Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-10-2013   #1 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R
Default Final Fantasy XV

Quote:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII is alive! Square Enix showed a new gameplay trailer for the game at Sony’s E3 press conference this evening and revealed that the game is titled Final Fantasy XV and is coming to PlayStation 4.

Square Enix did not specify if the game is a PlayStation 4 exclusive title.

Last edited by R; 06-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-10-2013   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Good Job still kicking that dead horse Square.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-10-2013   #3 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

oh hell no.

Ah whatever I'll give it a try.

06-10-2013   #4 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r é
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

I've been waiting a loooong time, SE . . . But it looks delicious, so I'll patiently wait a bit more .
Don't really care about the number at the end of it !

06-10-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Counter-Strike OnlineTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends

iTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond reputeiTaker has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: iTaker
Level: 30

Besides the fact that it's not like any of the other FF games because this one isn't turn based.

<3 Katamari, Complexity, 7N, Ecks T.C. <3

06-10-2013   #6 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer68
Besides the fact that it's not like any of the other FF games because this one isn't turn based.
I'm hoping that makes me love it even more since I don't care for the turn based stuff. (I don't hate it, but I like having more control of my character~) But since it's Final Fantasy the pretty graphics will make up for that

Really looking forward to this game though now that's it's FINALLY announced and not just a trailer.

Time to sell all my games for a PS4

06-10-2013   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

I'm still rooting for a new FFT. ugh.

I don't really feel compelled to buy these next-gen consoles as of yet. I think I'm gonna hold back and let everyone else decide for me by the games and how they all play, this being one of the games I'll be watching out for.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

06-11-2013   #8 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I'm still rooting for a new FFT. ugh.
I'm sure as hell not.
The first game was absolute perfection with a strong job and skill system, and a dark and violent story that grabbed your attention.

Then there was the second one which took what made FFT great and threw it out the window for stupid shit like clan battles, the god damn judge system and the story which was an absolute joke you couldn't care about because it was all a fantasy dream world.

If they touch FFT they'll base it on the second one like they did before and it will be just as terrible if not worse than that already sizable turd.

06-11-2013   #9 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It sounds like Final Fantasy XV might see sequels in the future, similar to Final Fantasy XIII.

When asked about potential sequels at their presentation in Los Angeles this morning, Square Enix stated that Final Fantasy XV is such a large-scale game that many stories may come at a later time.

Square Enix’s Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto wouldn’t comment on how close to completion Final Fantasy XV is. The game is still being worked on by the same staff that were developing the game when it was titled Final Fantasy Versus XIII, although Hashimoto stated that Square added staff to the development.

Hashimoto also stated that, having played Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PlayStation 3 and Final Fantasy XV on PlayStation 4, he can see the difference between them.

When asked if the more action-oriented nature of the game meant that Final Fantasy was going to be become that way in the future, Hashimoto stated that the Final Fantasy series has different systems, but that Square are not at the stage where they can comment on the future beyond Final Fantasy XV.

When asked if it was difficult to do turn-based combat in a game that has the production values of Final Fantasy XV, Hashimoto stated that he feels there is a future for both action-based RPGs as well as command-based ones. Square feel that the action-based combat fits Final Fantasy XV.

06-11-2013   #10 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Noctis Returns: Final Fantasy XV

06-11-2013   #11 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

DIAMONDS. I'm willing to bet half of it will be canned on release though. Too janky/good to be true.

06-11-2013   #12 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Wouldn't be a final fantasy game without involving magic crystals, nice to see they still keep to some things.

06-11-2013   #13 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

How about a sequel to the first Final Fantasy game, then? That was the the best one IMO

I'm not kidding either. I played through FF1 at least 10 times, I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

06-12-2013   #14 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Nuclear Family

Gameplay looks a bit like DMC, with the whole 3-5 weapons thing. Except slower and more terrible.

Still, that's better than turn-based combat; might actually buy the game and try it out.

06-12-2013   #15 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

Quote:
Final Fantasy XV focus on Noctis and his friends from the Kingdom of Lucis. Crown Prince Noctis is the protagonist in Final Fantasy XV, but he is forced out of his home when the forces of Nifiheim launch an assault on Lucis.

Earlier today we saw a gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy XV. Noctis has three main commands Warp which teleports him around the battlefield, Attack, and "Link Form. The Attack command changes depending which blade Noctis has equipped and it appears you can change weapons as s een by the rotating blades in the Final Fantasy XV trailer. Commands for Item and Magic are also shown in one scene where Noctis casts a fire spell.

Reoccurring Final Fantasy monsters like the Iron Giant and Behemoth appear to be in the Final Fantasy XV trailer.

Final Fantasy XV is in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game’s release date is TBD.
Screenshot:
Spoiler!

06-12-2013   #16 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

Quote:
The recently revealed Final Fantasy XV was one of this year’s biggest surprises at E3 this week. In the midst of a busy schedule for director Tetsuya Nomura, Famitsu.com were able to catch up and discuss future plans for the much anticipated fifteenth installment of the Final Fantasy series.

To begin with, many have wondered about any significant meanings behind the end of the trailer, when it was quoted, “The world is ever changing… For the fifteenth coming,” and if it has anything to do with the story of the game.

According to Nomura, this quote isn’t part of the game, and it was just a line that was made for the trailer alone. It won’t have anything to do with the story or any of the characters.

Spoiler!

Nomura also briefly touched upon the nature of the game’s story and its battle system. Both are different from past Final Fantasy games, and this is a result of the game having started out as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. That said, while the game has been rebranded to “Final Fantasy XV,” the idea behind having a different story and and action-based battle system has not.

Nomura says he had to confirm that this would be okay during talks of the game being rebranded as the next numbered Final Fantasy XV. After being told that it wouldn’t be a problem, things went ahead as planned.

Additionally, while Square Enix hinted earlier in the week that Final Fantasy XV may have sequels or future follow-up games that continue the story, Nomura clearly confirms that this will indeed be the case.

Spoiler!

Says Nomura: “In the trailer, there was a line that read “A World of the Versus Epic,” which suggests that it will be part of an epic. While Final Fantasy XV will have one climax, as a story, we plan to continue it further.”

This, Nomura says, would make it easier for him and the rest of the team to develop freely without having to worry about the story and contents fitting into just one game.

That said, if Final Fantasy XV is to become a continuous series, players may expect subsequent games to be released in a shorter span, similar to the Final Fantasy XIII series. Famitsu asks Nomura to weigh in on the subject.

“As for as how it will be released, we’ll announce that later on; however, having you wait a long while for a next title isn’t something we would desire…” Nomura replies. “Also, we’ve been exploring online compatibilities ever since the shift towards the next-generation hardware was decided.”

Spoiler!

He continued in regards to possible online features, “There are many possibilities. To develop a big title for next-gen consoles, the development costs and time increases significantly, along with its entire scale. When it comes to offline games, even titles that have been in development for years can easily be played out in a short period of time. In order to increase the span of play time, I believe that online features are definitely required. Also, in order to keep the story and anticipation going, I believe that such features are needed, so we’re currently exploring possibilities.”

Famitsu then asks whether there are any plans involving the PlayStation Vita or other hardware for Final Fantasy XV. To this, Nomura replies that Square Enix are interested in using the Vita, smartphones and tablets for new developments.

“Not only PS Vita, but we’re also exploring possible implementations using smartphones and tablets to bring new developments that have yet to be seen in the Final Fantasy series,” Nomura says. “I believe that such expandability has been made possible thanks to the advantage of switching our development method to a PC base.”

Finally, Nomura leaves the following message for fans:

“I deeply apologize for having you wait for so long. I hope that our latest announcement has been able to meet all of your expectations. From this point on, the quality will only be getting better. We plan on revealing more information at future large events such as the Tokyo Game Show, so keep a close eye on the upcoming evolution of Final Fantasy XV. There are many of you who feel that Japanese developers have fallen behind those from the West in the current generation. I believe that this title will show you otherwise for the next generation.”

Final Fantasy XV is currently in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

06-12-2013   #17 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I want a throwback FF like FFIX was trying to be.

06-13-2013   #18 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games

Quote:
Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura has been quite the busy man these past few days. In addition to the Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III interviews (which can be read here and here, respectively), he shared additional info during an earlier interview called the “Square Enix Members Exclusive Interview Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX” program, which was reported by Famitsu.

Nomura says during the interview that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was large enough in scope within the first year or two of having been announced, that Square Enix had already considered rebranding it as Final Fantasy XV. It was decided two years ago that it would shift to next-gen consoles and it was officially decided to move the title over as Final Fantasy XV sometime last year.

Nomura talked a little about the game’s system. “Action is the base, and there aren’t too many turn-based elements,” he explained. That said, “We’re being careful to not make it completely action, since we want it to be a “Final Fantasy” action game, so we’re putting a lot of considerations into such matters.”

The director would like to show the Final Fantasy feeling to it by allowing you to fight alongside party members and having to think about certain actions you take.

In regards to the main character, Noctis, Nomura shared his opinion. “Honestly, his inside (personality) isn’t very cool. Judging by his appearance, he may look that way, but he’s actually quite the weirdo. (laugh)”

Finally, Nomura explained the delay in relaying information about the game publicly. Since moving Final Fantasy XV to next-gen consoles, Square have decided to increase the quality while using the Luminous Studio engine, which explains its lengthy delay and the lift of the “informational ban” Nomura had previously mentioned.

Final Fantasy XV is currently in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
For info on Kingdom Hearts III, click here.

Last edited by R; 06-13-2013 at 06:59 PM.

06-24-2013   #19 (permalink)
Mega
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute

Meet The Final Fantasy XV Main Cast - News - Final Fantasy Union - Final Fantasy News, Music, Guides & More

Quote:
Following on from E3, Square Enix has chosen to share some additional information about the main cast of Final Fantasy XV.

Quite a lot of this was already known, we talked about them on the last episode of the podcast, but here's some additional information about the cast.

First up, we've got Noctis Lucis Caelum. He's the main character of this picture and is apparently bestowed with a mystical power that allows him to see a heavenly light. Friends refer to him as "Noct" and he's also rather brash.

Next, we've got Gladiolus Amicitia. He is from a line that's sworn to protect the crown. Affectionately known as "Gladio", he shares a rather close friendship with Noctis.

Ignis Scientia is next. He is said to have the unwavering voice of reason, offering logic to most situations. He helps to smooth over Noctis' brash behaviour.

Prompto Argentum is the fourth member of this motley crew. He's described as a "puckish playboy" and got to know Noctis during their school days. Because of this, he's seen as an outsider, as he has no royal bloodline.

Cor Leonis rounds out the cast. He's apparently a living of Lucian lore and is a Lord Commander. He is extremely devoted to the crown, but isn't too pleased about having to look after Noctis and his band of brothers.

09-19-2013   #20 (permalink)
Mega
Games