Well as you might have guessed its an online pokemon MMORPG, fan made
is the link to main site if interested
Its just out of alpha testing at the moment but I've played the previous versions (one was a new region, other a replica of Kanto from the GBA games) and they were pretty entertaining with some good and even unique features.
Game is graphically similar to original games as is the battle system but with a few differences.
A few features -
* Boss fights with "Dark" versions of pokemon are extremely tough and give a greater amount of xp and even equip drops.
* You catch pokemon same as before, weakening them to critical health and using status moves to make it easier. There is a rarity system with most of the better pokemon being tough to encounter.
* Your player has his own "stats" and level. This includes tactics, capture, breeding and luck. This does affect your playstyle a lot and the start trainer you pick has his own starting strengths and weaknesses. You receive 3 points a level to distribute. You level yourself up with points from pokemon leveling, catching and battling.
* Theres a party system where you can battle 2 VS 2 against the enemy boss/party/singles etc. And a duel option to request a battle with others. Team rocket and police factions existed to force PVP each other - oh the chaotic fun... :P
* Eventually the Gyms should be reopened. From how they ran before its usually led by players specializing in that field, and a gym battle is required to win the badge.
There are bugs everywhere as you'd expect from an early game stage ranging from an invisible boss pounding you to oblivion with mega kicks to your pokemon putting themselevs to sleep with sleep powder. :P But they're working on stuff like that, lol.
edit: replaced with less blurry pics! Click tab to see full size version.