ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   The World Ends With You (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/2993-world-ends-you.html)

Kusuriuri 07-08-2008 02:58 PM

The World Ends With You

I miss the old thread. Lets start up TWEWY discussion again?

Also, while Im thinking about it; Favorite Chapter? Favorite Pin?

Kiara 07-08-2008 04:09 PM

Ahhh, I freaking love this game! x.x;; -is obsessed- My favorite pin would have to be Eyes Full of Light. I use that in almost every battle except for some bosses, since they won't stay still .-.

TWEWY is definitely one of my favorite games. The plot is really great, and it's pretty good for a DS game o: I thought the secret ending was REALLY, REALLY disappointing though x.x;;

Strikegundam 07-08-2008 05:00 PM

i can't play it on emu...
I HATE THIS >.<

Kusuriuri 07-08-2008 05:08 PM

If I remember right, there is an emulator that will play this (Well, there has to be, people have played the emu version of this ._.), I cant think of the name at this moment though q__q

SpinSpinBunny 07-08-2008 06:01 PM

xD My friend keeps spamming me to get Twewy x3

may get it soon =o

Fliplowfella 07-08-2008 06:32 PM

I've actually been thinking of getting this game, how long do you think this game will last me until i finish/get bored of it?

CountBlood 07-08-2008 06:45 PM

Meh to be honest this is the first time i heard of this game, all though im sure i've seen some pictures of the main character around here, and Mt. Meh whats the idea of this game..? is it based off a show >.>

Himichu 07-08-2008 07:11 PM

Subaseka/Twewy is a great game. I love it, the main story has a unique plot and the characters are fun. Another Day is just the best AU ever to happen in a game xD I've yet to complete everything in the game though xD

Sanichi 07-08-2008 07:13 PM

Kotaru played emu :o

Kiara 07-08-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountBlood (Post 43178)
Meh to be honest this is the first time i heard of this game, all though im sure i've seen some pictures of the main character around here, and Mt. Meh whats the idea of this game..? is it based off a show >.>

x.x;; I can't really think of a good way to explain the story without making omg!majorspoilers. You can search up The World Ends With You on Wikipedia to get a better explanation o: But then again, Wikipedia has omg!majorspoilers too.

In battles, you can control both the top screen and the bottom screen. (If you don't control the top screen, it will auto-play, but the computer's AI kind of sucks in my opinion.) The top screen is your partner, and the bottom screen is you. You use pins to fight, while your partner presses the arrow buttons to make combos, and you and your partner both share an HP bar. It takes some time to get used to. >_>

And also, you can shop for clothes(your equips,) and you can make the guy characters crossdress! 8DDD >_>

Bah, I probably make it sound like a really lame game, but I'm just not good at explaining these things D: It really is an awesome game. I swear D:

Loki 07-08-2008 07:21 PM

Favorite Pins has probrably got to be Excalibur, as for favorite chapter stiiiil undecided. Q_Q

This has to be the best DS game I've played to date.

Kusuriuri 07-08-2008 07:23 PM

Yeah. Spoiler alert.

The World Ends with You - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CountBlood 07-08-2008 07:27 PM

Well now im afraid to click it, so is there a way to play this on the pc lmao? i dont have a Ds

if not ill just read the spoilers <3

Kiara 07-08-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountBlood (Post 43282)
Well now im afraid to click it, so is there a way to play this on the pc lmao? i dont have a Ds

if not ill just read the spoilers <3

You could get an emulator, but like the others, idk which one plays it without a black screen x.x;; I'll let you know if I find one o:

Kotarou 07-08-2008 07:38 PM

What, this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...187/twewy1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...7/twewy2-1.jpg

DemiGodDanzig 07-08-2008 07:50 PM

it doesnt work on my emu,
its a supercard thing.
it goes in my DS.
i had to borrow my friends WEWY for a week /=

Tamiki 07-08-2008 08:02 PM

The game was ok, I guess. Only thing I leik was the music.

Kusuriuri 07-08-2008 08:20 PM

@Kotarou, Joshua chapter was my fav 8D

@Tamiki, I remember people saying in the last thread they didnt really like the BGM, but I can easily say I enjoyed it. And lol. Loveless avatar. /off topic

HennaIkimono 07-09-2008 06:16 AM

Still playing it (2nd to the last day). I think some the stragy is making decks of pins that work (and don't conflict much touchscreen activation wise) in battle

I love the music, certainly different (and modern) to a lot of the games I play (I have most of the songs on my PSP, lol)

Chobits 07-09-2008 12:37 PM

I don't want to sound dumb but the graphics are actually very unimpressive from those pictures and just not taking advantage of what the DS can offer, visuals-wise. :x

I'm sure it has wonderful gameplay and I'll try it out soon, though.