Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-24-2013   #1 (permalink)
DJ
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Tales of Phantasia

Tales of Phantasia For The iOS Now Available At The App Store - Abyssal Chronicles - A Tales of Series Fansite

Quote:
The iOS port of Tales of Phantasia is now available for download over at the Japanese Apple App Store.

The full game itself is free, with some specific items (power-ups and such) that can be optionally purchased. As we mentioned before, the port is pretty much the PSP version and also features fully voices in the main story. Battle movements have been optimized to make use of the touch features of your typical iOS gadgets (iPad, iPhone, etc.).

Some changes include a slight modification in how the game menu looks, as well as some of the graphics actually having been "remade" a bit.

Visit the game's official site here.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-24-2013   #2 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Huh... how are controls supposed to work? Not sure how Manual mode combat/Combo mode will work in this.

10-02-2013   #3 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

It's not like the controls are that complicated. The game made it to the GBA.

10-03-2013   #4 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanichi
It's not like the controls are that complicated. The game made it to the GBA.
I want you to read what you have said, and put it into context with the device that this game is being ported to.

If you were reading my post, you'd see that I specified Combo Mode and Manual Mode. Please tell me how controlling movement, guards, jumps and all 30-40 Artes/Secret Artes that Cless has in a single mode is not complicated.

10-04-2013   #5 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
I want you to read what you have said, and put it into context with the device that this game is being ported to.

If you were reading my post, you'd see that I specified Combo Mode and Manual Mode. Please tell me how controlling movement, guards, jumps and all 30-40 Artes/Secret Artes that Cless has in a single mode is not complicated.
....have you never played a smartphone game before?

10-04-2013   #6 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Every game with SF controls I've played had controller buttons on the screen, unless they're just not showing these ones.

I don't play phone games that often, and if I do play on my phone it's either ones like Valkyrie Crusade/Million Arthur or PSP/DS/PS1 Emus.

10-04-2013   #7 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat

If I recall, on the GBA you typically had 4 Artes equipped at time and you selected the rest by going to the main menu. 4 on-screen arrows.

If I look back, you also didn't have to control the other party members, but you can select which skills they use. Menu button.

You could also jump between the characters you controlled. Touchpad.

10-04-2013   #8 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Somehow the point I'm trying to make/question I'm trying to ask is not going across, so I'm not going to bother anymore.

Also, that only covers semi-auto and manual mode. Combo mode doesn't work that way. You have access to ALL 30-40 Artes rather than just four Artes.

Last edited by Gladiat; 10-04-2013 at 10:37 AM.

10-04-2013   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Okay, time to fill in the people that haven't played GBA ToP!

By default you play semi-auto mode, where combat plays in...well, semi-auto. Pressing an attack button would make the character run up to the mob and attack it and when finished, run back. Which got really annoying, and unfortunately you couldn't switch to manual until halfway through the game or something through an item.

Manual gets rid of what semi-auto does, and lets you play how all Tales games play now.

Combo mode has you inputting commands ala fighting games to do artes. 236A, QCF A, whatever notation you want, would do an arte.

Now in the first place, virtual touchpad controls suck dick. I would rather use the 360's default DPAD, that's how shit it is. When you combine an action game or anything that requires precise inputs with virtual touchpad controls, you're asking for trouble. When you're putting fighting game controls on virtual touchpads, why bother playing?