ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

7.6

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mexico
Posts: 439
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (0)
John is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to John
IGN: Jonathan
Level: 2x
Default Florensia

so how is it?
i just saw some pics and it looks awesome =O!
but they still in CB wich means I can't Play >.<
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
kuyaBaka's Avatar
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 3,831
Blog Entries: 166
iTrader: (0)
kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default

They're not in CB anymore.
OB is coming up next.

Stay tuned, folks!
__________________
 
06-25-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mexico
Posts: 439
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (0)
John is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to John
IGN: Jonathan
Level: 2x
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
They're not in CB anymore.
OB is coming up next.

Stay tuned, folks!
so do u mean its closed?O.o
 
06-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular
Cougan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)
Cougan will become famous soon enough
IGN: Mitsuko
Level: 17
Default

Should be good, the CB was pretty fun.

I was just getting used to ship combat as it ended. I'm planning on picking the explorer class again, lol. Best gun users!
 
07-02-2008   #5 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato
Frosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 872
iTrader: (0)
Frosty is on a distinguished road
Default

so anyone know the date for OB release?
__________________



 
07-02-2008   #6 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Fineti's Avatar
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,133
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (1)
Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of
Default

One of the GMs hinted July, but they have yet to give an exact date.
__________________
 
07-17-2008   #7 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato
Frosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 872
iTrader: (0)
Frosty is on a distinguished road
Default

The Florensia Staff, Support & Scout Team invite you to join the Open Beta of Florensia. The Open Beta will probably start on July 21, 10 AM CEST. Are you ready for discovering a whole new world and the vast ocean? Enjoy the completely free journey to the world of Florensia.

All accounts that have taken part in any of our Closed Beta stages will furthermore receive a small in-game potions set as special reward. Play Florensia in six different languages, enjoy the discovery of the untouched world on our servers LuxPlena[EU], Pardioc[America] and Bergruen[GER].

Florensia &bull; View topic - HOT: OPEN BETA JULY 21 + CLIENT NOW

finally!
__________________



 
07-17-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mexico
Posts: 439
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (0)
John is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to John
IGN: Jonathan
Level: 2x
Default

OMG are you serius??
the 3 games i was waiting have announced the betas at last!!
LaTale: July 31st
Dragonica: July 25th
Florensia:July 21th

so, 4 days to test florensia,6 for dragonica and the latale O_O
__________________
Now Playing: Latale,Final Fantasy IV (DS)
Latale IGN:Volkner

 
07-17-2008   #9 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
kuyaBaka's Avatar
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 3,831
Blog Entries: 166
iTrader: (0)
kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default

Heh, I'll come back for the sea-combat.
I'm still too sucked into Grando Espada to move into a new MMO.
__________________
 
07-18-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)
Porcini is on a distinguished road
Default

Didn't they delay/push back Dragonica again?

Anyways, which server are you all going to play on?

I believe they annouced they were going to have 3 different servers
for Florensia.

1.Europe
2.Germany(...?)(Last time i checked Germany was a part of Europe. <_<; )
3.U.S

Guess most of the people here are Americans. Even though i enjoy playing MMOs more with people from the U.S, i still kinda want to join the Europe server, mostly because i will get heaps of lag otherwise.

So i will probably be stuck with non-speaking Brazillians and French.

N>English speaking people playing on the Europe server! D:

T_T
 
07-18-2008   #11 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Fineti's Avatar
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,133
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (1)
Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of
Default

I heard the servers are technically in Germany right now, so it's more of a language and timezone thing. They don't want to repeat what happened to euRO. >_>

I'll be playing on Pardioc [America] myself.
__________________

Last edited by Fineti; 07-19-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Confirmed from a game admin.
 
07-18-2008   #12 (permalink)
Just another Asian.
Khmer2k1d5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: S. Phila
Posts: 2,119
Blog Entries: 3
iTrader: (0)
Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5
Default

HUM, is it any good? I've lost interest after waiting a year @_@;;
__________________


I <3 KUDA
 
07-18-2008   #13 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
kuyaBaka's Avatar
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 3,831
Blog Entries: 166
iTrader: (0)
kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcini
So i will probably be stuck with non-speaking Brazillians and French.

N>English speaking people playing on the Europe server! D:

T_T
Actually, if you've played the Beta which had a ton of the European players you'd know that there's a lot of people who speak English. They're quite nice and helpful, really.
__________________
 
07-18-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)
Porcini is on a distinguished road
Default

Oh that's good to know!

Well if all the servers are located in Germany, then i might aswell join the American server,
despite the timezone differences.

I'm sure there is alot of European players out there that do understand English perfectly fine, but the majority doesn't even want to try, and just find it more convenient for some reason to spam the chat in their own language to find people from their own country. (lol)

Especially the younger players.

And once Florensia get's really popular,
we'll be seeing more of the non-English speaking ones.

(I actually never played the US/EU beta, last time i played the game was like...6-7 months ago,
on the Japanese servers. :S)

It's a good game, and the additional stuff they are going to add sounds great.

I just hope the community doesn't kill this one, because a MMO is afterall all about the Community.

Atleast for me it is.
 
07-18-2008   #15 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
kuyaBaka's Avatar
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 3,831
Blog Entries: 166
iTrader: (0)
kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcini
I'm sure there is alot of European players out there that do understand English perfectly fine, but the majority doesn't even want to try, and just find it more convenient for some reason to spam the chat in their own language to find people from their own country. (lol)
Why do you say that?
In fact, many of them have really good grammar -- a lot more grammar than on an international server. Just because it's not American doesn't mean they can't speak English; I mean come on, English is pretty common on Europe.

Closed Beta Testers just get a set of potions? Meh, I guess it's better than nothing. I'd prefer some CB-only hat or something to show off and signify that you've played the game since the Closed Beta.
__________________
 
07-20-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Luciane's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 409
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (1)
Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcini
I'm sure there is alot of European players out there that do understand English perfectly fine, but the majority doesn't even want to try, and just find it more convenient for some reason to spam the chat in their own language to find people from their own country. (lol)

And once Florensia get's really popular,
we'll be seeing more of the non-English speaking ones.

I just hope the community doesn't kill this one, because a MMO is afterall all about the Community.

Thanks .

I think you did forget that Great Britain is Europe too. .

Yes, I do take offence to this as I am Dutch myself and learned English on my own. That you are saying this is disgusting.
I mean, you chat in your own language also. Should I go shout at you and tell you to learn Dutch?
And the comment 'most of the young players' is ridiculous too. I started with games pretty young and no knowledge of English at all. Still I tried to speak English, and never just spoke in Dutch.
Hell, I'm annoyed by most Dutch players because their grammar in English and Dutch is utterly crap.
And ONCE only ONCE I accidentally spoke Dutch instead of English to someone. Why? Because I was talking to a Dutch friend before responding to this guy and I didn't 'switch back' to English.

And doesn't even want to try, seriously, I had French people struggling with English while I do understand French. Not trying? I think y are the one that isn't trying. Perhaps you should learn OUR language instead of us all learning English.

And to show you that English is indeed pretty common in Europe:
When you go to a holiday in another country and they don't speak your language, you try to start up a conversation in their language (when you speak it) and/or English. So mostly it's English.
When there's someone foreign in your country, wanting to ask something. They ask firstly if you speak their language (when they don't speak yours), you respond and when your answer is 'no' the conversation will continue in English. Again mostly it's English.

Please, don't do this again when you don't have knowledge at all about the country/continent you're speaking about. Of course there are morons out there that do refuse it, but look at yourself and your own country/continent first. Have some respect for the ones that actually learn YOUR language and view it from this point.

/end short rant

Okay, the game. I'm glad the server is in Europe, finally a normal opening time for me (10am). I'm thinking about playing the game in French, to improve my French but I guess I will start with English first to try it out and get familiar with everything.
I don't know the real reason behind the separate German channel/server thing (whatever it's called). Perhaps it's because they are located in Germany, I have no idea.
But I think it's very good that they did it. Why? Because I'm pretty sure many Dutch and German people will join the game. And the person that says that there is nothing between the Netherlands and Germany should get a check up. Hopefully the ones that look for trouble will go to the German channel/server thing so that the ones that judge people on how they act don't get the crap. And just for my own sake I hope that many German players will join the German server/channel thing. I'm not hiding that I really hate the language , no, not the people, not until they do something that makes me hate them.

Long post is long .-.
 
07-20-2008   #17 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Moonflow's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Another galaxy
Posts: 2,173
iTrader: (1)
Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP
Default

im in england.
could i still play the international server to be with my friends? ;o
if so i might give it a go.
__________________
 
07-20-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)
Porcini is on a distinguished road
Default

@Luciane

I really don't want to start a flame-war, But i believe i got the rights to explain myself and what i meant with what i posted.

games everything - alaplaya - alaplaya.eu

(European publisher, their games are filled with non-english speaking people.
How do i know this? I play 3/4's of their games. I'm even struggling to be part of this whole german speaking guild, using a dictionary to translate words i don't understand completely and iv'e been with this guild for 4 months now, So i do try. But it's obvious which language that would have the priority if more non-german players played the game, and if it was more mixed.

(even though i can understand German very well, since it has common elements to my own language.)

Though that's to expect, it is afterall a European Publisher.

But this has happened to me in alot other games aswell, take for example room based games such as Lunia and others. You would see alot of the players start up "Language based rooms" for their own language, cause well...they don't speak English good enough, and because of this, deem it's not worth their time. No not because of latency problems, but because they can't be half-a**ed to even try.

It also doesn't justify being rude to other players, which is why they tend to spam chats in their own languages. I usually tend to ignore these people, but when it starts getting out of hand, then i just leave that game and move on to another one.

I value each language and find each one equally precious, but, let's face it, most of us learn English as a second language in school,
being too lazy to not even try,doesn't justify it.

Quote:
While English is not an official language in most countries, it is currently the language most often taught as a second language around the world. English is the language most often studied as a foreign language in the European Union (by 89% of schoolchildren), followed by French (32%), German (18%), and Spanish (8%).
Quote:
In the EU, a large fraction of the population reports being able to converse to some extent in English. Among non-English speaking countries, a large percentage of the population claimed to be able to converse in English in the Netherlands (87%), Sweden (85%), Denmark (83%), Luxembourg (66%), Finland (60%), Slovenia (56%), Austria (53%), Belgium (52%), and Germany (51%). Norway and Iceland also have a large majority of competent English-speakers.
So, why do not more people type in english on MMOs, instead of typing in their own languages, causing confusion to other players?

I have no idea.

Iv'e also seen this happen in another game DOMO, by Gametribe. The GMs actually had to enforce rules that says you're not allowed to shout in other languages other than English in main chat. Which of course, made alot of people really angry. Alot of Bans followed as of this. I met alot of nice European players in this game aswell, but the majority, did not use/type in English.

I got all my experiences with this from many many many
different games i've played over the years, and sadly, "alot" of people with the suffixes "BR/GER/FR/PL" tend to kill a game completely.Disregarding rules, swearing, etc.

though iv'e met some good people too, so do not take it wrong. There are actually people out there that is really nice, it's just really rare to find them, cause they tend to...shy away from the others. And the jerks tend to stand out more.

Just because they are being rude/swearing in their own language doesn't it mean that it's less offensive.

Though i did read on the main site of Florensia, that shouting in the ingame main channel in other languages other than English is prohibited, so that's a relief.

Quote:
[EU] LuxPlena Server
This international server is based on the European timezone. As players from different European countries are located here, the obligatory language in the Shout Chat is English.
The main reason, why most games wants you to keep chats in English, is because English is, like we all know,
the most used Language in the world.
(Not sure if Chinese has a higher population/speaking count.)

Not Dutch,Not Brazillian,Not French,Not German,Not Swedish,
Not Norwegian,Not Estonian,Not Polish etc. But English. Catch my drift? Most of us can't learn 50 Languages just to be able to communicate. But most us can learn 1 common language, that we can use to communicate between each other.


About the German Server, i believe they did this because Germany has a very high citizen/players count. And by looking at the loose numbers from above, around 51% of germany speaks English. This is 51% of all in the country. Now we take this number and apply it to the smaller amount, the ones that plays online games. The number will drastically decrease. This can also be applied to all the other countries, just with a bit different numbers.


In the Burgruen (Florensia) Server, you're not allowed to speak in English in the shout chat. Sounds fair right? :3

And, explain why the developers of Florensia decided to add 6 other languages to the client script,if the European players is so good as you say to understand and speak English~? Could it had been because...they just felt like it? That's gotta be it, they just felt like adding several thousand of translated lines into the game, because they sure know that the whole population would understand and speak in English.

I'm not talking about the casual use of your own language over PMs, but the ones that spam the chat, thinking they own the world, and disregard any other people, except the ones that speaks in their language.

Of course there's English people that do this aswell.
But atleast when someone you actually can understand do this,
then you have a chance to respond and counter it with proper means.

Hence my;

"Once Florensia get's popular, we'll be seeing more of the non-speaking ones."

Could aswell had been used in the similiar fasion following;

"Once Florensia get's popular, we'll be seeing more of the ones that destroys a game completely."

It's kinda the same when you, a foreigner, joins a Japanese/Chinese/Korean server and talk in English out loud. It's highly disrespectful. Because, if you join a Japanese server, it's obvious the Japanese language has the priority, right?

Perhaps i should had been more clear, but i didn't feel like posting an essay, which this funny enough turned into.
But i believe i had to type this much to just the cause of what i wrote.

Just to be clear,I'm not against any country out there.

To end this, Most of them may understand/speak english, but the majority, do not. This is present in many online games, and iv'e seen in many times. From FlyFF to Trickster, and so on. I did not mean to cause any harm, but this is what iv'e seen during the many years of playing MMOs. So yes, i got alot of experience with the situation.

Oh almost forgot;I'm actually European myself, and my first language isn't English aswell, but atleast i try. And i do know alot about my country/continent, it's the country with the pretty numbers "85%" next to it in the list above. We also learn 5 additional languages in school+our official language.(English,French,German,Spanish,Finnish + official language.). So, /gg?

Last edited by Porcini; 07-20-2008 at 12:04 PM.
 
07-20-2008   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Luciane's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 409
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (1)
Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcini
And, explain why the developers of Florensia decided to add 6 other languages to the client script,if the European players is so good as you say to understand and speak English~? Could it had been because...they just felt like it? That's gotta be it, they just felt like adding several thousand of translated lines into the game, because they sure know that the whole population would understand and speak in English.
Hence my surprise when I saw they didn't have a Dutch version.
Some people aren't gifted with good education about another language and for them it's nice to have things in their own language. Wouldn't you prefer a game in your own language above a game that's in a language you barely know?
I can't explain this to you but you can't conclude either that it's because of the lack of English skills from people. It's useless and a waste of time to debate on this because you don't know it .

I was wrong to assume things about you in my rant and I thought about that later but it was too late to change it. So my apologies for that. Though my opinion is still that your post was disgusting. If you hate it so much, stop complaining about it and don't play on European servers any more.

Okay, I think everyone agrees that each country has enough morons in it. A part of those morons will play games. And when you have an European server you have many different countries on it with many different languages. Thus all morons from those countries. Those morons cause the trouble and the crap of speaking in their own language. It disgusts me when I see Dutch players talk rude against English players in Dutch. I point them on that in English, same when someone else does it in a language I do understand. But, it's a waste of time and energy because they stay morons. You have that everywhere and on each server.

You say you play a lot European servers, but do you play other international servers also?
To point at your sentence: "Once Florensia get's popular, we'll be seeing more of the ones that destroys a game completely."
This happens in every game on every server.
Because of the moron part. So when a server has people from different countries it happens earlier, or when a server has a lot people from one country.

Like I said, it disgusts me when I see how rude some people act but when someone else 'attacks' them, like I felt like you did in your post, I do 'protect' them. While I don't consider myself fully Dutch

Perhaps you should try to bring your posts a bit different. While your post had a light sense of humour, not meaning it serious, I did take offence to it. Why? Because you were all like *Oh noes I will be with non-speaking Brazilians (what the... do they have to do with Europe) and French speaking people! I need English speaking people!!*

Perhaps we should stop here, else we'll get this whole topic full with our discussion. While I do find it an interesting one :P


I still don't know which server I'm going to play. I'm so going to save my names on each server, but then I have to set my main server first because I'll handle my characters on that one first. It's hard to pick from because I would love to develop my French a bit more and that's pretty easy while you're playing a game. Meh, any suggestions, anyone?
 
07-20-2008   #20 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Fineti's Avatar
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,133
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (1)
Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of
Default

Only about 12 more hours to go!

There's no IP block between the servers, so just play on whatever one you want. >_>
__________________
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Pockie Ninja
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Pockie Ninja

Rating:  

8.3
Hide this banner by registering for our community.