Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-13-2008   #1 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina
Default Buying/Selling GameID.

I'll sell my TO account for 40% of your bloods, or you can offer.

/lol...

Anyway, what do you think of buying or selling the account on most MMO? It's like, when someone is either addicted to the MMO, or he/she is too lazy to grind, and wanted to get a shortcut, by buying either fully equipped account or high leveled account. Mostly, they just get the high leveled characters, goes on pvp room, and waits there, like nothing to do, or just grinds more.

The other part, selling the account. There's this practices @ MMO, where he/she just leveling the characters, then sell them off to any players that willing to buy the account [refer to some WoW farmers/account farming], or post them @ ebay.

What are you guys views on these? Advantages? Disadvantages? Disturbing balance of the gameplay? Ruins the gameplay?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Creating an account then selling them. It shows that the gamer didn't play the game for fun at all, and it's kinda sad really. A game should be enjoyed, and selling an account is like throwing all those fun memories away.

That's why I never buy nor sell an account. I could never let go of my characters, nor can I have fun using someone else's

And regarding PvP, I have a whole new opinion on it, but I'd rather just keep it to myself

//Off-topic: Preferred blood type?

11-13-2008   #3 (permalink)
?!

XooSliceooX will become famous soon enough

40% too much. 20%?? *haggle haggle*
--
Err, if you do want a quick buck, you could sell accounts. Money for your time. But most of the time there's a thing in the ToS saying your accounts are property of [insert company name here], and selling it would be illegal, I think, since you're selling something not yours for a profit
And an MMO is for fun, waiting like an idiot or grinding madly has not much use. |:

11-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Juno is on a distinguished road
Guild: Athena

There's definitely a great potential for disruption in the community, since you're introducing people with no experience into the upper realms of the game. While it may not always be the case, people willing to buy accounts often turn out to be people who just want to exert power over other players. Usually people who a jerk to everyone won't get to such a high level, but if you're already there you don't have to tolerate anything =/

11-14-2008   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Katorskay is your worst nightmare!Katorskay is your worst nightmare!
Send a message via MSN to Katorskay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
Creating an account then selling them. It shows that the gamer didn't play the game for fun at all, and it's kinda sad really. A game should be enjoyed, and selling an account is like throwing all those fun memories away.

That's why I never buy nor sell an account. I could never let go of my characters, nor can I have fun using someone else's

And regarding PvP, I have a whole new opinion on it, but I'd rather just keep it to myself

//Off-topic: Preferred blood type?
not necessarily

I think its stupid to buy accounts because I like to use my own alias/es

But a person could play the game for fun, then grow tired of it, and sell it for profit.

11-14-2008   #6 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

\o/ Wat lol. B> Maple account to me = Youre too lazy to grind your own damn self, since the game is so grind heavy :x

モノノ怪

11-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

stoney is on a distinguished road
IGN: Stoney86 (GLunia)
Class: Sieg - Knight
Guild: Im my own army

I dont understand why someone buy accounts, being a newby is the best part of a game in my opinion, its all new and you got nothing, you got so much to build up to and I love that, I couldnt start a new game with maxed level, maxed gears, pure pwnage, will bore me same hour probably, I NEED MY NEWBIE DAYS.

As for selling accounts, why cant a person enjoy the game, grow tired of it, then sell it cause he/she knows they never gonna play this game anymore, sell = profit.

As for people really not having fun and just create accounts to sell, well, gotta give it to them: thats a good way to make fast money.

Last edited by stoney; 11-15-2008 at 02:37 PM.

11-15-2008   #8 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Well, take what you just said. The whole being newbie thing, etc etc. Thats why in general I dont approve of it? Ok, get tired of a game and sell your account, make a little money. What if they sell to a person that knows nothing about the game? There go those "newbie days" you were just talking about, right?

Srsly, if youre gonna sell your account, sell it to someone who knows what the hell theyre doing in the game, not some nubsauce.

Im still rather sour about when iWind sold his hax priest oh so many months ago to some guy who never played Trickster before >_> Went from a hax mage to a mage with hax things that couldnt be used properly to save their life =-=

モノノ怪

11-15-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

stoney is on a distinguished road
IGN: Stoney86 (GLunia)
Class: Sieg - Knight
Guild: Im my own army

Very good point you make there, you made me change my view on this selling account thing, cause, like you said, you do ruin the fun for a newbie this way,altho you both got an agreement here so if this person gonna buy an account this person should be aware of the fact they never will run thru the "Beginner" fase of the game.

But your right, people dont know what they get themself into and think "A lv 99 char with leet equips, sounds nice to start there" only finding out it ruined their good ol' moments (newbie days).

Last edited by stoney; 11-15-2008 at 02:48 PM.

11-16-2008   #10 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

I sold a few runescape accounts back in the day. I would level up pure range characters and sit them on eBay for a week, it made enough money to pay for a subscription account on my main. I tried to sell my main, but the top bidder failed to transfer funds. I haven't tried this with any game since.