ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   [MMORPG] Aura Kingdom (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/122998-mmorpg-aura-kingdom.html)

R 08-12-2013 07:55 PM

[MMORPG] Aura Kingdom

Quote:

Polish your blade and dust off that spell book! Aeria Games is proud to announce Aura Kingdom, a jaw-dropping new anime MMORPG! Created by the talented developers of fan-favorite Eden Eternal, Aura Kingdom will immerse you in a spellbinding world with curious creatures, fast-paced combat, and brilliant, majestic visuals.

It's up to you and your fellow heroes to brave an enchanting yet unfamiliar world—to explore its wonders, and to protect it from the forces that would see it destroyed. Sign up for beta and be one of the first to enter the kingdom!

Interactive Companions
Journey with far more than simple pets at your side. Evolve your companions, utilize incredible combo attacks, and converse with them about your past exploits!
Elaborate Skill Trees
Pick which abilities to power up according to your style of gameplay. Experiment with different strategies and change your skills often to fit any situation!
Fluid and Fast-Paced Combat
Use an unprecedented level of mobility to your advantage! Glide through the environment and outmaneuver your enemies to survive dynamic attacks and abilities.
A World of Wonder
Explore an unfamiliar world brought to life with a gorgeous, detailed anime art style.
Face titanic bosses, delve into exotic dungeons, and climb massive towers!

Screenshots:

Harlequin 08-13-2013 05:24 PM

Signed up, out of pure curiosity. I got this email in my inbox this morning too. If nothing else, the art is nice and I'd like to know more about their evolving pets etc.

Veloze 08-13-2013 09:22 PM

keeping my expectations low

Kotarou 08-13-2013 11:42 PM

Hmm, let me know how it goes.

Aeria has screwed me over twice already (my account was banned for "ToS Violation", maybe not logging in for 2 years is a violation of ToS), so yeah.

R 08-14-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotarou (Post 1828842)
Aeria has screwed me over twice already (my account was banned for "ToS Violation", maybe not logging in for 2 years is a violation of ToS), so yeah.

Your account might have been compromised. I didn't login for a year and a half, but about a month ago I decided that I wanted to play Eden Eternal again, so I tried logging in and found that I was also banned. I sent a support ticket and they told me that my account was "compromised by Gold Sellers". They unbanned it a few hours later after I provided the necessary information.

I've sent three other tickets aside from that one since then, and they've been nothing but excellent service to me.

Kenzor 08-14-2013 03:10 AM

Might try this just because the art style is very nice.
An Anime style MMORPG that isn't trying to be kawaii desu~<3 You don't see those often.

Riolu 08-14-2013 05:15 AM

Evolving pets? I'm in.

Tea 08-14-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotarou (Post 1828842)
Hmm, let me know how it goes.

Mine also was banned for the same reason LOL;; I ended up making a new account anyways. But my guess is their database was tampered with *shrugs* I signed up for the beta.. but Ill probably be trying to see if my comp can withstand FFXIV by the time their game launches.

Kotarou 08-14-2013 04:48 PM

They really did ban me for not logging in for a long time LOL

Quote:

Thank you for contacting us regarding regaining access to your account. We
would love to help you with this issue.

This account was banned for inactivity. We have removed the ban on the account
and will remove the billing suspension by the end of the day.

boomsticky 08-21-2013 02:49 AM

I watched some gameplay of it and the game's combat screams GW2. But their advertisement of mobility compared to GW2 is a joke.

The graphics looks pretty at least, especially the colors :V.

Kenzor 08-21-2013 03:07 AM

Combat looks nice, was worried this would be generic click and AFK game.

RaineScarlet 12-29-2013 01:36 AM

I hope it's not bad of me to revive this thread, since it seems like with the end of Closed Beta, Open Beta is on the horizon. After the stress test, that is--

Aura Kingdom Launch Schedule

I recently finished up the last of Closed Beta after testing 4 characters and researching on builds...

tl;dr: if you liked Eden Eternal, minus the class change feature, then you will love this game. Combat requires some maneuvering to take minimal damage, and things die super fast so it's also faster paced.

However, the game literally holds your hand up till endgame, with everything being automated with the click of a button--auto move, auto quest completion. There are some side achievements/quests that add variety, but the main quest line requires that you have something to do on the side, because all you will be doing is clicking the quest tracker on the side when you are not 2-shotting things. At times, I liked that because I was lazy, and at other times, I just wanted to do something, instead of being a quest bot.

I do like the pets though. They do a ton of damage and make the healer class much more bearable to play (esp when compared to some games like RO2 T_T). There is also a healing pet if you go DPS. And of course, who can forget Rainbow Dash?

Leveling is super fast. You will feel bad-ass in about 2 hours.

Overall, recommend for people looking for a casual MMO. It's a very easy game to play, but hard to master, I suppose.

Kotarou 12-29-2013 05:46 AM

I think the most important thing they need to fix is just PvP. Its so full of lulz that its pretty much "who can crit more/press skills faster" w

Gladiat 12-29-2013 07:50 AM

good thing i live on crits

ez pz lmn sqz

now to wait for OBT for server wipe

RaineScarlet 12-29-2013 10:52 AM

I've always been a PvE lover at heart, so I don't intend to cross over to le dark side. :[

Most of what I've read on the forums about PvP involves stun locking (but then, they talk about battlefield, not 1v1). Not really crit, so maybe that's a late game tactic. Since the cap is at lv50, I don't imagine that most classes can reach their full potential yet.

Gladiat 12-30-2013 04:34 PM

pve is also critstacking and adding some aspd

did more dps with full crit on my mage compared to a friend's full aspd mage

there's probably a middleground point that's better than full crit though but i imagine will be based on your gears/class too

twinblade 01-01-2014 09:11 PM

Too early for me at least.

RaineScarlet 01-04-2014 01:39 PM

Early? ^^

Open Beta Announcement

I so excited.

Queen 01-04-2014 04:25 PM

I have a level 2 bard and I don't even know anything about anything at all.

Hi guys. Anyone play on actually really playing? I took the dragon thingy because I can probably solo enough that way? I mean I know it's wiping but yeah. I will probably bard because I want to be able to find parties easily when I do play.

hi

Harlequin 01-04-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen (Post 1838029)
I have a level 2 bard and I don't even know anything about anything at all.

Hi guys. Anyone play on actually really playing? I took the dragon thingy because I can probably solo enough that way? I mean I know it's wiping but yeah. I will probably bard because I want to be able to find parties easily when I do play.

hi

me and glad are gonna play I know for sure

I took the dragon one too because it doesnt really matter that much, you'll get a bunch of other ones through play anyway

and yeah I played grenadier in CBT and probably play it again