Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-09-2013   #1 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Final Fantasy X-2 Sure Looks Pretty In High Definition

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-x-2-...ium=Socialflow

Quote:
I've always thought Final Fantasy X-2 was rather underrated by the Internet At Large.

Square's FFX sequel always got a bad rap because of the whole "pop group" thing, but the class-based combat system was actually kind of brilliant, and I dug revisiting the minigame-filled world of Spira to see how things had changed.

Of course, I could be remembering this all wrong, and the game might actually be horrible in retrospect.

Good thing they're remaking it so we can all see for ourselves. And the remake looks quite pretty. Below you can see a bunch of new screenshots released by Square Enix today.

Both FFX-2 and FFX are coming to PS3 and Vita later this year—for PS3 as a package including both games, and for Vita as separate titles.

Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Expand
Well, okay. Yuna looks kind of creepy there. But the rest look good!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-09-2013   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Underrated by the internet at large... This guy is ****ing retarded.
It's not underrated, it simply sucks the big one, and you don't need a remake to know that.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

05-09-2013   #3 (permalink)
R
"Ecchi" - 10/10 IGN
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

This game is a "You either like it or you hate it". There are some aspects of the game that I enjoyed (like the "class-based combat system" as he pointed out), but for me, generally, it just sucked donkey compared to the first game.

Spoiler!

Meh, still might get the FFX/X-2 pack for my Vita just for the first game. But probably not. I still have the originals, anyways.

Last edited by R; 05-09-2013 at 04:25 PM.

05-09-2013   #4 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

I never finished X and only played the demo for X-2, but I liked them both ;_;

Looking forward to replaying X in HD (WITH LULU! ) and playing X-2 for the first time

05-09-2013   #5 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

X-2's story hurt my face. Combat was fun though.

05-09-2013   #6 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

thats the imposter Yuna that you said is creepy btw.

05-09-2013   #7 (permalink)
R
"Ecchi" - 10/10 IGN
Special
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolter
thats the imposter Yuna that you said is creepy btw.
The imposter looks exactly the same as Yuna, so it doesn't matter. Also; it wasn't Mega that said it.

05-09-2013   #8 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

They should hurry up and re-make a Final Fantasy actually WORTH remaking. X & X-2 sucked ass.

Where's IX's moment to shine..again?

That's where they should of stopped.

05-09-2013   #9 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Everyone and their mother has been praying for a FF7 remake, it's the only final fantasy they could actually remake that would get any real attention from fans and newcomers alike.

Because at least FF7 didn't suck hardcore and the customization actually existed.

FF7 is the first thing to come to anyone's mind who even mentions the Final Fantasy name, so if that wasn't a sign that it left the biggest impression than what was? Clearly not X and X-2.

05-09-2013   #10 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

That awkwardness when my parents were around...

Good times...

05-09-2013   #11 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Everyone and their mother has been praying for a FF7 remake, it's the only final fantasy they could actually remake that would get any real attention from fans and newcomers alike.

Because at least FF7 didn't suck hardcore and the customization actually existed.

FF7 is the first thing to come to anyone's mind who even mentions the Final Fantasy name, so if that wasn't a sign that it left the biggest impression than what was? Clearly not X and X-2.

I actually was not a big fan of 7. Coming from playing FF6 on the SNES growing up (which was 3) avidly, 7 was just..ehh. Just didn't click with me. The graphics for one made it a struggle to play. Story was alright, final boss was jokes in comparison to Kefka.

Though I 100% agree out of all re-makes that may happen, 7 would indeed be the most successful as it's the most demanded.

05-10-2013   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

I finished Final Fantasy X, but I always got bored halfway through with Final Fantasy X-2.

Does the HD remake also come with new high-res textures? The whole thing doesn´t look that much different when played on an emulator with full HD upscaling.

05-10-2013   #13 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

What?

I'm already playing X-2 right now. somuchfun

Not sure if should get X-2 once more. Then again, HD looks nice.

05-11-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Nanaya will become famous soon enough
IGN: Anruijin

Personally, I was okay with X-2 but the story direction was off for me. What got me later is that the disc I borrowed from my friend always froze after the final boss, so I could never see the ending back then. It hurt even more that I even completed that ugly 100 floor dungeon.

05-11-2013   #15 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
FF7 is the first thing to come to anyone's mind who even mentions the Final Fantasy name
I didn't know Kotaku writers now posted on ggFTW.

Last edited by Metty; 05-11-2013 at 12:37 PM.

05-11-2013   #16 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
I didn't know Kotaku writers now posted on ggFTW.
Your sarcasm is unwarranted.
You can't tell me that when you hear Final Fantasy you don't instantly think of FF7 and all the thousands of hardcore fanboys before you think of your favorite game.

For the record I don't like FF7 all that much either, I've played more enjoyable FF titles, but it's still the first thing I think of because of the constant hype and fanboy squeals it gets whenever FF is mentioned.

Of course it didn't help that Square reignited the flames in recent years.
Remember the PS3 tech demo? It got wild and the buzz left an impression for months about whither or not it would become a reality.

05-11-2013   #17 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Your sarcasm is unwarranted.
Actually it was my polite way of saying you're full of shit.

Quote:
You can't tell me that when you hear Final Fantasy you don't instantly think of FF7
Again I'll politely say you're full of shit. First things I always think of are FF4 followed by FF9 and Mystic Quest.

05-11-2013   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

i'm of the opinion that the story was godawful and that the practically required minigames were more annoying then fun but the combat was pretty ok. but as a whole i feel like it was a step down from the original.

05-11-2013   #19 (permalink)
R
"Ecchi" - 10/10 IGN
Special
Games

Quote:
When Square Enix put together Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix they made some tweaks to make Kingdom Hearts control more like Kingdom Hearts II and included all of the bonus content from the Final Mix version.

Final Fantasy X-2 was re-released with extra content in Japan too as Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission. This version of the game adds three more dress spheres (festivalist, psychic, and bare) and a whole extra "Last Mission" episode that takes place three months after the events in Final Fantasy X-2. Last Mission has a massive tower to climb and conversations that act as an epilogue for many characters in Spira. Famitsu specifically says whether Last Mission has been included or not in Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster is "undecided." Perhaps, Square Enix will release this as DLC?

Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission also has Creature Create mode where you can capture and train monsters. It’s basically the source of inspiration for Final Fantasy XIII-2′s battle system where the third character can be a monster or if various captured characters like Snow.
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster May Not Include The Last Mission | Siliconera

05-11-2013   #20 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Money hungry Squenix huh?