Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-28-2013   #1 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW
Default Suggest PSP games.

I hope anyone can suggest something for my tastes until I leave for my trip to California, as I'd like something to play while I'm flying on the plane. I'd just finished Ys Seven and boy, it was just magnificent. I wanted to save it for said reasons but couldn't stop wanting to play it lol.

So, here's a list of what I have played...

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection
Final Fantasy Tactics WOTL
Tactics Ogre
Crisis Core FFVII
Dissidia 012 Duodecim
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Dynasty Warriors vol.2
Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness
Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days
Prinny and Prinny 2
Jeanne d'Arc
Persona 3 Portable
Tales of VS
Trails in the Sky
The 3rd Birthday
Hexyz Force
Ys Seven

What I will not play after trialing:

Monster Hunter
Gods Eater Burst
Knights in the Nightmare (one hell of a cluster****)
Star Ocean

Tl;dr I'm looking for are some regular or action RPGs with at least some sensible plot. My favorites, gameplay and story wise, would be Persona 3, Hexyz Force, Dissidia 012, and Ys Seven if you'd want to recommend a similar game.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-28-2013   #2 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

You've played just about every RPG worth playing on the PSP.
The only things left that I'm able to recommend are Persona 2, Phantom Brave, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, and Yggdra Union. There's also ClaDun 2 if you don't mind buying stuff digitally.

06-28-2013   #3 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Why no God Eaters? To Hard? o3o

Would have said Phantasy Star Portable 2 if we jump a few years back in time but I doubt anyone cares about online anymore for it. You could still try it's story mode I guess but way less fun.

That or buy a vita and grab P4G. You can still buy several PSP games from the PS Store. Not the greatest but been enjoying Black Rock Shooter (PSP) until my Muramasa Rebirth (Vita) arrives.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

06-28-2013   #4 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Why no God Eaters? To Hard? o3o

Would have said Phantasy Star Portable 2 if we jump a few years back in time but I doubt anyone cares about online anymore for it. You could still try it's story mode I guess but way less fun.

That or buy a vita and grab P4G.
Yeah, hard. That and "select a mission then kill xxxx" was way boring. Didn't even want to progress in the story, don't know if there was one. Controls were funky to get used to as well, no matter which type I picked.

I would like a Vita to play P4G, since I've never played P4 at all, as well as a few other games. But then there's the 3DS to choose if my brother decides to get me a new console for birthday/Christmas/New Years...

06-28-2013   #5 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKShota
Yeah, hard. That and "select a mission then kill xxxx" was way boring. Didn't even want to progress in the story, don't know if there was one. Controls were funky to get used to as well, no matter which type I picked.

I would like a Vita to play P4G, since I've never played P4 at all, as well as a few other games. But then there's the 3DS to choose if my brother decides to get me a new console for birthday/Christmas/New Years...
Yea there's a story, won't say it's the greatest but if you're watching anime, let me say it's like Shingeki.

I played both Portable Persona 3 and 4 before even touching the console ones, and from what I remember, they were extremely easy compared to the console versions, at least for P3P to P3FES.

Anyways, the only other game that came to mind was Tale of Radiant Mythology, which to be honest, wasn't that great and you even if you enjoy it, you can't exactly play the sequels unless you can read Japanese.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

06-29-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

some stuff i found enjoyable that wasn't on your list

growlanser: wayfarer of time
mana khemia:student alliance
class of heroes 1 & 2

probably more but those are just the ones off the top of my head.

06-29-2013   #7 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Half-Minute Hero
Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman
Valkyria Chronicles 2

06-29-2013   #8 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecxz
mana khemia:student alliance
I enjoyed this but it's a terrible port
it'd be better to find a copy of the PS2 version

06-29-2013   #9 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

k, gonna try out Valkyria Chronicles 2. Really interesting.

I also found out that some ported PS1 games could also be played, derp. Gonna hunt some old favorites down.