Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-01-2013   #21 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I'd play the 2nd one if they removed the main protagonist and Marta.
It's rather sad that I played the original 13 times start to finish with all the sidequests and tedious to obtain unlockable content till the game was mastered at 100%.

But I quit the second one around the midway point, maybe a little earlier because I could not tolerate those two characters any longer, plus the story was very weak in comparison to the point I didn't care about what was going on.

Because for those who are wondering why I hate whatever his name was, when you compare him to Lloyd he's not headstrong, confident, optimistic and at times a bit cocky, friendly, or determined towards anything.

At least with Lloyd you were rooting for him because he was rooting for himself to do whatever it took to accomplish his task, with the emo protagonist he just moped around, cried, doubted everything, sucked at anything he did and was a really depressing guy to be around, he'd rather go home and hide under his bed than do anything... and yet he's the hero? Screw you Namco!
*I liked his alter ego though, that's more of a heroic personality but sadly it came and went.

As for Marta she was just annoying with her weird overly attached feelings for this pathetic waste of air, all because he did one nice thing for her. You'd think she'd move on from that at some point and find someone else worthwhile, and maybe she does but I never got that far to find out.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-01-2013   #22 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Never played the two games so I might pick this up, it doesn't really look "HD remastered" though...

06-01-2013   #23 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
While we were at Tales Festival, Namco Bandai gave us a couple of images for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. This PlayStation 3 compilation includes Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World remastered with HD graphics. Namco Bandai also added cut-in illustrations to Tales of Symphonia.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is slated for release in the West in 2014. Japan will get the HD remasters on October 10 and Namco Bandai put together a collector’s edition on LalaBit Market.

The 9,980 yen ($99) package includes the PlayStation 3 game, five figurines, a Tales of Symphonia novel light novel, the first print 10th Anniversary Greeting card with a message from the artists plus a PS3 custom theme, and a box designed by Ufotable. We’ll have a report on what it’s like to be inside Tales Festival later on.

Spoiler!

06-01-2013   #24 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

I'm confused, those do not appear to be HD images.
If they're supposed to be then they look no better than the old gamecube game.

06-02-2013   #25 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Pro tip: There is no ToS2. There is only ToS. Ignore the other game in the package.

06-03-2013   #26 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Namco Bandai has shared the first HD screenshots of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for PS3, their upcoming HD Remaster of Tales of Symphonia and its sequel, Dawn of the New World. You might have seen these screens before, but the difference is that these ones are in HD at 1280x720px.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles will be released in the West sometime in 2014. Prior to that, the game will be released in Japan on October 10th.
Screenshots:

Spoiler!

06-03-2013   #27 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

I guess cause they're older now they can't bump them up to 1080p or something

Still looks pretty clear though.

06-03-2013   #28 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

So it's not "HD Remaster," it's just "resolution increase."

06-03-2013   #29 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Upscaling always looks like shit because that's not true HD.
Come on Namco put some effort into it.

06-04-2013   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Shadow5YA has disabled reputation
IGN: ColdShadow
Class: Yuki lu_yuki

Yeah... I'm just going to youtube the voiced skits when someone puts them up and move on.

06-09-2013   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordAionAuditionCombat Arms

Inorizushi is on a distinguished road

Not excited over ToS2 because holy crap I played through it once, sold it and erased all proof that I played it. But OMG HD ToS.
NOW I GET TO SEE GENIS' SEXINESS IN 1080p AWWW YEAH.

I mean.
Yeah screw it.

Oh, only upscaling?
w/e. good enough for me.

06-13-2013   #32 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

New Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack Screenshots From Famitsu - Abyssal Chronicles - A Tales of Series Fansite

Quote:
So, just for clarification, when we say "Unisonant Pack," we mean the Japanese version. If we say "Chronicles," we mean the localization. Now, onward!

Famitsu has posted a few new screenshots of Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack. These screens are mainly of the Symphonia game, though. We'll update them with better ones once they're available.

The article just mainly talks a bit about the both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It also introduces the games' main heroes and heroines: Lloyd and Colette for Symphonia and Emil and Marta for Dawn of the New World. The rest pretty much just talks about what we already know: about the cut-ins being redrawn, the Tales of Series costumes for the Symphonia party members, etc. The Tales costumes, by the way, can be obtained at the beginning of the game, according to Famitsu. At least Lloyd's Guy costume and Genis's Luke costume, anyway.

As we announced during the game's reveal, Famitsu will also be having its own limited edition bundle of the game. The Famitsu DX pack will include four clear files, three of which will be illustrated by ufotable. Out of those 3, ufotable is holding a survey to let people decide what will be on one of them. You can do so here. It's in Japanese, though. They basically ask you who to include in the clear file, what idea you have and if you ever bought the Symphonia games before.

06-13-2013   #33 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

I'm still amused how these sites keep adding screenshots that are too low resolution and are .jpg files.
It will always look worse than the gamecube version until Namco releases some 1,9201,080 .png or .bmp images to prove it actually looks better than the GC.

After all that is the entire selling point of the game.

06-18-2013   #34 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Up for preorder on Amazon and Gamestop!

Already got mine done

06-20-2013   #35 (permalink)
R
Pyuru!
Special
Games

Quote:
Namco Bandai has officially released the first promotional video for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD. As previously detailed, this compilation includes Tales of Symphonia and its sequel, Dawn of the New World, on a single disc.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD will be available in Japan on October 10th. North America, Europe and Australia will get the game sometime in 2014.

06-24-2013   #36 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack Official Site Opens - Trailer and Character Pages - Abyssal Chronicles - A Tales of Series Fansite

Quote:
The Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack official website has finally opened.

We now get to see a clearer copy of the reveal trailer during Tales of Festival 2013, as well as character pages for the games' main heroes and heroines.

In addition, pre-orders of the Unisonant Pack as well as the Chronicles one have been opened in various shops. Check below:
===============================

RUMOR: Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Possibly Dual Audio? - Abyssal Chronicles - A Tales of Series Fansite

Quote:
RUMOR: The most recent issue of Game Informer possibly hints at Tales of Symphonia Chronicles getting the dual audio treatment.

Baba-san has been saying for a while now that dual audio is something they've been considering due to fan demand. But then again, you can actually interpret this as the game possibly retaining the original Japanese tracks with just English subs, as this could possibly because we're getting the PlayStation 2 version of Symphonia in this HD remaster.

For now, this is just a RUMOR, so treat it as such.

Thanks to @Flamfas for the scan.

06-28-2013   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Please Tell me it also Coming to Nintendo Wii U ??? I want to play it on a Nintendo System since I play it on the Gamecube and Wii...which I think or pretty sure Most people play it on....

06-28-2013   #38 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Probably not. They only said PS3 when it was revealed.

06-28-2013   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
Probably not. They only said PS3 when it was revealed.
welp...time for me to cry the living pathetic life our of me...
once I'm done crying my depressing life...I'm pretty much gonna do everything in my power to get Namco Bandai to reconsider...

06-29-2013   #40 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
welp...time for me to cry the living pathetic life our of me...
once I'm done crying my depressing life...I'm pretty much gonna do everything in my power to get Namco Bandai to reconsider...
Yeah...no.