Send a message via MSN to Aleeex
IGN: Aleeex
Class: Mage/Gunner lt_gunslinger
Level: 20
Guild: AkatSuki
Default Uplink: Hacker Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In the game, the player assumes the role of a hacker in the year 2010, who begins work for the Uplink Corporation, which is a world-wide company providing work for hackers. The player amasses money, software, Gateway hardware and skill in the course of performing jobs for various clients, hacking servers of global corporations for profit. The storyline of the game begins with the player receiving an e-mail from a deceased top ranking Uplink agent concerning the research done by the Andromeda Research Corporation, related to the Andromeda organization which proclaims the destruction of the Internet. It is constructing a computer virus known as Revelation using artificial life research as a base in an attempt to destroy the world wide net. One of the companies, Arunmor, attempts to cross their plans by developing Faith, a counter virus that can purge Revelation. The player can choose between two companies or even ignore the plot in its entirety, concentrating on freelance hacking, in which case the storyline plays out without the player's participation.
The game is 2D based and has no real eyecandy.

but the possibilities are many, you can change peoples Academic records. You often get missions to do so.

The important thing when doing such things are not to get caught doing it, and remove all trace of that you have done it.

The game is built up so that the instant you break in somewhere, an "active trace" is trying to pin you down... and the only way of slowing it down is by "bouncing" your connection through multiple servers

Of course, to make things worse... you will leave logs behind you that says where you have been and where you have changed things, so you must remove those before "the hacked" sees that you have been there and changed stuff and follows the leads back to you (an Passive trace)

You do not know when someone starts an "Passive trace"... you only get an message that you have been caught if you screwed up somewhere...
Overall, it is an exciting game that have many possibillities, becuase that the main plot is not neccesary to play through... and if you ignore it, it will go in its own way in the background

oh... and to add... There is also a built in IRC chat system there

I hope that you will try it
A demo is availiable HERE

Leenalia (sorry that you accidentally became a male )

Other creatures

Currently halting all attempts at raising more dragons due to full quota of dead hatchlings
(Already have more than 10 dead'uns, don't want more)

Focusing on keeping my sanity.
Insanity progress paused at four "me"

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

I have gametap, so I have the full version.

It's actually very fun, for a game that you don't do much in, but a lot of the jobs are really annoying. unless you have a photographic short-term memory you'll want a notepad handy.

06-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Aleeex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Aleeex
IGN: Aleeex
Class: Mage/Gunner lt_gunslinger
Level: 20
Guild: AkatSuki

The jobs are easy...
Remembering all the IP adresses and whatnot is a pain..
Filled a whole paper with just IP adresses (I hacked into other hackers compuers and stole thier programs ^^)

Leenalia (sorry that you accidentally became a male )

Other creatures

Currently halting all attempts at raising more dragons due to full quota of dead hatchlings
(Already have more than 10 dead'uns, don't want more)

Focusing on keeping my sanity.
Insanity progress paused at four "me"