Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-19-2013   #41 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I know this is a bad idea but why not add the Old characters as a DLC?

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-20-2013   #42 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U won’t feature cross-platform multiplayer, but the games will be able to connect to one another—specifically, you’ll be able to customize characters in the 3DS game and transfer them to the Wii U.

Speaking with Gamespot, Sakurai provided a single hint as to how your customization in the 3DS game could potentially affect your characters. “Perhaps the best way to think of it is: it’s not the strength of the attacks that change—their power—but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization,” Sakurai shared.

Sakurai also reiterated as he has in other interviews that the tripping mechanic will no longer be a part of the game. That said, he doesn’t intend to turn Super Smash Bros. into a game that faces the same hurdles as all traditional fighters. Specifically, Sakurai says that he won’t turn the game into another Smash Bros. Melee.

“When I began working on the first Smash Bros., there was a great focus on [highly-technical] fighting games, and that’s something we’ve seen branch off into sort of a niche direction,” he says.

“Now, those types of fighting games have a very high barrier to entry for new players, while Smash was always meant to appeal to lots of people from different gaming communities. When you look at fighting game forums, you’ll see a preference for Melee, and yet, I think there are lots of people in the silent majority who don’t post online who prefer Brawl. Ever since I started working on the Kirby series, I’ve always thought about the needs of the less vocal, beginning players of games.”

Sakurai also feels that it might be time for fighting games to stop being a “hobbyist genre,” making comparisons to Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl in the process.

“I would say that the speed of gameplay [in the next Smash Bros.] is going to be a little bit less than Melee, but a little bit more than Brawl. One of the best ways to look at the fighting game genre is thinking about this pinnacle—this peak—we’ve built up to where these games have become more of a hobbyist [genre]. I think that trend might be reaching an end.”

06-21-2013   #43 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

I really think Sakurai shouldn't be trying to force certain methods of play on people. If anything, allow for gameplay to be as complex as people want but add optional features to make it more casual if the players desire. Why limit it when more options makes for a better game. Items alone being switchable is already a huge step in that direction. Why not add a Light mode where the gameplay really is slowed down a touch for new players and kids?

06-21-2013   #44 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime
I really think Sakurai shouldn't be trying to force certain methods of play on people.
Like what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime
If anything, allow for gameplay to be as complex as people want but add optional features to make it more casual if the players desire. Why limit it when more options makes for a better game.
So, make the gameplay even more like it is now?

Also, more options doesn't necessarily make a game better, especially in Smash's case. Sakurai's focus has always been to make sure the gameplay appeals to a wide audience, casual players to the hardcore, unlike most other fighting games.
He wants the game to be simple yet deep.
Like it already is.

06-21-2013   #45 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
This article I'd just like to point out something. While there's no definitive answer whether or not Toon Link will return as a playable character, I'd like to point out that he at least exists in the game in some manner. He appears in the E3 trailer, after all.

06-26-2013   #46 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
In his latest column in Famitsu magazine, Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai discusses his reasons for picking Mega Man, the Villager from Animal Crossing and the Wii Fit Trainer to be added to the two new games.

“Something I think that people noticed in the movies and screenshots released, is that the villager and trainer were not choices we made for the sake of cheap novelty,” Sakurai writes, according to a translation by Polygon. In fact, Sakurai mentions earlier on that the Villager was considered but removed from the plans for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

“Each has their own unique attacks and battle strategies, and they make the game more interesting. If I have an image of a character in my mind that dances around and jibes with what I want, then that’s the most important thing. On the other hand, even if you have a character suited for a fighting game, if you can’t make him stick out from the pack and extract something unique from him, then what can you do?”

Sakurai says the same concept applies to Mega Man as well. Mega Man’s most unique trait is his ability to acquire and use the powers of bosses he defeats, and this was what Sakurai wanted to work into the game, as opposed to simply having him use punches and kicks as he does in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

“That’s why he’s done up in NES-era proportions rather than something more realistic; that’s why he’s a little expressionless; that’s why his jumping and damage motions and the way he can fire the Mega Buster while walking are all what they are,” Sakurai explains. “It’s all in an effort to present the character.”

07-12-2013   #47 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Olimar

07-12-2013   #48 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarted

Olimar
Disappointing news. First the Wii Fit Trainer and now Olimar makes a return. Don't get me wrong, loved Pikmin. Not worth it in SSBB, not going to be worth it here. He's a boring character over-all and aesthetically unpleasing. I can see the roster will be going downhill from here.

At least Megaman is in...ya'know, finally.

07-12-2013   #49 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

I want my Lucina gdit

07-12-2013   #50 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Disappointing news. First the Wii Fit Trainer and now Olimar makes a return. Don't get me wrong, loved Pikmin. Not worth it in SSBB, not going to be worth it here. He's a boring character over-all and aesthetically unpleasing. I can see the roster will be going downhill from here.

At least Megaman is in...ya'know, finally.
Olimar boring, wat? He had the more unique playstyle in SSBB. And WiiFit trainer is a unique add as well.

07-13-2013   #51 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

I just want Ness and Ike back pleaseeee.

07-13-2013   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

It's highly likely that Ike will be replaced by a character from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

07-17-2013   #53 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
I just want Ness and Ike back pleaseeee.
Pretty sure that Ness will be staying since he's been in all the other Smash Bros games (and there's not that much to replace him with). Ike can leave since he was pretty bland.

09-12-2013   #54 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Peach confirmed

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Peach

09-12-2013   #55 (permalink)
Mega
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute

Wow they keep making her more beautiful in every Smash game

The way the Wii U version keeps looking, makes me want to buy a Wii U just for this 1 freaking game ;_;

09-12-2013   #56 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

looks like her up-smash(?) gets a little buff

09-21-2013   #57 (permalink)
Mega
Games

Well I still don't see anything on the Wii U besides this that I want...guess I'll be sticking with my 3DS and Playstation 3+4.

‘Super Smash Bros. 4’ Wii U hidden area from new stage revealed - National Video Game News | Examiner.com

Quote:

Masahiro Sakurai has provided some details in regards to a hidden area from one of the new stages that have been announced so far for the Nintendo Wii U version of the upcoming multiplatform video game, “Super Smash Bros. 4.” According to a report by Mii Gamer on Sept. 18, the game director recently provided another look at the Pyrosphere level in the crossover fighting title.

Masahiro Sakurai mentioned that the stage features a corridor from within the walls of the stage. Although the “gigantic open space” is fully rendered, it is hidden from players during gameplay. You can check out a screen depicting the corridor, along with several other shots from “Super Smash Bros. 4,” in the slideshow located on the top left-hand side of this article and the comments from the game director below (courtesy of Mii Gamer):
Inside the corridor of the walls in Pyrosphere, a view that’s really not visible in-game. You can’t tell from the picture, but it’s actually a gigantic open space.
The Pyrosphere is based on a location from “Metroid: Other M,” an action-adventure video game that was released for the Nintendo Wii. Masahiro Sakurai hinted that Ridley, a mini-boss from the “Metroid” series, would be making a special appearance in the stage of the upcoming title.

In addition to the Nintendo Wii U, “Super Smash Bros. 4” is also being developed on the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo will be releasing their software product for the two platforms sometime next year in North America and other regions. You can pre-order the products from Amazon in the following links: “Super Smash Bros. 4”

09-27-2013   #58 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Toon Link confirmed.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Toon Link

So what new Nintendo game comes out next that they can promote with a veteran?

09-27-2013   #59 (permalink)
Mega
Games

Wait, So Mario And Peach Are Getting Married In The Next ‘Smash Bros’?

Quote:

Masahiro Sakurai, the mind behind "Super Smash Bros", has released another image from the upcoming Wii U version on his Miiverse page.

And the previous installment had Sakurai plus others involved posting odd screenshots here and there, but the image above is something completely different. From the looks of it, Mario and Peach are tying the knot?

According to Kotaku, the image is accompanied by Sakurai asking: ""Whom is the ring for?" Seems obviously… isn't it?

Perhaps the upcoming game culminates in a big wedding, much like "Muppets In Manhattan"? Which is the only other dynamic duo that I can personally think of that got hitched, but whose ceremony ended up only somewhat counting in subsequent movies and TV shows.

Furthermore, a union of the two is well overdue, but it's hard to believe that Nintendo would actually let it happen. Then again, the Super Mario franchise has desperately needed some kind of shakeup and maybe this is it?

Also, the ring is green… not exactly the color one associated with wedding rings. Maybe it's now a wedding ring after all. Or maybe it is and that's just how it is in the Mushroom Kingdom. Perhaps it's made out of Bower's hide, after finally being killed earlier in the game?

Surely a wedding can't take place without risk of him crashing the party, and now that he's dead, etc. Also, does anyone know if Sakurai is married? Maybe this is his way of proposing to some lucky gal somewhere?

10-01-2013   #60 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Sonic confirmed back in SSB4.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Sonic the Hedgehog