MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-25-2008   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri
Default Secret of Evermore

So, who remembers this old game? I have it, and still play it every now and then :x

Now, while its name is similar to Secret of Mana, and they're both from Squaresoft/Enix, they're actually not related games. They do share the same ring command menus and some interfaces, but thats about it :x

More info on the wiki;
Secret of Evermore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One thing I did like about this game was the way magic was handled, in the form of alchemy. Instead of using MP, you had different recipes for your spells, consisting of specific ingredients you needed to collect to use those spells. The ingredients you could find depending on the time era you were currently in, either by sniffing them out with the dog (Lol R button. The dog would move automatically to where he could smell ingredients), or buying them from special merchants. Naturally some of the better spells needed rarer ingredients (Which could also be costly), but they leveled the same way as they did in Secret of Mana, through constant usage. Which could.. also be costly for some of the better spells later on in the game heh. But it was a neat system for its time.

So. Anyone else play this?

The game had some bits of humor here and there as well. One memorable moment I can recall was talking to this loony NPC in Antiqua:

Will fix o:

Keep talking to him and after a while, if I remember right, lightning strikes him and he turns into a chicken lol.

And in Omnitopia, your dog is a toaster ha ha. You'll see him pop toast from his back every now and then.

/too lazy to find animated version or animate it

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 06-25-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Nanaya will become famous soon enough
IGN: Anruijin

I remember I got started on this game way back when, but I never finished it. I played it for like an hour or so, and that was about it.

I did that for a lot of SNES games, aha. This looked nice though.

(The wiki didn't like you embedding that image, btw.)

06-25-2008   #3 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

I have a ROM version of this and it was a lot of fun. Yay Square USA! XD

Oh, your big image got pwned...

06-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

lol
u got pwnt

oldass game btw

06-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
Dusty Corner Lurker
Special

Raja has a spectacular aura aboutRaja has a spectacular aura about

Poodle dog was the best. <3 I forgot most of the story for that one, but I loved it hardcore. I liked roaming around the timezone with the poodle.

Though I also liked ditching my master a lot and going into dog control mode in the final area to keep him safe. If I recall the dog could die as much as you wanted as long as his master didn't. SUICIDE DOGGY FTW!

Ahaha... it's been so long. I should dig out my SNES and play some games. Secret of Mana was my fav, so of course I loved Evermore with it's similar play style. <3

Can't tell you how many times I spent entire maps following my doggy around sniffing out goodies for stuff.

06-25-2008   #6 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Eh. It was after 4am when this got posted guys. I was far too lazy to worry about the image :x I'll get it back later when I have time. *Doing other stuffs atm @_@*

Argh, Gothica's poodle D; that made me wtf .__. I did like that era though. The forest was really annoying, even though it was easy to tell where to go, thanks to the owls hidden in the trees. but still annoying. Blech.

モノノ怪

06-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

OMG J, I love you. I've been wondering wth game it was I was missing for a few months now. Lol, I have to get a ROM since I was planning to do it anyway Q__Q

I <3 KUDA

06-26-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Marchen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Marchen

Hell yeah, toaster dog.

My brother and I rented this game when we were kids (but my family always rented games, so we never really own any games for our older consoles), and I've got pretty fond memories of it. I should try to hunt it down someday so I can play it and get a better grasp of the story/what went on.

MARCHEN JUNK: TO fanart and stuff.

07-01-2008   #9 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

OI. You know what. I WAS gonna play my old cartridge until Antiqua and get a pic of that NPC myself, until I realized a few things:

1) 3/4 of my files cant access this NPC anymore. Once he gets struck with lightning and turns into something, hes gone for good on that file, unless you havent saved yet. One file he was a chicken, another he was a goat, and a third he was a pot e_e

2) 4th file was a lv6 nub ._.

3) I WAS gonna play to Antiqua, until I realized why some people didnt make it far into this game;

THE BUGMUCK IS REALLY BORING AND SUCKS HARD.

Once you get out of Prehistoria though, it gets better ~_~ I may pick it up again for another run through of the game soon in my spare time. My SNES is still hooked up, and the games ready.. so.. yeah lol.

モノノ怪

07-01-2008   #10 (permalink)
Banned

bumbaloe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bumbaloe

I've tried playing this, as well as Secret of Mana, but I couldn't figure out which button was attack so I quit :x

07-08-2008   #11 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

o_O There only 4 to choose from, A, B, X, and Y, it shouldnt have been that difficult ._.

モノノ怪