ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Disgaea D2 (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/121094-disgaea-d2.html)

RoflKnife 03-02-2013 07:47 PM

Disgaea D2

Right, so it's going to be localized. More Disgaea for all!

Blizt 03-02-2013 08:19 PM

Oh yay, I had been looking forward to this! The new system and features this time seems really interesting :3

Also can't wait to see when Laharl-san turns into Laharl-chan~ would he have allergic reaction just by looking at his own body? XDD

I do kinda wish they could release the new title on Vita though...being a grindy game, handheld feels so much better than console imo.

Some high-res pictures

Torikakae 03-02-2013 08:34 PM

Is this technically...Disgaea 5?

Veloze 03-02-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1807557)
Is this technically...Disgaea 5?

Disgaea 1 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Torikakae 03-02-2013 09:36 PM

^ Ahh yeah, I guess that makes sense. It's the first in the series to have the same main character again.

Oh wow, does that mean that my favorite Scout class would return (...even if I saw the Yin-Yang Mage in the trailer)? I miss that cute class~

R 03-02-2013 09:43 PM

Saw this last week. I'm excited for it.

Spoiler!

Veloze 03-02-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1807566)
^ Ahh yeah, I guess that makes sense. It's the first in the series to have the same main character again.

Oh wow, does that mean that my favorite Scout class would return (...even if I saw the Yin-Yang Mage in the trailer)? I miss that cute class~

Sadly, nope.
The game has the generic units we've seen since Disgaea 2.

RoflKnife 03-02-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1807563)
Disgaea 1 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

This guy knows what's up. Extremely accurate.

Torikakae 03-03-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1807568)
Sadly, nope.
The game has the generic units we've seen since Disgaea 2.

Don't kill my dream yet >_<

Lime 03-05-2013 12:49 PM

So far, is it safe to assume that this is gonna be a full sequel in the Disgaea series?

As in, instead of dumping hours into Disgaea 4's post game, should i just wait for this game and its gameplay refinements?

Veloze 03-05-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lime (Post 1807972)
As in, instead of dumping hours into Disgaea 4's post game, should i just wait for this game and its gameplay refinements?

If you want to, I guess.

R 04-10-2013 09:54 PM

Little late on posting this, but here's the opening for anyone who hasn't seen it:

R 05-30-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Disgaea Dimension 2 is a sequel to Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, but if Laharl can appear in every game why can’t Mao? Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention characters Mao, Raspberyl, and Salvatore can join your Disgaea Dimension 2 team via downloadable content.

Mao

Raspberyl

Salvatore

Each character is 300 yen ($3) or you can grab all three characters plus a PlayStation 3 theme for 900 yen ($9).

R 06-09-2013 06:22 PM

Disgaea D2 Contest by NIS America

R 06-18-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

I got a taste of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness during E3 and one of the main changes to the game is the piggyback system. We mentioned this before on Siliconera and this gameplay mechanic essentially replaces the magichange system.

“Piggyback” is a command on the menu which you can activate if a character such as Laharl or Etna is standing next to a monster like the Dragon or Prinny. When you ride a monster you get a special attack that changes depending on the type of monster you’re riding.

I had Laharl ride Prinny, which give the pair a Bomberman parody special attack. This animation teleports Laharl, Prinny, and the enemy character in a maze and other Prinnies toss bombs in. I teamed up Etna with a Mothman which enables an attack that reaches three squares forward. Use this and Etna borrows the Mothman’s wings and flies straight into the enemy.

Another change outside of battle is the size of the base. Players can walk around Laharl’s castle in Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness and there are plenty of Netherworld servants to talk to. Oh, and if you’re wondering the English subtitle, I asked NIS America where A Brighter Darkness came from. A representative explained that’s because the game’s colors are brighter than the original Disgaea.

From the bit I played, that’s true Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness did look more vibrant than other Disgaea games.

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness is slated for release this fall in North America and Europe.

R 07-10-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness will be available on October 8 in North America and September 27 in Europe. The PlayStation 3 game will retail for $49.99 alone and as part of a giant limited edition sold on NIS America’s store.

NIS America’s Disgaea D2 bundle includes two petite figures, artbook, and two disc soundtrack from the Japanese limited edition plus a Disgaea D2 strategy guide and five art cards for $104.99. Here’s a closer look at the Flonne and Etna figures.

Paul 07-11-2013 08:16 AM

Pre-ordered the LE + book... even though the book is probably gonna be as useless as D4's strategy guide.

R 07-23-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

NIS America released a new video of Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness that introduces the main characters. You probably recognize Laharl, Etna, and Flonne from other Disgaea titles. Disgaea D2 is a direct sequel to the first game and Laharl has stepped up to the Overlord throne.

Sicily is a new character who claims to be Laharl’s sister and also wants to be the Overlord. Another faction doesn’t believe Laharl is up to the task of filling in for King Krichevskoy and wants Barbara to be the Overlord. Meanwhile, there is a war between demons and angels. It seems like Xenolith knows something about that.

Disgaea D2 comes out on October 8 in North America and September 27 in Europe.

R 10-11-2013 03:11 AM

I, for some reason, got my copy in the mail a day before the release date. Anyone else get theirs early?

I'm already on post-game, also. I think I've done pretty well so far. I just cleared the bill/map to unlock Valvatorez and Fenrich. But they'll now rot in my party roster, remaining untouched. Forever.

Spoiler!

R 11-04-2013 10:34 PM

It only took a little less than 98 hours, but it was definitely worth it. I had a lot of fun with it.