LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-24-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

John is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to John
IGN: Jonathan
Level: 2x
Default Florensia John's Review

Ok so heres a little review about florensia so that you may get encouraged to play it,it a pretty good game and it kick @ss.

Florensia its a 3D MMORPG similar to perfect world,WoW and that kind of games,so what make florensia different?? Ships!!! yeah we ll get to that later meanwhile I ll star explaining the basics.

Here is the Character Selection Screen,I think you may have up to 6 players but I only got 4,1 of each class.

Then,this is the character creation screen.I won't give the details about each class,intead of that you can see them in the screenshots:

Explorer:

Mercenary:

Saint:

Noble:

Ok thats about the main screens,now on to the game
There are a lot of things to do like quest,grinding ,fishing,etc

Let's Talk about grinding first,well grinding is not that hard as in other games,but it's a must even at first levels since quest dont give that much exp earlier in the game,I got to level 5 in like 1 hour but you can probably do it in less time if you know what to do...but I didn't.
The combat system its pretty similar to perfect world and ASDA one click on the monster to select and then another to start attacking or you can use one of the skills to start the fight.

This is my fighting a frog

In your face lara croft!

After you kill the monster you have to go near the corpse to get the items,and theres an autoloot mode to make things easiear,so you just get near the dead monster and click once and automatically get all items it dropped,Thats pretty useful!!instead of picking them up one by one...you never know you may get buttsmecks while picking stuff up =/.

Oh now about fishing...fishing seems to be the only activity to do at the moment other than fighing,you need a rod and bait and the skill for it ... yeah you need to waste 5 precious skill points on it,but its needed for some quest so its well worth it.

Ok lets move to stats:
Here you can see your lvl,exp,class,stat points etc.
There are 7 different stats:
Strength:Increases all physical damage incluiding ranged
Dextery:Increases Attack speed and evasion.
Constituion:Increases Defense, max HP and HP recovery.
Luck:Increases Critical damage
Intelligence:increases Magic Attack and physical attack of skills
Wisdom:increases max MP and MP recovery
Will:Increases Critical rate

See there theres 2 levels?
One with 2 swords emblem and the other one with a rudder?
Well the firt one its Land level,in other words your character level,you level up by killing stuff on land,and the second one its you Sea level or you ship level,you level up by killing monsters while in your ship.

Then you have Ship stats,i dont think theres a lot to explain:

and actions,they are kinda like Smilies:

now the items and equipment screen,you can have 3 different weapons equipped at a time(hell yeah) and you can switch between weapons by
pressing R,about the items you get to bags(probably more in the future,but when you start you get two)

Options,window size,music volume,quit game etc.

Skills: Skills are divided in two sections Land Skills and Sea skills.

Land Skills: are the ones of your character:

Sea Skills are the ones of your ship:

Now Let's talk about quest,well as i said before quest dont give a lot of exp or money at the beginning,so if you you tought you would be lvl 10 by the end of the tuturial,you don't.
This is the quest window,with the quest information:

And this is the quest details,so you just see what do you need to do instead of reading the whole dang story of the npc.

Ok now lets go to the trademark of florensia...Sailing yay!!
You have to meet this weird old pirate Npc Named Stephen to get your first ship and buy more ships if you want,also you can buy ship part! to pimp your ship! Dang rite!

After you are done Pimpin
you can go talk to Ash at the Dock and you will see your ship docked:

Here you can hire a new crew,repair your ship return to land or sail,your crew affects you ship speed and handling your weapons loading time and the time you can sail,if your crew gets tired and hungry you have to go back to land or you ship's speed will decrease and it ll be a pain in the ass to control,you start with a crew of weak wimps mother fackers,but you can buy stronger crews
but of course the stronger crew(full of asteroids consuming,strong sailors) cost a lot to buy and maintain, yeah you have to give them food!cough and steroids cough jk,but you do have to feed em,you can buy food with ash btw.

ok now lets explore the seas!!

see those navy blue parts?? thats your weapon range,you can only fire your cannon within those spots,but you can also can have your crew to fire their weapons if the monster or ship gets close to yours.you control your ship by pressins W(forward),A(left),D(right) and S(stop)...that takes me to next and final rant...
its so dang hard to control!!!come on,especially when trying to hit a target,you have to lowered your speed and have a bullseye to hit a target,cause it need to be in the dark blue spots remember? and if it moves while shooting the cannon you are screwed,the monster will go aggro even if your miss and it will start raping your ship and crew,and it will take some time to get some speed to run away so your only option is to use your crew's shotguns to kill the mother f.. and its really anoying to get back to the dock to repair your ship,but anyways there are different types of ships as classes,some are fast but weak,others are stronger but very slow so try to party when you are out in the sea,especially if your going to another island and you will have to travel a very long distance,cause theres aggro monsters like pirate ships that will rape you and your wimps crew and then trow you to the sharks.
Anyways thats pretty much its all aspecs about the game,if you have any other doubts please post here and i ll try to add more stuff.
now about my rate for this game..dun dun dun

Graphics:5/5
Graphics are awesome,and the fact i can play this game with my Geforce 7000M its even greater :3.
Sound: 3/5
its ok,its not repetitive to the point to bother you,but its not that catchy to whistle the songs during the shower either :P.
Controls 2/5
The controls for your character are ok,but when it comes to sailing...may the sailor cookie god protect you,why cant you control your ship with the mouse!?!?!? wryyyyyyyyyyyy D:
Server: 4/5
theres some moments when I lag,but it's pretty good as long as 20 or more people start spamming skills at the same time D:,but the servers are hosted in Germany so what did you expect?
Difficulty:3/5
Grinding is not hard,but the it come to sea grinding IT's Hell D:<,and the fact there are not many quest to level up sucks.

Overall i would give it a 8 out of 10
the game its awesome,and you can deal with its flaws,and they will probably improved em with future content.

Last edited by John; 07-24-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-24-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

XORaccoon is on a distinguished road

Seems like a good game. I'm downloading it right now. O_o But I haven't found any sites for it yet. Wanna show me around 8D?

07-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

you mean like fansites?I havent found any,i think theres one but its russian.
sure i can show you around,make your char in Pardoic,my main IGN: Milanor

07-24-2008   #4 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

flo's an awsome game.
could be the best game i've played to date.
and i've played a lot.
tho its a bit early to tell.
im on us server [pardoic]
lv 25 dual gun explorer XD ign - TriggerHappy
finnaly made a guild today woot.
so taking new recruits ^^
the only downfall to the game i see is that you need a fairly high spec pc with a graphics card that has shader support.
im probly gonna shell out some money on a better gaming pc but hey it will be worth it ^^;

btw if you press M and get the full size map up, hover your curser over the npc sign - like hammer ofr blacksmith etc, it tell you the npc job and name.
and i find quest xp to be adequate, just run around town getting all the quests you can, head out, kill a load of crap, then when you repot run around talking to all the npcs again, you often gain 20-30% and pick up a bunch of new quests to repeat the process

Last edited by Moonflow; 07-24-2008 at 02:20 PM.

07-24-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Cougan will become famous soon enough
IGN: Mitsuko
Level: 17

Nice review there.

I'd love to join a guild on there, but I'm on the european server and don't think the characters transfer over. Soo any european guild add me ?

I'm a rifle using explorer lvl 19/9 atm.

Shipwise, the 2 I've tried -

The assault ship handles really well in water, quick turning and shots. With a nice speed harpoon thrust forwards to get you outta/into danger :P

The torpedo ship... wow. Has a HUGE range forwards and if even 1 of the 2 torpedos strikes something you're probably looking at a 1HKO. Plus its quick to recharge. Though the ship itself seems to handle sluggishly.

Last edited by Cougan; 07-24-2008 at 04:58 PM.

07-24-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

yay i just switched to assault ship :3 its good
guys support my request so that we can have a florensia section:
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/game...html#post75008

07-24-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

XORaccoon is on a distinguished road

I gave up on the game and uninstalled it after I got to level 2. ._.

07-24-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Johri is on a distinguished road

Oh I didn't realize you could switch ships? I thought ship type was determined by your class. Man if I knew it sooner I wouldn't have put so much effort into the default saint ship (aid) and leveled with sea mines

07-25-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

These are some notes I made about explorers the last version - might help anyone wanting to try this class. I made use of the handy resets Going to copy and paste -

More of a personal referance from what I gathered at end of CB3 but might be useful to you. Not perfect builds but from my own experience they work.

Thing is for all these builds I'd suggest leaving every attack skill at level 1 and max all your buffs/passive skills - yes including wind wing.

Rifles/Dual Pistols
Full STR - Add naval levels to WIS or CON as you wish.

This build you add 1 point into the pistols tree to learn move + shoot. Then continue down the rifle tree. You start combat with your weak pistol stun then switch to rifle to kill. This is my build and works well for leveling, soloing boss and PVP.

Rifles/Swords
Full STR
Could well be the best build. Use rifle to lure monsters (power skills such as shooting and rifle strike for damage) then switch to sword for stun and quick finisher. Beauty is STR works well for both weapons and you have the perfect quick strikes/power strikes setup.

Pistols/Swords
2 STR, 1 DEX all NAVAL levels to DEX
Well aim of this build is to get fast hits that still deal damage and have a decent critical/knockdown and avoidance. You're a more balanced character and hit fast and hard with a fair amount of stun skills.

I wouldn't worry too much about DEX or VOLUME in any build from what I've tried myself. If you plan to use a sniper avoid volume completely - rifles don't crit as often as pistols and the damage is lower than a str build anyway. Learning the accuracy increasing skills mear nullifies the usefulness of DEX.

I'll add that the pistol skills in general are weak. Random shot in particular is disappointing.

Skills such as wind wing and hit chain are pretty excellent and suggest maxing them.

Reason I suggest leaving ALL attack skills at level 1 is because the damage increase is not worth the huge MP costs as they level, we're talking about 300+ MP on some! Maybe think about it when you're high level.

Last edited by Cougan; 07-25-2008 at 12:31 AM.

07-25-2008   #10 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Fishing is mainly used in the upgrading system. The various colored butterfly fish are made into oils and are needed to upgrade weapons and armor. Upgrading is really handy, since it adds stats other than def:

Weapons add physical and spell attack power
Tops add defense
Pants add magic defense
Gloves add accuracy
Shoes add evasion

Upgrading to level 1 is usually a 100% chance, and your equipment can't break until after level 3. It can still fail, but only the upgrading materials will be consumed.

As far as ships go I like using the ironclad. It's special can be spammed really fast, but you need to be up close to do good damage with it. It's HP is much higher than the other ships of course. Plus from what I can tell from the shop, the medium sized versions look awesome <3

07-26-2008   #11 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

i don't like the control (atking and looting). i had to spam left clicks and my char just stands there don't know if its lag or not. so i gave up atm and went bak to SoTNW.

07-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
i don't like the control (atking and looting). i had to spam left clicks and my char just stands there don't know if its lag or not. so i gave up atm and went bak to SoTNW.
you need to use right click to loot and attack,or you can double left click to fight,but to loot you need to right click,or push X

07-26-2008   #13 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

The game's nice so far... though its rather hard to locate the quest monsters lol T___T

Anyways... I'm currently playing in the EU server.
Ign : Teysa.
lvl : 10.

And oh hey I saw sinh?
Spoiler!

07-27-2008   #14 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
you need to use right click to loot and attack,or you can double left click to fight,but to loot you need to right click,or push X
theres also an auto loot option in the game controls.
yu still have to right click or prexx X to issue the command but if there is more than one item it loots them all and prevents said spamming on the button.

07-27-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

yeah o.O thats on my guide too lol

07-28-2008   #16 (permalink)
Vinyl Side Up

AurorasParadox has disabled reputation

Is it just me or are mercenaries easier to level as compared to explorers?

Oh...and I just love the fact that you can "queue" the skills... its a very nice function imo.

07-28-2008   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurorasParadox
Is it just me or are mercenaries easier to level as compared to explorers?

Oh...and I just love the fact that you can "queue" the skills... its a very nice function imo.
yeah i ve seen more high lvl mercenaries than any other class,and the queue on the skills is cool

07-28-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Ah well I like my explorer :P

I hear saint is the easiest class, going off the forum. With the highest level being 38. But with power like that they might get nerfed in future.

Also.. we're making a guild in the LuxPlena server later today hopefuly. Anyone welcome to join.

07-28-2008   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

how are GMs in luxplena?are they more professionals than in pardioc?

07-28-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Those are not GMs though.

Scouts are like the game sages you see pop up in other online games, basically a normal player meant to answer questions with a few powers to boot/silence bots, gold sellers etc.

Though half of em here seem power hungry lol. Best thing ya can say is that at least they're always around :P

Only GMs I've seen were Simone and Achim, and they're fairly cool.