04-19-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack
Default Achron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official website
Achron is the world's first meta-time strategy game, a real-time strategy game where players and units can jump to and play at different times simultaneously and independently.

More info here.

This has got to be the most innovative thing I've seen in a game in like the last few years. Too bad it's still pretty early in development though :/

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that earlier last week. I so don't wanna play it. My mind will be exploded from thinking about parallel universes and messing with time and dimensions.

It's a cool idea. Just brainhurt.

04-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Kyan is on a distinguished road

Are we expecting to see some Ralin hax strategies? I am going give it a try ^_^

Thanks for the heads-up.

04-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

That seems to be a little confusing, hopefully by the time they get into the later development stages they can make it easier to manipulate and easier to understand.

I didn't see the point to the timeline, simply because once a fight happens in the past, you will always continue to fight and send units into that time period. That would make for a long game, especially since you can change the outcome of the previous battle.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

04-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

If I understood correctly

Build unit
Send unit back in time
Now you have 2 units

??

04-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

^: Yes, however, if you try to alter the past unit's actions such that it does not go back in time (e.g. use it to attack), the version that went into to the past will spontaneously cease to exist when the time wave carries over changes made.

04-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

This game will either be friggen awesome, or crash and burn. I like the idea, and seems like it could really mind rape you. I didn't get the "build a unit in the future so it'll be in the present" at first, but I wrapped my brain around it and understood.

It'd be kinda weird though when you destroy something in the past. What if by destroying a unit training camp in the past, you are unable to build in the future to prevent an attack from the present. Let's say the other enemy teleported to the past during the present's attack. Would all your units in the present built by that unit factory suddenly dissapear or something?

...I....sdfsafasdfads mindFFFF. I still like the idea though.