ggFTW Moogler

Raukue will become famous soon enough
IGN: Satsuyo
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 14x/21x
Guild: «Firefly»
Xfire: Raukue
Red face Pokemon Nostalgia

Maybe a thread has already been made before but... I can't take it anymore.

These past 2 months, getting nostalgia from the old pokemon games. Being Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. The graphics, the music, the memories... all the time spent on there back when I was younger. Pokemon make me more nostalgic than anything else!

Anyone else feel nostalgic when thinking about the old ones for Gameboy? Create that darn feeling of warm, happy and yet depressed in a way? So tough to handle...

( On a side note, nostalgia probably protects games that even today people say it's good but probably not so much anymore and seems overrated. Not the pokemon games though. Thinking of other games. )

Anyway just wanted to let that out and let other share at their feelings of pokemon.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

I miss my first pokemone game @.@. I used to play Silver like freaking crazy and I had a great team even though I didn't even level them up or play them as most players nowadays would say is "correct".

It was also funny because I would keep leveling up my Sudowudo thinking he would level xD. I got so disappointed when it never did D:

I really wish they'd rerelease it again but that won't happen. It's not the same with using an Emulator.

03-18-2009   #3 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

i like pokemon yellow. Didn't have to hunt in the forest for hours for a pikachu.

03-18-2009   #4 (permalink)
No good next to diamonds
Games
Neo SteamValkyrie SkyTrickster OnlineTribal Wars

JoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud of
IGN: Pinfire
Level: 50

Pokemon Yellow and Silver ;_;

....those were the days.

03-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

TraderJoe will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cleveritis
Class: Meister
Level: 88/26
Guild: FrenchBread

I actually tried to restart my gold version for kicks yesterday, but I dishearteninlgy found out that my save battery is DEAD so it can't hold a save anymore.
;_;

g/s remake for ds faflksdjfkjsdlf yes plz

03-18-2009   #6 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

red/blue > *

03-18-2009   #7 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TogSawks
i like pokemon yellow. Didn't have to hunt in the forest for hours for a pikachu.
"Pikachu does not want to evolve, because hes a stupid *****"
Trades it over to blue.
"Pikachu evolved into Raichu!"
Trades back. Flips off Yellow cartridge.

03-18-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJoe
I actually tried to restart my gold version for kicks yesterday, but I dishearteninlgy found out that my save battery is DEAD so it can't hold a save anymore.
;_;

g/s remake for ds faflksdjfkjsdlf yes plz
They should remake Gold and Silver for the DS, yes. Even though it won't feel the same as it did back in the day, it would still be nice to have. I read the Gamespot interview thing about Pokemon Platinum and one of the responses from those who work on Pokemon were that they were saving things for a future title. Dunno if it will be a completely new game or a remake.

Notice on GameFAQs how seems only Gold and Silver has reached that 9.0 score. All others are 8.9 or below. Besides Platinum being a 9 at the moment, it might go below a 9 once it comes out and more people rate it.

Also notice the dates Red/Blue were released and ones to follow. G/S came out about 2 years later. R/S came out was about a 3 year difference. Then to D/P was about a 4 year difference. So we can pretty much expect a new pokemon game in about 2-4 years. Those time differences seem so short yet so long.

But yes, nothing can bring back such a feeling. Even if I were to play the old ones it does not feel the same. That is how nostalgia is after all.

03-18-2009   #9 (permalink)
Spinspinspinspin.
Games
Angels OnlineAsda StoryAtlantica OnlineAudition

SpinSpinBunny will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to SpinSpinBunny
IGN: Kennet
Class: Elemental Master (Fire) lt_mage
Level: 11x
Guild: CorruptSilence
Xfire: kittyboom

My first pokemon game was...eh...Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen...then I got Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness....then my friend gave me his Pokemon: Yellow....Then I got pokemon D/P and I traded in FR/LG
...To keep my mom from pawning my Yellow I hid it behind my gamecube LOL.

03-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

I played:
Red [emulator/rom]
Blue [emulator/rom]
Yellow [emulator/rom]
Green [emulator/rom]
Gold [emulator/rom]
Silver [emulator/rom]
Crystal [emulator/rom]
FireRed [owned]
Diamond [owned]

?

03-18-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
we should all play shoddybattle
It's not the same fuzzy feeling

03-19-2009   #12 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

my first pokemon game was silver

i wanted to play it again a couple of moths ago but it's broken now ;_;

03-19-2009   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I first started the Pokemon series with Blue. And it was really great. I then moved to Gold, which was my favorite game. With all that beautiful music and stuff. May have been the easiest version, but man was it hella fun. Too bad it's save battery is broken too. XD
I really do want a Gold remake though. That'd be so cool. I personally liked how the trainer looked. He wasn't so generic imo. He actually wore clothes that people would wear. Now in Pokemon games it's all like, "WHO WOULD OWN THIS STUFF??". Oh well. /waits for "White Gold".

@Jono: Shoddy only covers D/P. We'd have to play NetBattle and play in the R/B/Y or G/S/C.

03-19-2009   #14 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

I liked pokemon games with a buttload of secrets. I remember being the envy of my whole class for catching Entei in Gold when the 3rd movie came out. Such awesomeness..

03-19-2009   #15 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Silver and Gold were my favorite, I had gold and my bro play silver, so that made us a good combination xD

There were really a lot of memory, such as my bro at one point got stuck on the ship (forgot name), and didn't know that he has to go to room to sleep to continue (at the end he gave up and re-start the whole game lol xD);

and in Gold I leveled this Sandslash to lvl 89 (I gave up on 4X% on way to 90, it was just too hard...), and I still remembered all 4 techniques it used...lol he was unbeatable beside water type pokemon, almost all pokemon get 1hko from ANY of my techniques lol

Sadly, neither of our 2 games are around now, I lost my Gold somewhere in the house, as for Silver...the out of internal battery thingy erased my bro's save and he can't play it anymore...then it got lost too ;-;

P.S. if they remake gold and silver, I'd really prefer they just make it in the quality of GBA version (like Ruby and Emerald), I'm not really into the 3D effect in Pearl and Diamond

Last edited by Blizt; 03-19-2009 at 02:58 PM.

03-19-2009   #16 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I personally don't care. I think the 3D would compliment it. But either way I'd be satisfied. I'd also like if you couldn't EV train in it, just like the old days. But I know that won't happen. xD

I just liked how Pokemon was Pokemon back then. If you fell asleep you were screwed. Wrap was "strong" with a fast Pokemon. And the music, was beautiful.

03-19-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

If they remake Gold and Silver, it would most likely be in 3D which I am fine with either way. Because no matter the graphics in the remake, it won't feel the same, but would still be nice anyway. No game feels the same when you play it even out of nostalgia, after all.

03-19-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
yeah it is

or at least we should start battling
I love Shoddy, it's pretty fun and it takes away the tedious training aspect but, it doesn't have the nostalgia.

03-19-2009   #19 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Played Pokemon Yellow, gold and ruby then finally Diamond.
I loved Yellow. I always hated trying to solve all the secrets and puzzles when going around in Silph Co. and the music in there is <3. I also trained a Charizard to lvl 98 but never bothered getting it all the way to 100. I still have Yellow and it still works.
For Gold, after I beat the game I trained my original elite four killing roster all to lvl 100. I loved my dragonites <3. Unfortunately the internal batteries dead so I can't save anymore.

I WANT A REMAKE WITH ALL THE ORIGINAL CRAPPY PIXEL GRAPHICS AND THE SEXY MUSIC

03-19-2009   #20 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

I washed my Yellow cartridge.

Now it jams the Game Boy.