LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Techer | Force | Bouncer | Fighter 75 lu_eir
Default [DS] Dengeki Gakuen - Cross of Venus

Quote:
The player assumes the role of an unnamed protagonist attending Dengeki Academy who stumbles into a fight between heroines from Dengeki Bunko novel worlds and the evil organization Zetsumu. The reality-based world of Dengeki Academy and the novel worlds have become connected and the player is able to help the Dengeki Bunko heroines fight the Zetsumu by going between the worlds. Eight heroines are presented including Shana from Shakugan no Shana, Kino from Kino's Journey, and Kana Iriya from Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. Each heroine fights with her own unique style of weapon, combos, and special attacks. The protagonist is designed by Kouhaku Kuroboshi, and his childhood friend Kizuna Kasugai is designed by Noizi Ito.

I love crossovers. And just like Kingdom Hearts, this is equally as awesome. The premise is that some evil organization is screwing around with (Dengeki's) world characters and somehow, are now connected to the "real" world. Your job is to assist the heroines and restore the story back to its rightful plot.

HARUKA~~~!!

/spoiler
Disturbing images aside, the protagonist instantly gets thrown into Kana (Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu)'s world together with Shana. It's the pool scene, and someone has decided to drain all the water, causing Naoyuki unable to teach Kana to swim (I think?). Shana and the protagonist must restore the water to the pool and run into some bad guys in suits along the way (bad guys must always wear suits)...
/end spoiler

The battle system is similar to Tales's, except you control one (+2) characters, and support characters. Attack is A, Defend is B, Special is Y, and Switch Character is X. To chain combos, you have to switch characters midway through attacks.

You can also get Support Characters... but I haven't gotten any yet (Index, Haruka, etc.) So yeah. Support Characters are able to equip cards that, via the touchscreen, cause a myriad of effects on the battle (ie. Scan, Heal, Summon, etc.)

Just started, and addicted already :>

KANA GET~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

Will play this when I finish with Tales of Hearts.

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

05-22-2009   #3 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

I agree, crossovers are fun.

I just love them.

05-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Stop making me annoyed about not owning a DS. x_x

/Jealousy

05-23-2009   #5 (permalink)

Houseki has disabled reputation
IGN: Kanade
Level: --
Guild: --

oooh nogizaka haruka xD

btw is the game out?

05-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all

Yes the game is out... here's the list of featured series:

To Aru Majutsu no Index
Tora Dora!
Kino no Tabi
Asura Cryin'
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Shakugan no Shana
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

05-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

This game makes no sense at all. Wouldn't the universe implode from awesome if Kino, Dokuro-chan, and Index ever met?

PLOT SPOILERS:
Spoiler!

05-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Dokuro-chan makes this a must play. EXCALIBOLG.

05-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Looks awesome, trying out. Too bad no English patches... well not from what i see anyways.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

05-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

OMG....
i am so going to use Index...
*hug index*
but i need to get the english patch first if there is one..

05-24-2009   #11 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute

Index is a Support character, so you can't actually USE her. She basically has a deck of four cards (you can change) and you select these cards to affect the battles (healing, etc).

05-24-2009   #12 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

There is obviously no English patch because it's not a "mainstream" kind of game that would garner enough interest for that kind of project... it's not recommended you play this game if you can't read Japanese fluently unless you'd just like to guess around and look at pretty pictures. You'd miss out on the amazing storyline!

EDIT: Started the game, this is some weird stuff... seems a little on the plain and not very well-done side since I just finished playing Tales of Hearts.

Last edited by Azusa; 05-24-2009 at 05:45 PM.

05-24-2009   #13 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Question!

Which stat is what? Can't read for snaps so clueless on what the 4 stats are.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

05-24-2009   #14 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka
There is obviously no English patch because it's not a "mainstream" kind of game that would garner enough interest for that kind of project... it's not recommended you play this game if you can't read Japanese fluently unless you'd just like to guess around and look at pretty pictures. You'd miss out on the amazing storyline!

EDIT: Started the game, this is some weird stuff... seems a little on the plain and not very well-done side since I just finished playing Tales of Hearts.
Lies, games can still be fun if you can't understand them! . . . . . It's just that if it's an RPG you'll /wrists if you can't find a guide. No, really, if you can get through an RPG without knowing what to do, I will give you a....GOLD STAR.

They should've added the male counterparts as well D=...

05-25-2009   #15 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Say hi to Horo, guys :>

Last edited by Kotarou; 05-25-2009 at 03:31 AM.

05-25-2009   #16 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold

Damn it..
i want to play it so bad...
but i want to understand it...

05-25-2009   #17 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Got my fourth party member... Say hi to Kino! (Kino's Journey -The Beautiful World-)

NEXT IS INDEX! :>

"To Aru Majutsu no Index~"

EDIT:
Points for anyone who can guess this scene from Index.

Last edited by Kotarou; 05-25-2009 at 05:15 AM.

05-25-2009   #18 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

yes..
i do remember that scene..
lol
Question, can you use Tōma in the game?

05-25-2009   #19 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Unfortunately, no =_=; His Imagine Breaker would've come in handy.

I just beat the crap out of Styl Magnus, and now I'm going to

Follow Index to the Ends of Hell. :>

Finally, a support character. LOL

Last edited by Kotarou; 05-25-2009 at 05:50 AM.

05-25-2009   #20 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

that was pretty fast..