Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-23-2008   #141 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

sExYgIrL93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
Just because you had a bad experience with it doesn't mean it's a bad game. Some of the abilities are meant to be balanced. True, there are some abilities, like Resonate, which is a pain in the ass, but you just gotta suck it up. And Roulette is balanced because it can also hit the users teammates.
It's supposed to be a tactical game. Having random instakill spells kinda defeats the whole point of using tactics. Any halfwit can beat these quests if they get lucky with the RNG

Take "Komodo Departure" for example. Round 1, enemy Fusilier shoots the trader, enemy Archer shoots the trader, the trader dies, gg quest failed before I even get a chance to get anywhere near the enemy. So I reload the game, this time the enemy Archer starts focusing, the trader runs away and my team rapes the enemy team. The AI is stupid, the game is random and poorly designed

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-23-2008   #142 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I think the whole Tactics Advanced series BUTCHERED the original FFT game on the PSX...

07-23-2008   #143 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

@Sexy: That's just how the game is. And the monster, the only one I know of, only uses it when it's about to die, when it's by itself. That's fair. Now, unless you were poorly leveled and were fighting it, and lost the rest of your team, that is your fault.

Also, it helps to be a little over-leveled for the quest. If you're fighting 28's in a quest, it helps to be 31.

Another thing, AI's are like that. It has to be random. If it was programmed to do the same thing, replays of the game would be pointless, and you could play through a mission, saving before it started, lose, and then defeat them because you know how it's going to work. The game DOES NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO.

Anyhow, I do hate some of the laws, like "Being Robbed". I mean there's a 60% chance you will violate it if you're fighting Soldiers/Vikings/Thiefs/Anyone with Thief 2nd A. I mean I understand ones that you can control, "Damage > 50", "No MP/HP Recovery", "Only move exactly 'X' Tile(s)". But ones like "No KB moves", "No attack all units", "No debuffs", "No attacking more than 2 tiles in distance", and yes KB does count. Which is why I break the law, purposely or not, 75% of the time. And when I do follow it, I get crap rewards. Oh well. . .

07-23-2008   #144 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

sExYgIrL93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
@Sexy: That's just how the game is. And the monster, the only one I know of, only uses it when it's about to die, when it's by itself. That's fair. Now, unless you were poorly leveled and were fighting it, and lost the rest of your team, that is your fault.
It's one of the clan trials. The one where you have like 2 rounds to examine the magic urn 8 times. The map is huge, the urn spawns in random locations and you have to fight 4 or 5 of those monsters who start spamming Confuse and Roulette immediately

Quote:
Another thing, AI's are like that. It has to be random.
Ever played Advance Wars? The AI isn't random in that game, you could just open a GameFAQs walkthrough and follow the directions. The AI would always do the exact same moves. Yet Advance Wars is a great game and far more tactical than FFTA2

Quote:
I mean I understand ones that you can control, "Damage > 50"
Can't control critical hits

Quote:
"No attacking more than 2 tiles in distance"
This one doesn't even work properly. If you get a critical hit, the attack will cause a knockback and the game thinks you broke the law

07-23-2008   #145 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Then if you have such high standards for a DS game, then I suggest you just not buy it.
And why is it only YOU that is complaining about the AI and such. Must be a really bad game, if you think it's bad. Sure, there are some kinks to it, BUT IT'S A GAME.

And tip with the clan trial, turn all your units into high avoid, or speed jobs. That will help.