard, although people hate that, works amazingly well. I may throw in a PK*delay*K combo to see how that works out. Really my only hate is getting killed first and/or landing 6th-8th.
Er first, it's Pentao. No big deal though.

Anyway you still have to becareful with TKD. TKD isn't auto-win against Punch scrolls (the ones you didn't mention I mean), and by the way, Jeet isn't a punch scroll, and Dragon isn't mainly punch either.

Punch Scrolls are: Boxing, Shoot Boxing, Renegade, Default, Jujitsu, Street, Kobudo, Ninjitsu, and that's all I can think of at the top of my head. By Punch scrolls, I mean the ones that have such bad kicks, or have kicks that are so inferior to the punches, that the scroll revolves around punches, with the exception of boxing, since only shoot has a kick anyway.

Taekwondo's main weakness is how glaringly obvious it is because of it's massive overuse. The standard fare of a Taekwondo user is to kick three times, stop, then either re-combo or grab. The 4th kick doesn't delay well, and thus TKD gets broken at that point rather often.

If you stop at the second kick, the recovery still isn't good enough to warrant going into a grab, thus you'll still be able to be punished. One kick, and one kick only, is bad in general. Doing all four kicks on someone guarding, as you probably know, is a bad idea.

Taekwondo's true saving grace is the PKK, because you can actually have some mix ups with delay. Punches recover a lot quicker, thus you can mix grabs in better. However, this is not to say to avoid using TKD's KKKK combo.

Furthermore, Taekwondo has another noticable weakness - priority. Despite it being one of the highest priority low level scrolls, it, obviously, has mediocre priority to other scrolls. Expect to always lose clashes against Muay Thai's knees, Taekkyon's Kicks, and actually, a lot of other kicks. Even KOBUDO'S kicks (which are insanely high priority actually), will beat you out. Play smart, drift, grab, confuse.

Alchemists are kind of bad at drifting without stat bonusses for speed, and aside from their astro exocores, they have crappy exocore options other than Martial Arts Soul. While their huge arm helps a lot if you stack it, it might just be better to pick up Striker or Soul Fighter.

Oh and if you're curious, My Scrolls are:
+Muay Thai (1st Scroll I ever got. My favorite.)
+Geumgangtu (My 5th scroll. My second favorite, and probably best scroll in 1v1s.)
+Koroshu (My 3rd scroll. My fourth favorite, it's powerful and useful for team games.)
+Jujitsu (My 4th scroll. My third favorite. The punches pressure like mad, and kick-spamming [just the first kick] is fun.)
+Street (My second scroll, and my least favorite. I just use this as a joke sometimes. Spamming the first kick like Jujitsu gets me results at times though.

Exocores (I have all classes, male and female):
+Blade Spirit
+Ninja Spirit
+Martial Arts Soul
+Basic Soul Fighter
+Psychic Charger
+Thunderstorm Charger
+Psy Force (Basic Elementalist Soul)
+Basic Striker Soul
+Basic Alchemist Soul

I'll post a picture of my character later I guess. More people should learn about this game.

09-12-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand Chase

I know about the not auto-win, it still takes skill, but it's main useful features are
1: it's KKKK combo sends people INSANELY far away, and is fun to pretend to edge then repeat and edge.
2: It does pretty good damage for what it is.
3: It looks cool, well, to me at least.
4: if a person is dumb enough, they'll fall for PK *delay* K combo, but doesn't happen often for me.

Also, good for you on scraping up the cash to buy astros, or finding trustworthy traders to get the items.
Dark assasin, Striker, Swordmaster, Dragon Knight, Crossbow(wo)man, Warlord, and Fighter.
Elsword (HK)
Magic Knight (Elsword 2nd job, "magical" branch)

09-12-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippedshadow
I know about the not auto-win, it still takes skill, but it's main useful features are
1: it's KKKK combo sends people INSANELY far away, and is fun to pretend to edge then repeat and edge.
2: It does pretty good damage for what it is.
3: It looks cool, well, to me at least.
4: if a person is dumb enough, they'll fall for PK *delay* K combo, but doesn't happen often for me.

Also, good for you on scraping up the cash to buy astros, or finding trustworthy traders to get the items.
lol yeah, I actually only traded from Geumgangtu. Koroshu and Blade Spirit I got for free.

IMO TKD's PKK combo is a lot better than you give it credit for. And while KKKK is good distance, it doesn't match up to the juggle scrolls, lMao Gong or Muay Thai.

Rumble Fighter is pretty balanced as a game though. Aside from Exocores, you can win against like, anyone, 1v1, so long as you can trap them in mix ups.

And here's my character.

Last edited by Pentao; 09-14-2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Showing my character.

09-30-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

BrokenKarma is on a distinguished road
IGN: Nostalgic
Class: Trapper
Level: 41

lol i dont use youngblood no more =P

shoot & blade FTW
gimmer ur ign pentao and ill 1v1 u sometime?

Dragonica [ IAH ] : 44 Trapper [ Elga ] / IGN : Nostalgic