ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Pokemon Nostalgia (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/42305-pokemon-nostalgia.html)

Raukue 03-18-2009 03:22 AM

Pokemon Nostalgia

Maybe a thread has already been made before but... I can't take it anymore. :py06:

These past 2 months, getting nostalgia from the old pokemon games. Being Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. The graphics, the music, the memories... all the time spent on there back when I was younger. Pokemon make me more nostalgic than anything else! :py11:

Anyone else feel nostalgic when thinking about the old ones for Gameboy? Create that darn feeling of warm, happy and yet depressed in a way? So tough to handle... :py64:

( On a side note, nostalgia probably protects games that even today people say it's good but probably not so much anymore and seems overrated. Not the pokemon games though. Thinking of other games. )

Anyway just wanted to let that out and let other share at their feelings of pokemon.

CursedScar 03-18-2009 03:40 AM

I miss my first pokemone game @.@. I used to play Silver like freaking crazy and I had a great team even though I didn't even level them up or play them as most players nowadays would say is "correct".

It was also funny because I would keep leveling up my Sudowudo thinking he would level xD. I got so disappointed when it never did D:

I really wish they'd rerelease it again but that won't happen. It's not the same with using an Emulator.

ZeR 03-18-2009 05:50 AM

i like pokemon yellow. Didn't have to hunt in the forest for hours for a pikachu.

JoyDivision 03-18-2009 09:49 AM

Pokemon Yellow and Silver ;_;

....those were the days.

TraderJoe 03-18-2009 10:05 AM

I actually tried to restart my gold version for kicks yesterday, but I dishearteninlgy found out that my save battery is DEAD so it can't hold a save anymore.
;_;

g/s remake for ds faflksdjfkjsdlf yes plz

Kowiz 03-18-2009 10:08 AM

red/blue > *

Metty 03-18-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TogSawks (Post 760351)
i like pokemon yellow. Didn't have to hunt in the forest for hours for a pikachu.

"Pikachu does not want to evolve, because hes a stupid *****"
Trades it over to blue.
"Pikachu evolved into Raichu!"
Trades back. Flips off Yellow cartridge.

Raukue 03-18-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraderJoe (Post 760562)
I actually tried to restart my gold version for kicks yesterday, but I dishearteninlgy found out that my save battery is DEAD so it can't hold a save anymore.
;_;

g/s remake for ds faflksdjfkjsdlf yes plz

They should remake Gold and Silver for the DS, yes. Even though it won't feel the same as it did back in the day, it would still be nice to have. I read the Gamespot interview thing about Pokemon Platinum and one of the responses from those who work on Pokemon were that they were saving things for a future title. Dunno if it will be a completely new game or a remake.

Notice on GameFAQs how seems only Gold and Silver has reached that 9.0 score. All others are 8.9 or below. Besides Platinum being a 9 at the moment, it might go below a 9 once it comes out and more people rate it.

Also notice the dates Red/Blue were released and ones to follow. G/S came out about 2 years later. R/S came out was about a 3 year difference. Then to D/P was about a 4 year difference. So we can pretty much expect a new pokemon game in about 2-4 years. Those time differences seem so short yet so long.

But yes, nothing can bring back such a feeling. Even if I were to play the old ones it does not feel the same. That is how nostalgia is after all. :py06:

SpinSpinBunny 03-18-2009 04:09 PM

My first pokemon game was...eh...Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen...then I got Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness....then my friend gave me his Pokemon: Yellow....Then I got pokemon D/P and I traded in FR/LG
...To keep my mom from pawning my Yellow I hid it behind my gamecube LOL.

LiLMewmew 03-18-2009 04:14 PM

I played:
Red [emulator/rom]
Blue [emulator/rom]
Yellow [emulator/rom]
Green [emulator/rom]
Gold [emulator/rom]
Silver [emulator/rom]
Crystal [emulator/rom]
FireRed [owned]
Diamond [owned]

:py01:?

iARE1337 03-18-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jono (Post 760885)
we should all play shoddybattle

It's not the same fuzzy feeling :(

Poople 03-19-2009 11:29 AM

my first pokemon game was silver

i wanted to play it again a couple of moths ago but it's broken now ;_;

james 03-19-2009 01:38 PM

I first started the Pokemon series with Blue. And it was really great. I then moved to Gold, which was my favorite game. With all that beautiful music and stuff. May have been the easiest version, but man was it hella fun. Too bad it's save battery is broken too. XD
I really do want a Gold remake though. That'd be so cool. I personally liked how the trainer looked. He wasn't so generic imo. He actually wore clothes that people would wear. Now in Pokemon games it's all like, "WHO WOULD OWN THIS STUFF??". Oh well. /waits for "White Gold".

@Jono: Shoddy only covers D/P. We'd have to play NetBattle and play in the R/B/Y or G/S/C.

Coffee 03-19-2009 01:41 PM

I liked pokemon games with a buttload of secrets. I remember being the envy of my whole class for catching Entei in Gold when the 3rd movie came out. Such awesomeness..

Blizt 03-19-2009 01:52 PM

Silver and Gold were my favorite, I had gold and my bro play silver, so that made us a good combination xD

There were really a lot of memory, such as my bro at one point got stuck on the ship (forgot name), and didn't know that he has to go to room to sleep to continue (at the end he gave up and re-start the whole game lol xD);

and in Gold I leveled this Sandslash to lvl 89 (I gave up on 4X% on way to 90, it was just too hard...), and I still remembered all 4 techniques it used...lol he was unbeatable beside water type pokemon, almost all pokemon get 1hko from ANY of my techniques lol

Sadly, neither of our 2 games are around now, I lost my Gold somewhere in the house, as for Silver...the out of internal battery thingy erased my bro's save and he can't play it anymore...then it got lost too ;-;

P.S. if they remake gold and silver, I'd really prefer they just make it in the quality of GBA version (like Ruby and Emerald), I'm not really into the 3D effect in Pearl and Diamond

james 03-19-2009 02:16 PM

I personally don't care. I think the 3D would compliment it. But either way I'd be satisfied. I'd also like if you couldn't EV train in it, just like the old days. But I know that won't happen. xD

I just liked how Pokemon was Pokemon back then. If you fell asleep you were screwed. Wrap was "strong" with a fast Pokemon. And the music, was beautiful.

Raukue 03-19-2009 04:07 PM

If they remake Gold and Silver, it would most likely be in 3D which I am fine with either way. Because no matter the graphics in the remake, it won't feel the same, but would still be nice anyway. No game feels the same when you play it even out of nostalgia, after all.

iARE1337 03-19-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jono (Post 761635)
yeah it is

or at least we should start battling

I love Shoddy, it's pretty fun and it takes away the tedious training aspect but, it doesn't have the nostalgia.