ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-31-2009   #21 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Metty's Avatar
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,038
Blog Entries: 26
iTrader: (0)
Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
The KOTOR MMO better not have the fail battle system from the last 2 games. Seriously, I just went for dual lightsabers, and got the skills that gave me extra attacks. I beat the shit outta everything in that game within seconds. So damn overpowered >_>...
Its not KoTOR its just The Old Republic.

Also @ WALL OF TEXT comparing WoW to EQ:

Compare apples to oranges more please.



Also paragraphs, read about them.
__________________


Last edited by Metty; 03-31-2009 at 01:31 PM.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-31-2009   #22 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Kenzor's Avatar
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: where
Posts: 2,852
iTrader: (0)
Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor
Default

why is being to play longer before commiting suicide a good thing??????????? in the end the suicidal person still commits suicide...from playing a game - which isnt something to be proud of

but i do agree with the fact that most MMORPGs suck now, although i dont like the way u worded it to make it sound like 'EverQuest is the best game evaaarr'
 
03-31-2009   #23 (permalink)
LolWut?
TehAwesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Over The Rainbow
Posts: 834
iTrader: (0)
TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road
Default

You were really biased in ur whole rant. Should have been a bit more open-minded, since you haven't really tried all the games out there. It's true though, most MMORPGS are really failing now.
__________________
Shnao, Thanks for TehAwesome Signature!
 
03-31-2009   #24 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro
Goldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,147
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (0)
Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default

Lmao chill guys I know possibly there are better games but IMO as of right now, no MMORPG can say shit about the game. Give me a name of any MMORPG P2P F2P B2P W/e and I will try it out. Once you've played 1 good MMORPG in my opinion everything else is just shit. Take note that this post is my opinion, share W/e you want to say just keep it clean when you flame me. You can't say I haven't tried a lot of the MMORPGs out there (I have) I truely only play those games that are getting a lot of praise and turn out to be garbage (some games are descent) but like RoM, give me a break that game is garbage total WoW rip off.

Do not get me wrong on this there were a lot of MMORPGs out there that in fact were good back in the day but now there are just too much immature stupid kids playing it pisses me off in EverQuest you couldn't make it in the game for being a arrogant little A-hole you needed to be mature enough to play, MapleStory use to be fun (My opinion) and TO use to be fun as well, now it's just like Meh too many scammers and bad community. Like I said it's all about making money, why can't you make money and have a good game Jeez WoW did it and EverQuest did it why can't other people live up to the reputation, might as well take out all the bad MMORPGs out there anyways.

Hmm that's enough from me.

Last edited by Goldie; 03-31-2009 at 06:41 PM.
 
03-31-2009   #25 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,002
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Communities ruin everything.
__________________
 
03-31-2009   #26 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro
Goldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,147
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (0)
Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default

Like I said EverQuest was community based in a sense, No retards ruining everything. You ruin a raid your done end of story no one will want to raid for like a week, 1 person messes up everyone does. You can't throw a tantrum and mess up because you got pissed for some reason no way people will hate you and basically tell you to GTFO. That's where MMORPGs lost their fun, MMORPGs are always fun when you play and interact with people when there are idiots flooding the community it just ruins everything, why do you think they called it Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games they might as well cut it down to nothing because MMO and RPG have honestly lost it's taste.

EDIT: Obviously you guys are not getting it when I mentioned the addiction part people are saying WoW is so good lets play 2 days no EverQuest people got sucked in thats how good it was fueled on coffee and 3 days playing was the way of life, that's how freaking awesome it was. People are just burnt out for playing 10 years if EverQuest generation were to come back it would be freaking Blizzard off the ladder of success.

Last edited by Goldie; 03-31-2009 at 06:52 PM.
 
03-31-2009   #27 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,414
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute
Default

People have different opinions. So EverQuest was "good", some people think Trickster is good. Hell, I think people still like Neopets.
Point being, you say potato, I say tomato.
__________________
smorgasboreds
 
03-31-2009   #28 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,002
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Wait, so if you messed up in Everquest, you'll basically be an outcast for a few weeks?
__________________
 
03-31-2009   #29 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro
Goldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,147
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (0)
Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
People have different opinions. So EverQuest was "good", some people think Trickster is good. Hell, I think people still like Neopets.
Point being, you say potato, I say tomato.
That's not the point, Don't care if you like Carebears and I like Barney no, just saying the Point of MMORPGs has been lost completely. Plus Neopets was NEVER an MMORPG. It's all about money and loads of crap, people forgot how to make good games. I was just using EverQuest as a very good example of an MMORPG, feel free to use your own example.

EDIT: Like I said it took maturity to play that is what builds a good community, all of you who have played an MMORPG must of encountered playing with a arrogant little 12 year old I'm stereotyping but ya people like that who would be always like swearing at everyone and just being a dumbass No none of that you would have to be very mature. Want an example fine here is an example.


This is exactly what I'm talking about this is just WoW

Last edited by Goldie; 03-31-2009 at 07:06 PM.
 
03-31-2009   #30 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,414
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Neopets is a MMO. It's a role playing game, since you are role-playing as a Neopet Owner, and since Neopets CLEARLY don't exist in real life, you're role-playing. And last time I checked, it's massive, multiplayer, and online.

And again, EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION.
__________________
smorgasboreds
 
03-31-2009   #31 (permalink)
Planeswalker
RoflKnife's Avatar
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,002
iTrader: (0)
RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default

Uh....that video is a terrible, terrible arguement. Leeroy Jenkins.

You do know, that video was a promotion, not a real video? They staged that.
__________________
 
03-31-2009   #32 (permalink)
situation walkspace
mamoru's Avatar
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,073
Blog Entries: 123
iTrader: (0)
mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks
Default

I think you take games too seriously. People getting pissy and holding a grudge for a week because one person made a mistake in a game? What the heck, that doesn't sound mature at all to me. It sounds like a bunch of elitist jerks that need to loosen up. Morons exist everywhere, but I find that if you join a good guild, you'll have lots of people you can chat with and do stuff together. If you can't find one, make a guild yourself. Should you have to cross out a game and mark it as trash because people in the first training area ask for money and curse endlessly? If you have fun, I should hope not. I wouldn't let them bother me.

EDIT: inb4chillguise

Last edited by mamoru; 03-31-2009 at 11:04 PM.
 
03-31-2009   #33 (permalink)
LolWut?
TehAwesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Over The Rainbow
Posts: 834
iTrader: (0)
TehAwesomo is on a distinguished road
Default

^ I agree, if you like the game and there are idiots out there bothering you, it's called ignoring them. You don't have to start arguing and yelling at them, that would be the immature choice. You shouldn't have to quit a game just because there are a couple of idiots in this world.
__________________
Shnao, Thanks for TehAwesome Signature!
 
03-31-2009   #34 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,175
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default

goldie, i like how you avoided my post
my post basically takes care of every one of your posts in this thread

YOU do not have the right to determine what defines a "good" mmorpg
you're living under the delusion that your standard is THE standard
it is your OPINION that "immature kids" ruin community
many people can argue that immature little kids is ESSENTIAL to a good mmorpg community
and you say "the point of mmorpgs" has been lost without stating what the point is
what is the point of mmorpgs and how do things like "swearing at everyone" and "all about making money" ruin that?

btw, it is so ironic how you say that EverQuest's community is better than other communities
while you present yourself as completely biased
you want EverQuest players to be seen as biased?
__________________

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 03-31-2009 at 09:19 PM.
 
03-31-2009   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
Skiegh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,104
iTrader: (0)
Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+
Default

I rub my temples in frustration at your arguments. I'm just going to be blunt and disregard any proper sentence structure because I am not in the mood.

You talk about the community being so important and then you say you thought Maple story was a good game!? I won't rant on how much I hate maple story but I know for a fact that it's community is completely horrible. From my experience, pay to play games generally come equipped with less idiots. Free to play games are more often than not filled with a lot of morons. Regardless of that though, idiots are in every game and from what I recall from my brief Everquest experience, there were idiots there as well.

A community is part of games and it is diverse in both games and reality. You're going to meet idiots, morons, people you like and people you want to like. If you go out on the street and start making conversations with people, odds are you will meet a few people you don't like. 12 year olds and gaming is common because it is a children's hobby and with gaming being publicized a lot more now than it was before, it is very common.

You want to know why Everquest wasn't filled with children? It's because for the majority of younger children, they didn't even know what it was-- let alone had a computer able to run it.

Finding a good community is entirely up to you. You can't expect to walk into a bar and make friends with everybody. You need to find a group of people that you enjoy being with and I have yet to find a game where I couldn't find at least a select few people that I enjoyed being with.

I could go on on the community thing but my mind drifted to another topic.

Quote:
people forgot how to make good games.
I'll say that what makes a good game is opinion but let's make a few notes. A community has a huge effect on me on how much I enjoy an MMO. I have played MMOs that sucked a lot but because I played them with a group of friends from the get-go, I found them quite enjoyable. (perhaps you should try it)

However, if you were to base an MMO on being "good" based on it's content and game play like you would a regular game than my experience with gaming would differ. While I would normally say my favorite MMO is Lineage 2 because of the amazing experiences I've had with it-- if we were to alter our perspective to good content than it would easily switch.

To me, I'd honestly have to say that the game with the most content and gameplay aspects would surprisingly be Final Fantasy 11. The combat is very FF like and reminds me of playing 2 players in FF4. (Remember that!?) It has a good community which are very helpful and from my experience amazingly nice with the exception of the naked Mithras. It's a very party oriented game to the point where you can barely solo at all but it being a FF game, that makes sense, you always got your ass handed to you when you only had one member in your party in a console FF. It also has very difficult boss fights which I found amazingly enjoyable. It has a story and cutscenes, quests that make you actually do something other than kill blah blah blah, instances and overall a very large amount of content. So much so that I quit the game because I couldn't do it all because I focused too much on leveling.

I'd honestly recommend City of heroes/villains over any other MMO though. It's enjoyable and fun but again-- that could be because I played it since day 1 with friends I've known since I was 10. (I only played with them, rarely with any randoms)

Couple facts about CoH/CoV:

-Somewhat active time combat system
-Steady experience curve. (Would never call it a grind but I always enjoyed the game and rarely noticed my experience)
-Decent amount of content which may feel like a lot to a person who hasn't been around for all the releases on the day of release.
-Community is a bit iffy sometimes but overall not bad
-Interesting upgrading method which doesn't utilize equipment but rather power ups which you choose yourself.
-Some comic book stories which any fan will enjoy.
-Majority of the game does not require any specific setup of powersets (Classes if you want to dump them as that) and you can solo a good percentage of the game if you wanted which moves me on to...
-Ability to alter difficulty based on how many players you have in your party and what difficulty you set your game to. (At an NPC in-game)
-Large amount power choices.
-A lot of unlockable content which comes with playing.
-Soon to come is a mission editor which allows for players to customize enemies of their own, missions, stories and the like. The missions which are made can be played by anyone and will actually give experience since CoH has a very well designed difficulty to experience reward system.

Could go on...


If you want a unique game play MMO than play Lunia. It's basically gauntlet legends given a combo/skill system, made into an MMO and given an anime make-over. The PvP plays like a top down fighter so if you're into fighting games, Lunia is awesome and PvP is a huge aspect of it because it is so skill based.
__________________
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."
 
03-31-2009   #36 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Javier's Avatar
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Carolina/Singapore
Posts: 2,260
Blog Entries: 3
iTrader: (0)
Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando
Default

Well he/she makes that community sound like a bunch of elitist pricks; make one mistake and you're lolnoob4life. Doesn't sound very mature at all, just sounds like a 'games r srs bsness' crowd.
__________________

It's the nature of my circuitry.
 
03-31-2009   #37 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,175
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyy
Well he/she makes that community sound like a bunch of elitist pricks; make one mistake and you're lolnoob4life. Doesn't sound very mature at all, just sounds like a 'games r srs bsness' crowd.
that's why it's ironic
she's complaining about bad game communities while making the community she's a part of look bad
__________________
 
04-01-2009   #38 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Metty's Avatar
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,038
Blog Entries: 26
iTrader: (0)
Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie
That's not the point, Don't care if you like Carebears and I like Barney no, just saying the Point of MMORPGs has been lost completely. Plus Neopets was NEVER an MMORPG. It's all about money and loads of crap, people forgot how to make good games. I was just using EverQuest as a very good example of an MMORPG, feel free to use your own example.

EDIT: Like I said it took maturity to play that is what builds a good community, all of you who have played an MMORPG must of encountered playing with a arrogant little 12 year old I'm stereotyping but ya people like that who would be always like swearing at everyone and just being a dumbass No none of that you would have to be very mature. Want an example fine here is an example.


This is exactly what I'm talking about this is just WoW
That video was staged, anyone whos seen it and played WoW knows that. I did UBRS (place in video) many thousand times back in the day that room was piss easy when done right. Druids CCing mobs throughout the entire instance ftw.

Signed,
Pro Drakisath (last boss in there) Kiter and tank.
__________________

 
04-01-2009   #39 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Kenzor's Avatar
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: where
Posts: 2,852
iTrader: (0)
Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
many people can argue that immature little kids is ESSENTIAL to a good mmorpg community
true fact, i like it when people on Grand Chase flame me for beating them in pvp, and im just sitting there reading what they're saying and not replying so its like they're flaming to a brick wall xD
 
04-01-2009   #40 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Ethane's Avatar
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Texas, Baby
Posts: 936
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (2)
Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
you're role-playing.
I'm not defending neopets or any other mmo here but there's a big difference between just playing an MMO and actually role-playing in an MMO

for instance, from the Eve RP community (I am so sorry for this)

Quote:
To be honest, I could care less about the plight of the Intaki people. They stuck with the federation and helped them attack and oppress us. They deserve every bit of what they're getting. The Federation was built on Caldari blood, and everyone who didn't resist it along with us is a traitor to the State and deserves to be punished for allowing the federation to ravage our sacred Homeworld. I hate every last federal soldier and politician and every last apathetic citizen of the federation who ignorantly keep them in power. I will laugh and dance when the might of our State scorches your worlds and you receive just retribution for your crimes.

For Race and State!
that's an actual quote from a serious roleplayer in regards to a game where your character can't ever leave his/her ship or ever land on a planet or whatnot

anyway if you honestly roleplay in your favorite mmo do yourself a favor and go outside
__________________
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


zOMG!
Need a new browser game?

Try 

zOMG!

Rating:  

6.4
Hide this banner by registering for our community.