ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Tales of Vesperia (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/2135-tales-vesperia.html)

Chesters 06-28-2008 05:02 PM

Tales of Vesperia

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGN.com
Tales of Vesperia is set in a world reliant on a mysterious ancient technology known as Blastia. The game follows former knight Yuri as he delves into a shadowy plot to use these magical devices to control civilization, or destroy it.
The game makes significant additions to the series' trademark real-time combat system, allowing players to do battle in massive battlefields and learn new special attacks that are tied to individual weapons. New finishing blows allow players to take down enemies in a single hit with correctly timed button combinations, while mission-based battles increase the variety of each encounter as players gain unique items by fulfilling various battle objectives. Players can also use materials collected by successfully executing finishing moves to craft rare and unique equipment for their characters.

Genre: RPG
Exclusively on Xbox 360

Tales of Vesperia Trailer

English Demo (Story and Gameplay/Battle)

Other videos: (I suggest watching these in hi-def)
IGN Video: Tales of Vesperia Xbox 360 Gameplay - Flower Fight
IGN Video: Tales of Vesperia Xbox 360 Gameplay - Shaikos Ruins
IGN Video: Tales of Vesperia Xbox 360 Gameplay - Estelle's Power

I am really excited for this game. Can't wait. 8D (and yay dog-thing party member! :3)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesters (Post 109388)
Update: Current release date is set to August 26, 2008.

BatgirlZKE 06-28-2008 05:23 PM

Looks awesome!!
Makes me want to play Tales of Symphonia again :D

Is the Demo available on Xbox Live?

Nanaya 06-28-2008 09:46 PM

I WANT, oh so bad. TT_TT

N>XBox 360.

HennaIkimono 06-29-2008 03:16 AM

Why only for the X-box 360?! *waits paciently for the Tales of Symphonia 2 (Forgot the name) to come out for the Wii, here in U.S.*

sunchip 06-29-2008 04:06 AM

what a shame, only xbox

@hennaikimono, i'm eagerly waiting for that too, dawn of the new world i think its called

BatgirlZKE 06-29-2008 05:37 AM

Damn...no demo on Live yet :(

Tales of Symphonia 2 hands-on @ IGN

Kenzor 06-29-2008 01:55 PM

i felt like killing myself when this was first announced to be on the xbox and not on the PS3 :( zzzzzzzz

at least i can look foward to FFXIII i guess...

Shoo 06-29-2008 03:28 PM

aww, darn; too bad im an xbow hater [please dont flame]. oh well, at least we wii-ers get Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of A New World [also to answer someone's question. The Tales series is so addicting; i might just buy an.... er nevermind i'll just borrow my friends' and play theres. im not buying a new console just for one game; i'd only do that for the PS3 when FFXIII comes out. Also if they decide to make KH3 for the PS3 [Note: i said Kingdom Hearts 3, NOT Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. That is not the Trilogy -right term?- to Kingomd Hearts. It is more like a pre-quel; im tired of people saying it is kingdom hearts 3]

Amanda 06-29-2008 03:30 PM

I want.. ._.

igneus 07-02-2008 01:06 PM

Hopefully it will be as good as ToA and ToS, cause ToL was crap

Chesters 08-15-2008 09:17 AM

Update: Current release date is set to August 26, 2008.

WafflyWaffles 08-18-2008 08:11 PM

I Want
im trying too raise enough money too buy it with my brothers help D:

Symphie 08-19-2008 12:18 PM

I WANT IT TOO... But.. xbox </3.. .___.

T-T

John 08-19-2008 12:39 PM

wth
xbox???
what were they thinking?
>.<

Paul 06-09-2010 12:18 PM

Necro

Some news

Quote:

Tales of Vesperia’s Troy Baker, who plays protagonist Yuri in-game, has confirmed that Tales of Vesperia for PlayStation 3 is coming to the west in the past. However, after eight months of release in Japan, Namco Bandai has yet to announce the game for localization.

A video filmed back in April has been brought to my attention today. Apparently, none of the net picked this up, but here it is. The video shows Troy Baker during a Q&A session at Sakura-Con 2010 where he confirms Tales of Vesperia PS3’s localization. He even says himself that he doesn’t understand why Namco Bandai have yet to announce a street date for the release.

A transcript from the Q&A that I’ve put together can be read below. Please note that there are probably a few errors, as at some points it was hard to make out what Baker was saying.
Quote:

I know you guys re-recorded the voices for Tales of Vesperia PS3. When are you guys going to announce the European release or do you know if it’s coming out in the US?

Somebody asked me about that, there’s actually no – we didn’t re-record everything, they literally took what we did and just dropped it in and there was a couple of levels that they added. Uhm, so the new character, uhm, what’s her name? Patty. We mentioned in the expo recently actually about the PS3 version.

So now the European release – I don’t know why they haven’t set a street date. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

I’m ready for it to come out, too, because I’ve got a PS3 and I’m like “I want to ??? games”.
If you prefer the video, the question is asked at 5:20.

(bad sound quality)

Troy Baker confirms Tales of Vesperia PS3 localization (in video) &mdash; Scrawl

Kenzor 06-09-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 1260897)

I wouldn't get my hopes up high yet until there's an official confirmation...

Mega 11-28-2010 07:41 PM

Ugh I really hope Troy Baker wasn't lying about the PS3 version coming out in english =/

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a 360 or a PS3, so far PS3 has more games I'll play (and if they ever bring out Tales of Graces f), but since it doesn't have Tales of Vesperia I'd rather go with a 360 x_x...

Kotarou 11-28-2010 07:46 PM

Didn't he already say he can't confirm it anymore?

Last I heard was Namco was working on something else and "Fans will be pleasantly surprised,".

TALES OF XILLIA PLEASE?

Mega 02-01-2011 01:31 PM

DOES THIS SAY what I think it says?

http://www.ataleoftworichards.com/images/peach.png

Krem 02-01-2011 01:56 PM

^ Tallgradbgrtwnocbaaeetw and some more loopy figures?

If so, then yes.