Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-16-2013   #1 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fairy Fencer F

Spoiler!

Quote:
The Neptunia team is hard at work on a big project called Fairy Fencer F. The game is built using Neptunia’s battle system as a foundation and Tsunako, the character artist from the Neptunia series, created characters for Fairy Fencer F. That’s probably why it feels familiar.

You won’t find any console mascots in Fairy Fencer F, though. Compile Heart designed Fairy Fencer F as a more traditional RPG. Screenshots of the game show Tiara, the girl with blue hair, in battle with Fang. The monsters look more ferocious than the horsebird in Neptunia. The four commands on the menu are: menu (triangle), wait (square), attack (circle), and defend (X).

Yoshitaka Amano created concept art for Fairy Fencer F. The game is slated for release on PlayStation 3 this year in Japan.
Spoiler!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-16-2013   #2 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Yup. Looks like a Compile Heart game. Pretty disappointing, though I can't say I'm surprised.
At least Amano's concept art is nice.

05-17-2013   #3 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fairy Fencer F is being developed by the Neptunia team and it uses the Neptunia battle system. Compile Heart added new features like air combos and avalanche attacks. How do you do these? Compile Heart didn’t say, other than the controls won’t be difficult. Players can also use Weapon Points to customize their Furies, which are a key part of the story.

A long time ago there was a conflict between a goddess and an evil god. The two deities didn’t fight directly, but created a large number of special weapons for others to use. Eventually, these powers sealed each other and the power vanished from the world. Fast forward to modern times where these leftover weapons are called "Furies" and warriors that wield them are "Fencers." Fury weapons are said to be incredibly powerful, so Fencers constantly scramble to acquire them. By a strange coincidence, two fencers, Fang and Tiara, get caught up in the struggle between the goddess and evil god.
Spoiler!

Quote:
Fang is the protagonist. He tends to say stupid things, but he’s an honest guy who doesn’t hide anything. Usually, he’s lazy and interested in doing things for pleasure, but once he’s fired up nothing can stop him.
Spoiler!

Quote:
Tiara is the heroine and also a fencer. She comes from a well off family and is a little too serious at times. She is collecting Furies to revive the goddess. Watch out because if you cross Tiara she’s scary when she gets angry.
Spoiler!

Quote:
Alyn is the human form of the spirit dwelling inside Fang’s Fury. She lost her memory and looks down at Fang’s haughty attitude.

05-17-2013   #4 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloze
Yup. Looks like a Compile Heart game. Pretty disappointing, though I can't say I'm surprised.
At least Amano's concept art is nice.
I'm not sure how it's disappointing, but I for one enjoy their games. They may not be the best games out there, but hey, personal preference.

I look forward to Fairy Fencer F.. but the name is just terrible.

05-17-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

I thought this was gonna be about Brave Fencer Musashi

05-17-2013   #6 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom
I'm not sure how it's disappointing
I find it disappointing because with names like Amano and Uematsu I was hoping for Compile Heart to try making something a little different.

05-19-2013   #7 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

No news of localization? Though I assume NISA will probably do it if it does.

I'm not a huge fan of Compile Heart, I really dislike how they put little effort into their battle systems but I still enjoyed the Neptune games... mostly for the characters.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

05-20-2013   #8 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
No news of localization? Though I assume NISA will probably do it if it does.
There more than likely won't be any news of that until after the Japanese release. But this is a type of game that will definitely get NIS America's attention.

05-28-2013   #9 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Fairy Fencer F Japanese release date set - Gematsu

05-30-2013   #10 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
Why did Compile Heart hand the Neptunia series over to Dream C Club maker Tamsoft? Because the Neptunia team is busy developing Fairy Fencer F. This role playing game has a story from Kamen Rider and Iron Man anime screenwriter Toshiki Inoue.

Tiara is one of the playable characters in Fairy Fencer F. The game will be available in Japan on September 19.

05-30-2013   #11 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Fury weapons are said to be incredibly powerful, so Fencers constantly scramble to acquire them. By a strange coincidence, two fencers, Fang and Tiara, get caught up in the struggle between the goddess and evil god.

Fang is the protagonist. He tends to say stupid things, but he’s an honest guy who doesn’t hide anything. Usually, he’s lazy and interested in doing things for pleasure, but once he’s fired up nothing can stop him.

Tiara is the heroine and also a fencer. She comes from a well off family and is a little too serious at times. She is collecting Furies to revive the goddess. Watch out because if you cross Tiara she’s scary when she gets angry.
The moment I read this, my mind was screaming Unchained Blades non-stop.

Also, after contemplating and doing some math, I realized that if I could buy every game I wanted on the PS3 and 3DS and Vita and WiiU I'd be able to pay for at least 3 terms at my university.

06-06-2013   #12 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
Compile Heart revealed another Fencer in Fairy Fencer F. Harler is a researcher completely absorbed in her work. She’s a mad scientist type who is totally oblivious of her sex appeal. She doesn’t even care about her looks and dresses sloppily.

The news came with a couple more Fairy Fencer F screenshots of Fang, Tiara, and Alyn. Fairy Fencer F is slated for release on September 19 for PlayStation 3.
Screenshots:
Spoiler!

06-07-2013   #13 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
We recently showed new screenshots for Fairy Fencer F, courtesy of Compile Heart, which revealed a new Fencer named Harler, a mad scientist who appears to dress sloppily and yet still attractive. The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation gives us a peek at the game’s battle system.

Enemies will have HP bars above their heads. This will help you decide on whether you should take on enemies one at a time or try to go for multiple kills at once.

The Tension Gauge can be seen as a purple half-circle bar around the character icon to the right of the screen. The character’s Tension will be affected by actions such as defeating enemies or taking damage. When the gauge is higher, the character’s attack increases. When it is lower, their defense becomes lower.

On the lower-right part of the screen, is a command wheel. There are several basic commands such as Skill, Item, Switch, Fight, and Defend. However, there are two mystery commands called “Serious” and “Fairize”, which Compile Heart will be revealing in the near future.

In addition to the basic battle commands, Dengeki PlayStation also reports that each character will have their own highly destructive special attacks that will often be able to take out enemies in one blow. These special attacks will have their own cinematic scenes without any icons or indicators getting in the way of all the flashy explosions and effects.

Fairy Fencer F is slated for release on September 19 for PlayStation 3.

06-14-2013   #14 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
Compile Heart has been designing Fairy Fencer F and transformed Neptunia character artist Tsunako’s drawings into 3D models. Here’s a look at Fang, Harlot, and Tiara.

Fang

Spoiler!

Harlot
Spoiler!

Tiara
Spoiler!

Fairy Fencer F is slated for release on September 19 in Japan.
Screenshots:
Spoiler!

06-14-2013   #15 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Tits. That is all. For now.

06-14-2013   #16 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games

Her name is Harlot...?
Well, wow.

06-27-2013   #17 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
Fairy Fencer F from Compile Heart uses Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory’s battle system as a base and builds upon it. Fights still take place in a 3D field and the speed parameter determines the turn order.

When you defeat enemies or take damage, the tension meter rises. That’s the pink gauge above the character portraits for Fang and Tiara. Characters deal more damage when tension is high. If tension is low your defense power drops. Compile Heart teases that, if your tension reaches a certain value, another effect happens.

Enemies have HP bars over their heads so you see which enemy you should focus fire on. After battle, you earn experience points like any other RPG and characters can level up. However, leveling up only increases stats. If you want to learn skills or spells, you have to use your Fury—a special weapon Fencers use. Characters can also learn Weapon Combos and gain WP (weapon points) after battle to strengthen weapons.

Fairy Fencer F will be available on September 19 in Japan.

06-28-2013   #18 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Knowing Compile Heart, the battle system will be extremely cheap and poorly made regardless of what they attempt.

06-28-2013   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

I this Coming to Nintendo Wii U ???

06-28-2013   #20 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

No, it's PlayStation 3 only.