Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-16-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved
Default Suggestions for new MMORPG

I have not played a MMO or been here for a while because of work (and to be honest been focused in single player games as well) and now that things are stable and deciding to go back I find out that Trickster is shutting down. Things were great in TO but it is time to move I guess.

I started with a 3d RPG and pretend to return to one again. I am looking for one that has a well established population and stability (nothing is assured in MMOs but no open betas or games where you see a dozen players at maximum at any given time, you get the idea). It has to be cute and anime styled - I love in particular cute costumes. ^^ Pets are a big plus but not essential.

I prefer grinding over quests so I am prioritizing games that allow grinding to be a decent method of leveling up. I prefer to play alone so grinding has to be possible by myself even on higher levels. I love playing as mages, if that helps. Dual wielding warriors are also cool. I do not mind spending some money (not a lot) to get decent stats if needed.

Some information regarding class diferences and stat requirements for effective grinding at later levels is appreciated (something like in TO mages basically rule grinding after 150+ and need a ton of MA to grind in specific spots). I do not care about PvP.

I have my sight set on FlyFF but any detailed information from experienced players about MMOs is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-17-2013   #2 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

If you're planning to play flyff and want to play a mage you should become an Elementar(can't remember the name right). They basically use aoe magic from the 4 elements, i highly recommend searching for a stat AND skill guide that's up to date as you can easily screw up your character.

Flyff is slightly pay to win, i recommend buying a pick-up pet as picking up drops is hard for aoe characters (as there are people who will stalk you and will try to steal your drops, it happens more often than you'd expect) and the pets pick up items almost instantly. As an Elementor don't expect to kill bosses quickly, you'll survive their rage with ease though.

The actual grind starts after level 70-ish when each monster you kill gives you 0.01% exp, but there are cash maps that last from 24 hours to 7 to 14 days and you can get around double the experience there.

If you've got the time always search for players saying "LF>LEECHER,ME LVL XX" because leechers are any player that's lower by 19 levels at most from the other player as you get a slight exp boost if you have a leecher with you.
I guess i should explain the party system in flyff as well. A party consists of ~8 people (if i remember it right) and you level the party itself up, after level 10 or 20 you'll get an exp boost regardless if you're close to anyone or not, you will get kicked off the party if you enter an instance dungeon though, as you'll be treated as if you skipped a channel.

I forgot to say, if you want to go Magikarp > Pikachu > Gyarados you could become a 100% hp healer. The reason i said Magikarp is because you'll have a really hard time before level 60. You'll be a pikachu between 60-80 because everyone and their grandmothers will want you leeching them because of your buffs and heals. Once you hit 80 you'll get one of the strongest aoe moves in the game. What's fun about aoe healer is because you generally run away from 20-30 monsters while spamming your only aoe move, throw in a benny hill song in the background and you'll have a laugh while training on your own. As a healer you'll also have a self revive skill, though on a long cooldown.

PvP is fun, there's an arena for this and you can easily make friends there, expect newbies to single you out and try to kill you as often as possible, if you're a healer you can outheal it's damage as the spell has no cooldown, it pisses them off.

If you want to have some money to start with i suggest cashing and buying an Sprotect package and selling them in either Darkon or Flaris as it's the safest way to make money off of gpotatoes, to find out their general price just browse shops in either Flaris or Darkon and sell yours a slightly bit lower in the pvp arena, it'll sell faster than you'd expect. Opening a personal shop is free of any charges but be careful where you open them and with what names you open them with as it affects your sales.

That's it for a flyff 101, if you have any questions just ask or pm me if i don't respond here.

02-18-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute

I really appreciate the information. Just a follow up question - 0.01% per kill? Considering that you need 10k of these mobs to level up, are players able to kill these grindable mobs at that level quickly with good (not godlike) equips?

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

02-18-2013   #4 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette
I really appreciate the information. Just a follow up question - 0.01% per kill? Considering that you need 10k of these mobs to level up, are players able to kill these grindable mobs at that level quickly with good (not godlike) equips?
depends on what lvl u r @ in the game & class u r playin

90% of the time u will NEED a FS support to lvl/sum 1 to leech off of u to maximize exp gain(there goes the training alone viability & still class subjective). even if u don't need heals, the buffs 4rm a FS support is what makes them sought after.

if u don't have the patience to shout for a FS to train with/can't find a dedicated perma FS, just make ur own & dual client

02-18-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're asking for GOOD MMOs, namely MMOs that are not point-and-click.

-RaiderZ (ARPG MMO that went Official in October/November, so it's still relatively new. If you start now, you can probably catch up to the endgame.)
-Black Desert Online (Another Action MMO, when it comes out)
-Tera (I don't like this MMO honestly, the combat system feels really clunky and is non-engaging to the player, but a lot of people play TERA and it has a HUGE community.)
-Blade & Soul (if you have a KSSN, if not there are private servers which require no KSSN)
-Elder Scrolls Online/Neverwinter (apparently, both of these MMOs will allow you to create your own DUNGEONS! OMIGOD it's minecraft hype all over again. I've seen the combat in Neverwinter and I don't like it, but it's definitely a unique MMO. Elder Scrolls Online is still being developed, but I like what I see so far except for the uninspired bosses [Skeleton Knights in 2013? Come on, we can do better than that.] I think they debuted ESO at the last E3/ComicCon or something and it got a positive response.)
-Soul Worker Online (this game has been in development hell for a while, but the graphics/art style alone make the game worth playing.)

02-18-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

I appreciate your answers.

@ Almora, that was for level 70+ as Riolu had stated. Damn, that looks like a crapload of grinding and trouble. I mean, other online games too but at least I can get to the last job class available without too much trouble. Considering you get 3rd class at FlyFF at about 130, I think I will pass.

@ Griever, I did hear the gameplay of said games are great but I am not a big fan of true action RPGs if they involve any (getting things right in Oblivion or Skyrim is hard enough for me) or their realistic graphics (not that I do not like them, but I do play enough realistic looking single player RPGs and will not miss similar online versions) and I am prioritizing the anime graphics. Thanks though for the suggestions!

02-18-2013   #7 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:

@ Almora, that was for level 70+ as Riolu had stated. Damn, that looks like a crapload of grinding and trouble. I mean, other online games too but at least I can get to the last job class available without too much trouble. Considering you get 3rd class at FlyFF at about 130, I think I will pass.
oh i c, well the exp gain is way exaggerated there; that gain doesn't happen that early, but yes, it is a shit ton of mindless grinding and the general time window to max out a character is 1yr+ on avg, with some class exceptions.

but yea, good decision to pass even tho flyff is fun, it's not worth it in my opinion. it's gone way downhill and inflation is thru the roof, end game content is fun, but u'll need minimum 1yr+ to get to try it out/reach it.

i do not recommend this game to anyone. but if anyone insists, there are tons of flyff p.servers out there 4 u to try out.

02-18-2013   #8 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

I think you'll have fun playing Dragon Nest. It's 3D, super cutesy, and dungeon-based, but there are end-game raids that are really fun to be a part of. It's a bit quest orientated but you can still grind your way to cap. The characters themselves are, to reiterate, cute and you can play dress-up with NX. There are also pets in the NX shop that you can also customize, and mounts you can ride across town, currently in the form of sheep, horses, or wolves.

There are five base characters -- warrior, mage, cleric, archer and tinkerer -- that branch into their own respective specializations at higher levels. It doesn't take too long to reach cap, which I think right now is at 50. On my first character, a Saint (which is a full support character), it took me roughly 3 weeks. I imagine it would be a lot faster with a damage character, though. You can solo normal dungeons pretty easily endgame if you're skilled enough, but I guess most of the fun comes from doing nests and raids with other people. There is a variety of classes and you can't really go wrong with any that you pick. Mages in the game are very good, solo-wise and in parties and there is always a sizable amount of people online during peak hours.

But it's hosted by Nexon and there is a huge bot problem that tends to lag the server to hell every 10 or so days so your mileage may vary. ;_;

On the other hand, there is also Phantasy Star Online 2 to look forward to in the next coming months

Last edited by mamoru; 02-18-2013 at 07:58 PM.

02-18-2013   #9 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Quote:

With a party/leecher or even an aoe partner (i say partner but the person kills his own monsters) you could get around 0.03% (more with exp scrolls) and 0.02% for the partners kills and you'd level up somewhat quickly.

Flyff also has a pseudo job class, once you reach level ~120 (i do not remember the exact number, somewhere around here) you get demoted to level 60 but you'll gain double the stat/skill points on level up and gain some wtf skills (a weapon damage buff for each class and a really messed up skill, psykeepers for example can sever the control of a player on his character for a few seconds, but not all of them are pvp orientated...i think) Also once you're demoted to level 60 your exp gain will be permanently halved.

I highly recommend Dragon Nest though, i loved the game but my laptops specs are too low to play it.

02-18-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon SagaLegend of Edda

SereneSky is on a distinguished road
IGN: apricots // KaruLion
Class: Saint // Lion to_engineer

Really wish there's a community of people who I could play Ragnarok Online with again xD

Perhaps RO or Dragon Saga?