Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold
Default Red Alert 3

Got some negative comments from the pals over at my design studio. In my opinion, looks like it was a rushed-up job.
1) Graphics, compared to previous RA releases, are more 'cartoony' and non-realistic.

2) There's a lag time between clicking, which seriously dampens gameplay and is very irritating. (one minute can select, next minute you can't. Order troops to attack or move to a location, they get unselected and auto-move back to your base)

3) The units are really imba, especially the Japanese commando unit.
Can't say what would happen to the Red Alert franchise after this. EA's got much work to do.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicta™
1) Graphics, compared to previous RA releases, are more 'cartoony' and non-realistic.
I assume that because of the oddity of the RA series, this was intended.

Quote:
2) There's a lag time between clicking, which seriously dampens gameplay and is very irritating. (one minute can select, next minute you can't. Order troops to attack or move to a location, they get unselected and auto-move back to your base)
On a really good computer? Or, is it a game technical issue?

In any case... Westwood > EA

11-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomsticky
On a really good computer? Or, is it a game technical issue?
Technical issue. Many others around the globe are having similar complaints too.

11-08-2008   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
It's made that way on purpose.
The RA universe, was created to be a very non-realistic, cartoon environment, which was meant more for fun then realism.
RA2 is a perfect example of that, things were really.. out there..

The Tiberium environment was meant to provide a realistic world, even with its fantasy story.
If you played the game, you would feel the difference between the two.

Generals I can't speak for, because I never read anything about it.

One of the reports probably written by APOC, mentioned that RA3 brings out the cartoon feel that the RA Universe always provided.
So that's not a flaw, but an intentional addition.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

11-09-2008   #5 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

I'm playing it on a modest Core2Duo 2.16ghz, 4gb RAM, GeForce 8600 GT, and I do NOT experience this click-lag time you speak of.

Pretty decent game, my only peeve is the stick-like acting in the Allies campaign. Yeesh, US president.

11-09-2008   #6 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
One of the reports probably written by APOC, mentioned that RA3 brings out the cartoon feel that the RA Universe always provided.
So that's not a flaw, but an intentional addition.
Hmm... sounds logical.

Point taken.

Anyone bought it, want to share your experiences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
I'm playing it on a modest Core2Duo 2.16ghz, 4gb RAM, GeForce 8600 GT, and I do NOT experience this click-lag time you speak of.
Odd...

My specs are around the same as yours, I wonder why...

Last edited by Light; 11-11-2008 at 11:17 AM.

11-09-2008   #7 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I don't tend to use the mouse to select units much? I usually just pick one, then use the W key to select the whole bunch of same units.

But still, I don't get the auto-go-back-to-base thing. :x

11-10-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

stoney is on a distinguished road
IGN: Stoney86 (GLunia)
Class: Sieg - Knight
Guild: Im my own army

Im really looking forward to this game, I know its released already but still have to wait for my copy.

As for the command and conquer series, C&C: Generals and Red Alert Yuri's Revenge are my absolute favs till now (still have to play RA3).
Playing China and build your army of hackers to make lots of money was awesome in Generals, I also like it alot in Generals that you have to choose your specific country/general and all country's/generals profided some other "special ability" (Like one has special planes, other has special tanks, special bombs or whatever) which was a good way to spice up the gameplay imo.

Playing yuri and take over other units is all I have to say about Yuri's Revenge. <3

Last edited by stoney; 11-10-2008 at 12:20 PM.

11-11-2008   #9 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Generals was an odd exception from the C&C series.

I lol'ed at the idea that RA3 has no nuclear warfare. Perhaps EA wanted to make a more 'environmental friendly' place to fight on.

11-11-2008   #10 (permalink)
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

Ra3 feels alot different than Ra2 IMO. The units were more solid in Ra2 and they are a little bit more simple. Each nation has its own special units, building garrison actually creates a very strong advantage etc.

RA3 is completely different. With max protocol, you can basically wipe your enemy clean in seconds. Each unit has its own special. Alot more crushing action, transforming action. things just die alot faster. Oh and the Apocalypse tank can't attack air... Nice co-commander tho

But its still fun i guess. I like the RA2 design and durability better tho.

Those Satellite drops aren't environmental friendly <_<

11-11-2008   #11 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

With the right protocols, you can render each other useless... that's why it's better to plan ahead and study your opponent's strength and weaknesses...

Ie. Dreadnoughts giving you a hard time? Chrono them on to land and watch them die. Same works for a big bunch of tanks coming to attack you with your pants down.

ie2. Enemy just chronoed tanks into your base? Magnetic them into space. LOL

11-16-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Just got back from buying this, never really got into RTS games, mostly cause I never could play online ( ), i'm gonna give this one a try

Also, had no idea but I got the premier edition, apparently 21,875 of 100,000 copies made. I get some bonus stuff that I don't care about like some special hat in Warhammer, a poster and bonus dvd

Also am guaranteed a beta key for the next game :0

11-16-2008   #13 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

I'm not even going to pirate this. RA2 was the end of the RA series. EA needs to make new titles for games that barely resemble their predecessors.

11-16-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Shade is on a distinguished road

I dunno, so far I'm liking this more than Red Alert 2. It's got alot more uniqueness and strategy into by giving every unit a special ability and a weakness, while in RA2, you could just mass apocalypse tanks or prism tanks and win the game with just that one unit.

I've beat the soviets campaign and am overall ok with them. I'm halfway through the allies campain now and they're starting to bug me... they're alot different, and aside from messing around with tanya and spies, the units are just kinda annoying to use. However,
Spoiler!

I haven't tried the "Empire of the rising sun" yet but from what I've seen, they're completely unique and interesting in so many ways.

Overall, having played and liked RA2 before, and if you can ignore the bad acting in the campaign, it's a pretty interesting and little unique RTS.

One thing I have noticed with my computer though is that the higher the graphics settings you use, the slower the units and everything moves. It got really annoyingly slow for me playing on high graphics, and low graphics seems to suit me alot better.

11-16-2008   #15 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I was most peeved with Tanya getting failure range.

Anyway, gameplay wise, yeah, you are now encouraged to mix your attack forces... You need Land - Land, and Land - Air or Air - Air units to attack a base. Why?

Because I FREAKING HATE A BUNCH OF CRYOCOPTERS.

11-16-2008   #16 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Oh nice, sounds like they put the CnC3 "New Strategy of Mixed units" into the Red Alert Engine.
One thing that always drove me up the wall, was a mass flurry of one unit kicking your ass till the cows came home.

Almost every game does that unfortunately, which really ruins the challenge and limits the many possible strategies into the simple, build and rush.
While its not possible to completely prevent it, it is very nice to have other ways to play.

I would love to get it, but for 50$.. I think I will wait a few weeks. I don't think any game is really worth 50$. (unless its like the First Decade)

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!