Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-29-2008   #21 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiko
I play Elite Beat Agents (SOMEONE GIVE ME OUENDAN Q_________Q) all the time. I the game I played the most was EBA, and my DS screen is fine.

I know it's not the same thing with the protectors, but meh, I don't want to risk it.
And yeah, it's a Nintendo official box, as it has the official seal.

Maybe it happened because I bought it at Wal-Mart. :x *shot*
I played cooking mama for a while and noticed it started to get small scratches. So maybe games where you poke at the screen won't scratch it up as readily as one where you rub the screen with the stylus.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-29-2008   #22 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeil
To those that dont like screen protectors:

Try playing a game that involves constant scratching and such at the touch screen, like Wario Ware Touched or TWEWY, then get back to me. Sorry, but the few scratches my touch screen endured through games like that, even being as careful as I could (Which, sometimes cant be helped) prompted screen protectors to be a must. There are games out there that WILL scratch your screen, no matter what precautions you take. I dont really like the 'Sure, it gets all scratched over time, but that's normal, you don't really have to worry' statement due to this. While thats true, some games are more touch screen dominant than others. Perhaps next time research a little into the brand or something, Ive replaced my screen protectors 3 times now, and have never had any residue or anything of the like left.
played TWEWY and all my pins were the ones where i frantically scratched the screen and tapped it my touch screen looks fine

10-29-2008   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Raukue will become famous soon enough
IGN: Satsuyo
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 14x/21x
Guild: «Firefly»
Xfire: Raukue

I am going with screen protectors I just have to. I just hope I can find them in stores is all. Thinking a 50% chance they would be in stores. DoS lower than 50% though.

As for the triple post I did, I wanted to merge them but there was no way. I know what I did and barely realized I did it too late, didn't mean to. Just I hardly do forums, it is an on and off thing for me so I forget things somtimes. There should be an auto-merge of double posts and so on like this one site I was on. Oh well.

Anyway DoS sounds like a good choice, eh? I played AoS 5 times from start to finish. First time on normal, 2nd time transfering my souls and equips playing on hard, 3rd time with Julius, 4th time starting fresh on hard mode and 5th time re-started my already 100% one again. Though I been playing on emulator and am too use to save and load state so I know I kind of blow. I either suck and/or am not good with a keyboard in which I know I am not. I think it is some of both.

I hope playing on an actual console/handheld can make me a better player at it cause Castlevania is my new favorite set of games. Exploration games are my favorite so Zelda and Metroid games were my favorite but now I can add Castlevania to that list. I just hope I don't lose interest.

So I might be getting my DS this week I just hope it is not too much trouble me going with my parents. Don't want to do alot of store hopping as I know that would bother my parents. But I feel it will be so.

10-29-2008   #24 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Well I don't know if you WANT WANT one next month, but I just wanted to say that the new DS (named the DSi) is scheduled for release early next year for America.

The only thing about it is that it does not have a GameBoy Advance Game slot, so if your getting a ds for that get a Lite. However, the new DSi has 2 cameras in it and can use SD cards like from your camera. They are also setting up a new DSi Shop kinda like the online wii shop where you can purchase games online.

Just wanted to let you know ^_^

10-29-2008   #25 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i heard that it was coming out at close to the end of 2009?

also doesn't it only have one camera

10-29-2008   #26 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Regarding the multi-posting/merging, regular members dont have the option to merge posts, the only thing you can do is go into edit mode on the last posts, cut/paste back onto your original post, and delete the others.

モノノ怪

10-29-2008   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

I know about the DSi but that means I have to wait till about mid-2009 to get it. And no GBA slot means I can't transfer my Pokemon from Fire Red and all that. The only thing that interests me about the new DSi is the increased screen size, improved audio and brighter screen. The other stuff with the camera, picture and music storage and internet is not something I would normally use.

I also figure that I would wait about 1-3 years before getting the DSi to wait to see if there are any improvements or enhancements, different colors, lower price, so on and so forth. If I had got a DS when it first came out, when the DS Lite came out I would of been "Aww man, darn it. DS Lite is better" or something along those lines. So kind of good that I waited though I waited too long.

As for DoS, yes I know it has been out for awhile but so has The New Super Mario Bros. which you can still find new I am sure. But of course then again that is Nintendo. DoS is Konami and their games I don't think they tend to get re-released into stores even though people still look for it. I mean just look at the first two Suikoden games, the first one I own and is easier to find but part 2 you can't really find in stores at all, rare game.

Oh well... does anyone know why Konami does not re-release some of their games? To why they just let the supply shorten up then make no more? I mean it kind of sucks that it has to be that way especially with hit games.

I just got my DS and all the other stuff I wanted, yay. Though I got this Nerf Armor for it and don't know if I should open it yet or even use it. Sounds good for protection but is bulky and I read is hard to remove. Thoughts?

Last edited by Kowiz; 10-31-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Don't double post :)

10-31-2008   #28 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

I really dont think you need it. I just use a standard graphic skin. Sure the corners of my DS with get scuffed up a bit, but overall any scratches it gets will be on the skin o_O

S'all I got on mine. Skin + screen protectors.

Pics were months ago, you look at it now, you can barely see some scraping on one of the corners.

モノノ怪

10-31-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Hmm. I managed to get the Hori screen protectors and I believe it also comes with filters top body, top screen, touch screen, d-pad and buttons. Not overall protection but I dunno. I just gotta be real careful with it I guess.

Man the screen protector a pain to put on. I put it on and it all still seems fine but those little air bubbles on it bug me and I wanna take it off and try again but I can't get it off.

Last edited by Raukue; 10-31-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added.

10-31-2008   #30 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Uh next time use something with an edge to push the bubbles out as you -slowly- put it on the screen.

モノノ怪

10-31-2008   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Yes I had realized that too late... sadly... I was using my finger I knew I should have applied the other ones first to had learned that sooner. But now it is on, small little air bubbles but the play is still fine, touches still fine and all. But those little air bubbles then the lil bit of dirt that got under from failed attempt. Oh how it bugs me.

10-31-2008   #32 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

I HAVE THE NERF ARMOR! yes it is bulky. but if you're clumsy like me or careless you'll be glad you have it. before i got my nerf my DS dropped and skidded across the parking lot. OH NOES! and every day at work i drop stuff. wihtout fail. so yeah DS nerf is good. and i like the nerf. it is hard to remove but it's nto impossible to remove. i've done it. and it may be bulky but i doubt ur DS is gonna have to go in a tight space. i put my nerf covered DS in my hoodie front pocket and it fits with room to spare

11-01-2008   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

I am thinking the Nerf Armor might help me in playing my DS. I am starting to get use to the controls and all but my hands, I kind of already sort of suffer from carpal tunnel so it causes my hands, my wrists to hurt. I hope that goes away though. Anyway I read how the Nerf Armor can sort of help those with that problem. Still not sure if I wanna use it or not, probably return it and get Castlevania OoE.

11-01-2008   #34 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

yeah use the nerf

11-04-2008   #35 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Also if u haven't heard of flashcarts for the DS, you should research some of it. Flashcarts can benefit you alot if you choose the right one. If u don't know what flashcarts are there basically just one cartridge that hold ups to a variety of games depending on the memory. Mind you these aren't legal.

11-04-2008   #36 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

John is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to John
IGN: Jonathan
Level: 2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
Also if u haven't heard of flashcarts for the DS, you should research some of it. Flashcarts can benefit you alot if you choose the right one. If u don't know what flashcarts are there basically just one cartridge that hold ups to a variety of games depending on the memory. Mind you these aren't legal.
wut????i tought they were O-o
wow that's good my concienc is relief
got any article that shows that?

this looks cool:
http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=100#
has anyone check this out?

Last edited by John; 11-14-2008 at 12:23 PM.