Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road
Default Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

I was thinking of picking it up for the playstation 2, since now they have more available. :3 But the thing is, is it that much different than the sequel that I already have? More fun? Boring?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

I think the first one is funnier and has a way better plot. They did improve the gameplay for the second game a bit, but it's still just as fun.

Laharl >>> Adel

07-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Disgaea: HoD is a classic... Get it.

07-09-2008   #4 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Get it. It's freaking hilarious and well worth playing through just for the storyline. And the gameplay kicks ass to boot.

If you have a PsP though, you should get Disgaea: Afternoon of darkness as it has an added mode of play called "Etna Mode." I won't spoil it, but it's pretty funny.

07-09-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

I bought it. :3 Less than thirty bucks is a pretty good deal in my book.

Now just to wait... No way would I be paying 22 dollars for ups shipping. :/

07-09-2008   #6 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupo
I bought it. :3 Less than thirty bucks is a pretty good deal in my book.

Now just to wait... No way would I be paying 22 dollars for ups shipping. :/
Nippon Ichi/Atlus games never really go down in price...well, rarely. Under 30 is really a pretty good bargain for such a good game.

Good luck on trying to get the "perfect" ending. It's really hard D:

07-09-2008   #7 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Good luck on trying to get the "perfect" ending. It's really hard D:
Wait, perfect ending? You mean the ending without any ally kills isn't THE ending?

07-10-2008   #8 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
Wait, perfect ending? You mean the ending without any ally kills isn't THE ending?
That's the one, the one with the awesome ending that

Spoiler!

I love the Vyers ending. Mid-boss totally cracks me up.

07-10-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

It's going to take a while. :B It's coming from Hong Kong and it just shipped at 3 am... Coming regular mail. XD I know even from Californinia takes a long time.

07-10-2008   #10 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae

So.....why is it really hard to get the perfect ending?

07-10-2008   #11 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
So.....why is it really hard to get the perfect ending?
Because i know too many people who keep screwing up by killing their allies, especially through way of tossing enemies into the square your units come out of.

07-11-2008   #12 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

I've picked up every ending, and gotten Laharl up to Level 2500 or so in 150 hours before getting bored and moving on to Phantom Brave. Max level is 9999. Have fun.

<insert 'IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!' here>

07-11-2008   #13 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Disgaea.... I last remember considering a runthrough contest with Piru for Disgaea 2, but then got bored by day 2 and havent touched it since o.O? Not that its a bad game, I loved it D: But... Internet > Consoles :/ *Looks at dusty consoles*

モノノ怪

07-11-2008   #14 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun
I've picked up every ending, and gotten Laharl up to Level 2500 or so in 150 hours before getting bored and moving on to Phantom Brave. Max level is 9999. Have fun.

i have only one response:

Spoiler!

07-12-2008   #15 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun

Max level is 9999, but you failed to mention that stored levels go up to 186,000~ And yeah, multiply that by 10 characters, and multiply THAT to lvl 100 equips per character, and you got me~ 300 hours of game time and STILL not bored of it~ XD

Axe users are a pain to train though~

07-15-2008   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

It's so hard not to play Disgaea 2 while I'm waiting. :/ Maybe I'll get it by Friday or Saturday.