Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road
Default Pay $20 to see your video game ending.

Basically, they want to eliminate the second hand market in the US by making it where if you buy used or rent, they'll charge you $20 for it. As usual, they claim they won't affect new buyers, but that's a crock of **** since some people end up with gutted copies; and it wouldn't surprise me if they get away with this, that they'll start doing it normally.

videogaming247 » Blog Archive » Capps: “We really need to make strides against the secondhand market”

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

That sucks for gamestop, but i buy my games used only because it's cheaper and my allowance isn't that good o.o

~Anton

11-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Quote:
omg the final boss, i finally made it

"please insert $20"

but i don't have $20...

"time left: 5"

but...

"game over"

d8!!!
. .

11-11-2008   #4 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the pirating community will find ways around that. Be it good or not. But it seems like whenever companies try to do something it ends up hurting normal people more often than whoever they were trying to originally target. (lol at spore)

I haven't gotten a game used before, though, so I hope that doesn't hurt me any.

11-11-2008   #5 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

We'll just BORROW them from friends who bought it retail then. That's even worse, we play the game AND no money was spent, doing nothing for the economy. Your choice developers.

11-11-2008   #6 (permalink)
?!

XooSliceooX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
We'll just BORROW them from friends who bought it retail then. That's even worse, we play the game AND no money was spent, doing nothing for the economy. Your choice developers.
QFT lol. That's just stupid, you take a second-hand game because it's cheaper, not to waste more money

11-11-2008   #7 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by XooSliceooX
QFT lol. That's just stupid, you take a second-hand game because it's cheaper, not to waste more money
What if they make it so that the game requires a satellite to pinpoint the exact location, and it can only be SET up once so you have to buy a license in order to move the game console, or otherwise the game..wait nvm your friend can come over to your house..

*cough*
agreed, devs are not smart at all

11-11-2008   #8 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what greedy bastards. That's like buying a movie that's missing the last 15 minutes, or a record that only plays the first two minutes of each song. If anything, this move gives pirates more market share.

11-11-2008   #9 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

this is idiotic
seriously
just no

11-11-2008   #10 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

Never, i love renting games =(

11-11-2008   #11 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

lol... yeah at gamestop most of our money is from used games. but a lot of people still prefer to buy new... and buying new you do get some extra perks. so if ppl have money to spend like that then let them...

besides big name games like Gears, Resistance, Fallout, the Madden games etc will always have buyers on first day.

11-12-2008   #12 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

If this happened five or more years ago I'm sure there would be cries of outrage from gamers everywhere. However, all this will do now is create more pirates; it must have been intentional, they can't really be that dumb.

11-12-2008   #13 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

So now lets eliminate any hope for the lower class to get stuff throwing us further into an economy crisis.

Next step for them is no more Used Car sales. Then no more Garage Sales. Then Thrift stores. Then....

Dumb idea.