Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-30-2008   #41 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Lol, I'm still pretty early in the game ^^;; Everyone's like avg LV 10. The bonuses don't seem that great this early... so i wouldn't know.

I <3 KUDA

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-30-2008   #42 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

Well he's YOUR judge not the enemies as well.
So I'd understand if the rules only apply to you, and I've never really had any trouble with the rules except for the no mp one, that one wasn't explained very well >_>

06-30-2008   #43 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I only occasionally have trouble with the rules. In which case, I say "corkscrew the rules" and I just break them. Only time that gets frustrating is when one of the.... rules for completing the mission involves not breaking the rules.

The rules don't really need to be followed if you can't do anything while following them. You just get a nice bonus of items at the end. Plus your clan priveleges will keep working during the fight. And you'll be able to revive people who got killed.

@khmer: I'm also kinda early. I keep doing every mission that I can. Avg lvl is like 11 or 10.

@Amanda: Found out that that no MP rule means no using abilities that don't use MP. Like Thievery or archer abilities. But you can still use the normal attack command.

06-30-2008   #44 (permalink)
inb4u lol?! e????
Games
Aika OnlineLa TaleElswordGrand Fantasia
Awards Event Winner

Broken has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Broken Send a message via Skype™ to Broken
IGN: Vaneshi
Class: Castanic Sorcerer :D lt_gunslinger
Level: e?
Guild: Cookies~
Xfire: snop3r

^ the rules are what makes the game a bit more challenging.
I try to obey them...
Quote:
Well he's YOUR judge not the enemies as well.
So I'd understand if the rules only apply to you, and I've never really had any trouble with the rules except for the no mp one, that one wasn't explained very well >_>
i know that hes my Judge... but why is only one party bound to have rules, why the other doesnt?
I liked the rule system from the first FFTA, it was easily possible to lock down the whole enemy team with Rule Cards.

and yes, the "No MP" rule was lol... fight a whole mage team (the first clan tournament) without being able to use your own healing spells, but the enemy clan can cast magic like they want to. <.<

06-30-2008   #45 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice

I know what it does NOW,
I used Ultima charge with my moogle knight( I Used AR for him, on a dif file tho D
And I had the no mp rule and I used it, and it takes 36 mp, but I didn't get in trouble, then I used beatdown with Cid and I get in trouble, I was like wtf

06-30-2008   #46 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

How do you get the clan privelege AP up? I want that one. It'll be so, so helpful with mastering abilities.

Edit: I mean get the clan privilege that increases AP. Not increase its level.

Last edited by Noctis; 06-30-2008 at 01:52 PM.

06-30-2008   #47 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, rules should count for the other team too @__@.

06-30-2008   #48 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

I think that IF they have rules, they probably just ignore them. All they wanna do is beat you up. They don't care about the rules. And any penalties from rule-breaking don't affect battle except for the inability to revive fallen comrades.

06-30-2008   #49 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis
I think that IF they have rules, they probably just ignore them. All they wanna do is beat you up. They don't care about the rules. And any penalties from rule-breaking don't affect battle except for the inability to revive fallen comrades.
And get prizes at the end.

06-30-2008   #50 (permalink)
inb4u lol?! e????
Games
Aika OnlineLa TaleElswordGrand Fantasia
Awards Event Winner

Broken has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Broken Send a message via Skype™ to Broken
IGN: Vaneshi
Class: Castanic Sorcerer :D lt_gunslinger
Level: e?
Guild: Cookies~
Xfire: snop3r

Quote:
thats why i said, that i liked the FFTA rule system.

Red Cards for violators, plx! They shall be banished in the jail.

but thats the only downside i found so far...
guess this game will last for 400+ hours like FFTA already did 8D

06-30-2008   #51 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough

Are there random encounters anywhere?

I <3 KUDA

06-30-2008   #52 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

How do I find new recruits to my clan? I need more recruits.

@Broken: Yeah. I never got my opponents in FFTA out by getting them red carded. I just beat them all up. Only ones who violated the rules were the NPCs that had that special ribbon that made them never get a red card.

@khmer: I haven't run into any random encounters so far.

06-30-2008   #53 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

WTF? Are you serious.... Darn storyline....

I <3 KUDA

06-30-2008   #54 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Freakin' hell, I'm almost level 50 with Luso, and all I need to do is finish over 200 more missions, and get Montblanc (which I have no idea how to do).

BTW, Libra allows you to see the traps in the field, which is useful if the mission is full of traps.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I get around 3-6 random encounters per hour since I travel around alot when doing the missions (although, I could dispatch but I want to see what they say.)

06-30-2008   #55 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

I do that too. I avoid dispatching people. Now tell me how to recruit new recruits. Do I need to walk back and forth between maps?

06-30-2008   #56 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Ok guys, why is this game's story so short?

I <3 KUDA

06-30-2008   #57 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
I AM LEVEL 30!!! (Almost.) I played all night, stayed up to 5AM.
Dang... I find Tactics semi-addicting, but I wouldn't play any game for more than 4 or 5 hours, let alone staying up that long. D: But since you're pretty far into the game... x] Do the restrictions get really harsh later on? How long do battles take you at about that point? I'm so good...I just got the tomato stalks. I'm soooo slow...

Oh, and the story is kind of undeveloped because that's pretty much the best you can expect from a Tactics game--tactical fighting with a very generic plot. (Hero gets lost, hero makes friends, hero finds the way.)

06-30-2008   #58 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I do that too. I avoid dispatching people. Now tell me how to recruit new recruits. Do I need to walk back and forth between maps?
My recruit list is almost full, but I never use them. I only use my first 6 characters. Lol.

If you go to the pub and read the rumors, one of the articles will tell you where to get recruits and around what time of the year they appear. There is also a quest that gives you recruits that you are looking for.

Quote:
-Seek out humes walking Targ Wood at the turn of the new year.
-As spring approaches, you`ll find many a bangaa wandering Baptiste Hill.
-Nu mou seeking to join the ranks of a clan sow up near Grazton between spring and early summer.
-The soft chirping chatter of moogles comes to the Bisga Greenlands at the height of summer.
-The viera gather quietly in the woods near Camoa as the leaves turn in autumn.
The other way you can get clan members is through the "Clan Mates" quest which is repeatable (check the pub for when it will appear).

06-30-2008   #59 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Grr... I hate how you need to go to the Bazaar to find new EQs Q___Q

I <3 KUDA

06-30-2008   #60 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemn
Dang... I find Tactics semi-addicting, but I wouldn't play any game for more than 4 or 5 hours, let alone staying up that long. D: But since you're pretty far into the game... x] Do the restrictions get really harsh later on? How long do battles take you at about that point? I'm so good...I just got the tomato stalks. I'm soooo slow...

Oh, and the story is kind of undeveloped because that's pretty much the best you can expect from a Tactics game--tactical fighting with a very generic plot. (Hero gets lost, hero makes friends, hero finds the way.)
Uhm... Restrictions don`t get confusing. I don`t think so. I hate the one where it doesn`t let you target all foes because I wanna use my cool summoning accessory and kill them all. Battles... aren`t longer. I can`t tell the difference, lol. I played FFAT, but never finished because I thought battles were too long. My brain doesn`t make sense, cause now I LOVE this game =3. And battles take forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5
Grr... I hate how you need to go to the Bazaar to find new EQs Q___Q
I get all excited when I actually get a weapon that I can use @__@. *Feels like a game nerd*