ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Game Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/)
-   -   Most active, long term, anime-style MMO? (http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/120889-most-active-long-term-anime-style-mmo.html)

Cait 02-14-2013 04:02 AM

Most active, long term, anime-style MMO?
 
Just wondering a couple things:

-what the most active, anime-style MMO is out there
-what the oldest, most active, anime-style MMOs is out there.

(Outside of Ragnarok Online xD)
(Also non side scrolling)

Thanks :O

LauraMix 02-14-2013 04:42 AM

Wonderland Online? @.@

Veloze 02-14-2013 05:17 AM

Ragnarok Online?

Cait 02-14-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cait (Post 1804755)
Just wondering a couple things:

(Outside of Ragnarok Online xD)



Also i did try wonderland online years ago, with trickster.. But the community is so... meh . ;_; I needed help, and noone wanted to help me.

XIIAlexIIX 02-14-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cait (Post 1804785)
Also i did try wonderland online years ago, with trickster.. But the community is so... meh . ;_; I needed help, and noone wanted to help me.

Alot of games have communities like that.

Cait 02-14-2013 08:05 AM

Yeah i know. Thats part of what set trickster apart :/

I didnt even ASK For help and people were throwing it at me XD

Riolu 02-14-2013 08:11 AM

Maplestory, if you can take the random ">3<"

Shnao 02-14-2013 10:01 AM

Emil Chronicle Online?

It's a Japanese Anime-Style that was released in 2005 and is still going strong to this very day. Although most servers outside of Japan have shut down, the main server is still very active with 4(?) servers I think.

Some links:
Emil Chronicle Online - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
かわいいアバターがいっぱい!エミ ・ク*ニクル・オンライン《公式サ ト》|ハートフルな世界へようこそ !

Some screenshots of gameplay:
http://i.imgur.com/7n3jsQ8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2X5TMiW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wGdQ4oK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JjBWwuT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HoyB1l0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OzaBGMY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xRnxLTS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6xi7KP0.jpg

Official artwork:
http://i.imgur.com/FFk9P7z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/avkZIGV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tIL2DQT.jpg

Videos:



If you're interested in playing, I can hook you up. :3

RoflKnife 02-14-2013 10:57 AM

I'm really surprised every recommendation in this thread directly contradicts OP's request, lol.

Dani 02-14-2013 11:29 AM

most (sort of) active animu mmo: Mabinogi (probably), Dragon Nest

oldest anime mmo: probably SEAL online if the servers are still alive in NA (I don't even know how old that thing is)

However if you want to play an actual up to date game, give tera or dragon nest a try.

Ascherit 02-14-2013 05:03 PM

All I can think of is Mabinogi.

Harlequin 02-14-2013 05:52 PM

Flyff is a pretty old MMO, released in 2005. It's pretty active, they even had a PvP world championship last year (WHICH WE COVERED HERE). Not one of my personal recommendations though, it's probably the grindiest MMO I've ever played (even moreso than Maplestory back in the day). Fiesta Online is from 2007, though I've got no idea on their activity, plus the gameplay is pretty cookie cutter.

If you're looking for a good anime style MMO... Well, god bless. After all my years of MMO gaming, I've concluded that they're very few and far between. A good MMO is hard to find, a good anime style MMO is like a needle in a haystack. TERA might be a good try for you. I'm not calling that game anime style by any means, but rather just relating it by saying that SOME OF THE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATIONS seem fashioned a bit like anime :v

kuyaBaka 02-14-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1804932)
If you're looking for a good anime style MMO... Well, god bless. After all my years of MMO gaming, I've concluded that they're very few and far between. A good MMO is hard to find, a good anime style MMO is like a needle in a haystack. TERA might be a good try for you. I'm not calling that game anime style by any means, but rather just relating it by saying that SOME OF THE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATIONS seem fashioned a bit like anime :v

I'm pretty sure the term "loli" applies.

NiBo 02-15-2013 08:04 AM

I can't think of anything else but RO and Maple Story (but you don't want those). There is FlyFF, but leveling there is mostly grinding, and I got tired of it without getting past lv35 >_>

Cait 02-15-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 1804840)
I'm really surprised every recommendation in this thread directly contradicts OP's request, lol.


Story of my life, bro. <=/

Also -
Flyff was kinda meh, quest system was messed up. "GO 2 DARKON 2" "O WE MEANT DARKON 3 NOT 2 LULZZUZL"
Emil looks good, but not in english :'(
MS - NO XD
Mabinogi - Love this game, but i want to play music!!! and if i level up my music, then my attack doesnt level up.. I tried it again anyway.. and for some reason my character was rolled back to lv. 1 -_-. Submitted support, and no response.

Seal Online - this actually looks good :O

Maybe i'll have to try this one in the future :3 Thanks <3

mikecxz 02-15-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cait (Post 1805111)
Story of my life, bro. <=/

Also -
Flyff was kinda meh, quest system was messed up. "GO 2 DARKON 2" "O WE MEANT DARKON 3 NOT 2 LULZZUZL"
Emil looks good, but not in english :'(
MS - NO XD
Mabinogi - Love this game, but i want to play music!!! and if i level up my music, then my attack doesnt level up.. I tried it again anyway.. and for some reason my character was rolled back to lv. 1 -_-. Submitted support, and no response.

Seal Online - this actually looks good :O

Maybe i'll have to try this one in the future :3 Thanks <3

thats kinda how rebirth works.

Cait 02-16-2013 08:31 PM

i didnt rebirth though :O i was like lv. 20, logged out, then 2 years later, lv. 1 D;

Sandrie 02-17-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cait (Post 1805272)
i didnt rebirth though :O i was like lv. 20, logged out, then 2 years later, lv. 1 D;

Might want to check your cumulative level, either way 20 levels in mabi is like chump change nowadays.

Also p.s. There is "battle bard" music now. And it's pretty strong actually.

Tardar 02-17-2013 12:27 PM

You should probably just browse games yourself.

Riolu 02-17-2013 01:21 PM

If you want i could help you out with Flyff Cait.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.