ggFTW Stalker

TraderJoe will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cleveritis
Class: Meister
Level: 88/26
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicta™
White Gold and Topaz could well just be working titles that Nintendo trashed while thinking of a suitable name, or they registered just to make sure no one else uses it.

For a G/S remake? Crystal Version covered it already, so chances of seeing one might be low.

On second thought, Crystal was for the Game Boy. Hmm...

@Trader: Eh?
Crystal wasn't exactly a remake. It was more of like an enhanced version like Yellow, Emerald, and now Platinum are to their respective series.

On topic, someone sent me this and I cried some more.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-24-2009   #42 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderJoe
Crystal wasn't exactly a remake. It was more of like an enhanced version like Yellow, Emerald, and now Platinum are to their respective series.
Crystal already summed up G/S. A port over to the DS would only be at best, but I'd love to see a remake of course.

03-28-2009   #43 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

For all we know they could be working on one right now, but they could be having trouble figuring out how to go about making it.
They know that the second generation was pretty much everyone's favorite, so they pretty much have to make it right or you get a whole bunch of people pissed (in a way).

03-28-2009   #44 (permalink)

Houseki has disabled reputation
IGN: Kanade
Level: --
Guild: --

i love playing pokemon yellow
but i lost my pokemon red a long time ago
B>pokemon red =p

Last edited by Houseki; 03-29-2009 at 05:08 AM.

03-31-2009   #45 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I'll trade you my Red for a Gold/Silver/Crystal. =D

04-11-2009   #46 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

SerpentRaptor is on a distinguished road

"Anyone else feel nostalgic when thinking about the old ones for Gameboy? Create that darn feeling of warm, happy and yet depressed in a way? So tough to handle..."

YEAH! I know EXACTLY what you mean. its such a nice feeling but so depressing at the same time, because we want to relive it and can't.

All these new pokemon and pokemon games SUCK. They don't have the "ish-ness" and feeling that the first few had. Pokemon is just another crappy cartoon now. But originally, it wasn't just an anime or a craze...it was a way of LIFE. SERIOUSLY. I lived and breathed Pokemon. And I was just the right age. When it got mega popular I was 10 yrs old...that's when you get a Pokemon license! I felt like Ash, on a quest...aw man, the memories.

The card game was so awesome (I've collected all the main craze trading card games, and they were cool, but pokemon again, had that ish-ness that the others didn't), the cartoon was watched religiously, and the games were so cool. I remember when Gold and Silver first came out, and we got confused and thought it was ONE game called "Gold and Silver". And a mate said "I probably won't get gold and silver, but I definitely will". lol.

Theres so much more I wanna say, but this'll do for now. lol.

04-11-2009   #47 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I don't think the new Pokemon suck, but I do agree that they don't give the same feel. I really don't care. I never was really into the Card Game. I was big on the games though, I still am.

04-11-2009   #48 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Ahh...let's see... I used to own Pokemon Red for Game boy. Classic...but I haven't been feeling nostalgic for it...oh well D:

04-12-2009   #49 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

For some reason I feel most nostalgic about Gold/Silver. It was so cool to have time of day effects, like how you could only catch certain pokes at night, and some would only evolve at night and so on.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

04-12-2009   #50 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

^
Only downside was that there was only one or two that would only evolve based on time.
I personally liked the idea of getting a move-type increasing power based on the day of the week from a person awkwardly named after the day.

04-12-2009   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Thuper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Thuper Send a message via Yahoo to Thuper
IGN: XsuperhipsterX (Chips)
Class: Raccoon -- Charm to_gambler
Level: 15x
Guild: Symphony

omg. i can't believe i didn't find a pokemon thread until just now.

Anyways, yes, i feel nostalgic everytime i go to This site or This forum **

For some reason, i stopped playing pokemon, which is a surprise considering i even keep a notebook on my pokes' stats, EVs, IVs, possible move combos, Breeds, and team themes. I LOVED pokemon. It was like, air to me. Every now and then, i try and redo my pokemon diamond. But it has something to it, that makes me lazy to go on when i get to ___'s gym. Maybe i loved the other Versions so much

Also, i'm kinda more nostalgic with Pokemon G/S/C than any other version. Maybe because, i feel like. It could be the BEST version ever if Nintendo gave it more effort and time. And maybe because most of the milestone features of Pokemon started with this Version (like the breeding / time of day). So whenever i breed something, i look back to G/S/C and go *sigh*.

Maybe someday, I can push myself to redo my Diamond and buy a Platinum. *hopes*

8D, Cheeps

** - is it legal to post links to Sites and Forums here? *feels like a nub*

04-12-2009   #52 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Yar it's legal. Don't worry. xD Unless that forum is like NSFW...

The big thing that pisses me off about D/P/Pt, is that those games you actually have to train your Pokemon outside of other trainers and Gyms. I remember in all the games before (not so much in R/S/E, but still), you could get by with levels earned from trainers and gyms. Not so much in D/P/Pt. But that's the only thing that bugs me really.

04-12-2009   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Thuper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Thuper Send a message via Yahoo to Thuper
IGN: XsuperhipsterX (Chips)
Class: Raccoon -- Charm to_gambler
Level: 15x
Guild: Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
The big thing that pisses me off about D/P/Pt, is that those games you actually have to train your Pokemon outside of other trainers and Gyms. I remember in all the games before (not so much in R/S/E, but still), you could get by with levels earned from trainers and gyms. Not so much in D/P/Pt. But that's the only thing that bugs me really.
Inorite. It's like, you're the toughest trainer in one area, then you move to the next area, and boom, everyone starts to make crap out of your team. ;-;

G/S/C ftw.

8D, Cheeps

04-14-2009   #54 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

It's really bad it Platinum, where the trainers are much higher than their D/P counterparts. I liked it a billion times better when I didn't have to spend 75% of my game time, which by the time I finish the E4 (in D/P/Pt) somewhere in the 20-30+ hours, training.

But I still love it~ as in the games, not the training part. >.>